2020-2021 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So does that mean if we don’t hear back before the 15th it’s likely an R?
i'm thinking that after everyone finalizes their A with Wayne by the 14th, Wayne may send out super late As *IF* they have empty spots from those who end up declining the A. It's entirely possible that some people PTE'd to Wayne but are waiting to get off waitlist or don't actually plan to attend Wayne but PTE'd bc their first choice doesn't require PTE (apparently schools like that exist)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist in like the last month? I feel like I’ve heard nothing snd the accepted students has been at 679 for a whileee

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Tough scene
I actually heard about someone being accepted off the waitlist yesterday. They had applied early decision and were in Wayne’s BMS program. I don’t know them personally, though, so I can’t say it’s a 100% fact.

Thank you.
Accepted off the waitlist last week! 3.7 sGPA and 507 MCAT!
Congratulations!! That’s amazing! When did you interview? And did you send a transcript update or any update at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!! That’s amazing! When did you interview? And did you send a transcript update or any update at all?
Late Jan. I did send a few update letters, but I'm not sure if that played a part

Reactions: 1 users
Any news of Rs or As this week? Anyone at all have any shareable inside information about anything at all?

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Isnt the commit to enroll deadline tomorrow? That means we would likely hear back this week if we are going to at all right ?

Isnt the commit to enroll deadline tomorrow? That means we would likely hear back this week if we are going to at all right ?
Yes, hang in there with us.
It's very likely that we would hear something this coming week. They will send As if any spots become available at all. If not, they might reject the majority and keep a few still on the WL in case anyone drops their A due to emergency or unforeseen event.

Probably not tomorrow though. Im assuming the deadline would be tomorrow 11:59 pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, hang in there with us.
It's very likely that we would hear something this coming week. They will send As if any spots become available at all. If not, they might reject the majority and keep a few still on the WL in case anyone drops their A due to emergency or unforeseen event.

Probably not tomorrow though. Im assuming the deadline would be tomorrow 11:59 pm.
So since Wayne doesn't have a ranked waitlist, I doubt they will reject us until the very end. Whenever someone pulls out, they'll match their stats/ecs/interests/etc and pull from the waitlist that way, so we're probably all here until july 6th

• Sad
So since Wayne doesn't have a ranked waitlist, I doubt they will reject us until the very end. Whenever someone pulls out, they'll match their stats/ecs/interests/etc and pull from the waitlist that way, so we're probably all here until july 6th
I feel like every “unranked” waitlist isn’t really unranked . Think about it cuz people have been rejected off WL already

That is possible, but last year they sent multiple waves of rejections up until the first day of classes. And they have already rejected some off the WL so Im guessing there is some sort of internal ranking. Maybe not in an ordered fashion, but categorical.

That is possible, but last year they sent multiple waves of rejections up until the first day of classes. And they have already rejected some off the WL so Im guessing there is some sort of internal ranking. Maybe not in an ordered fashion, but categorical.
yes this is true. i think they mentioned that adcoms meet and score ur application so that's probably how they decide. also fit is a big thing at Wayne. the people who were rejected earlier on probably didn't align with the mission

yes this is true. i think they mentioned that adcoms meet and score ur application so that's probably how they decide. also fit is a big thing at Wayne. the people who were rejected earlier on probably didn't align with the mission
I'll make myself fit with their mission if they let me in lol

• Haha
At this point. Those who have an offer from anywhere in the US (MD or DO) just cherish that and prepare to join. And those who don't have any offer just put in new applications (both MD and DO) with renewed enthusiasm ( I know it is easier said than done). And gain any experience possible to boast the application. If this WL will just happen then great, otherwise no much to lose now.

Reactions: 4 users
Need one female roomate to share one 2Bedrooms / 2Bathroom apartment, it is 10 minutes from Medical school. Call or text Kathy at 248 330-6815.

i know Rs are usually under reported on SDN, but has anyone received R from Wayne? I wonder if the waves of R have been going out since it seems like As were trickling out

Me checking my email hopefully multiple times everyday knowing Wayne hasn't sent me anything since December
hqdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Dang so rly nobody dropped at the CTE deadline :/ it’s weird that they haven’t rejected anyone yet tho

• Sad
forgive me if this has been said before but do we know how many people are still on the waitlist? like am i 1 of 10 or 1 of 1000 at this point :/

Reactions: 6 users
That's better than what I expected, but still a lot considering classes are less than three weeks away, and we haven't heard of any movement since forever.
Golden State Warriors No GIF by NBA
I emailed the school asking ab the waitlist so I’ll let everyone know what I find out

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
so their response was pretty vague basicslly what we already knew (they’re still accepting people till classes start etc). Was hoping for a bit more clarity but I guess it’s better than nothing : )

Reactions: 8 users
at the town hall meeting right now the dean said the incoming class has 305-306 students

• Wow
at the town hall meeting right now the dean said the incoming class has 305-306 students
Since they usually have a class of ~290, this means they’ve overfilled the class already?

• Sad
Since they usually have a class of ~290, this means they’ve overfilled the class already?
ugh so unless theyre planning on keeping a larger class size, that means like 20 people have to drop out in the next two weeks for there to be any WL movement...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
If they were overfilled, why did they accept ~four new people in the first week of May?

Was there a small wave of A sent today? I see the FB group went up by quite a bit since yesterday.

Was there a small wave of A sent today? I see the FB group went up by quite a bit since yesterday.
There’s many current students and now residents who come in the group to tell us about organizations, housing, and materials. To be fair, gauging the Facebook group hasn’t been a good way to check new acceptances in a few months.

I think someone mentioned earlier that a good amount of students deferred their seats last year due to the pandemic, which may have caused the class to overfill.

• Sad