2020-2021 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I accidently submitted my application Nov 9 when I thought I had it submitted in July, It was completely finished. Luckily, I received an interview invite a week later. I am wondering if my luck ran out as I haven't interviewed yet, and they have offered a full class size admission. Any advice or thoughts about the interview/process in general or my specific situation?
Wow, you must have had a stellar app!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

Me again! What is your opinion on mid-October completion in light of the 220+ As?

Is it usual to have 220+ As around December?

Do you know how many more interviews are going out?
Given that Wayne State's goal (according to an info session someone this summer went to) is 1500 interviews (1.5x the typical amount) and they're currently at 1,263 interviews sent, they have a little over 200 to send out which sounds reasonable (Tufts has a similar amount left to send). Schools usually accept 2-2.5x the number of applicants they plan to admit with the knowledge people will choose other places. Since Wayne State admits 290 students a year, they're probably looking to accept 580-725 students throughout the cycle (including taking off waitlist). At 600 interviews completed, they have accepted about 1/3 of the people they accept and with the 600 still to go (half) still to go. This means if they're going at the same rate that they have been, they'll have about 500ish acceptances by the end of their cycle of 1500 people interviewed which makes sense given how they noted they wanted to be conservative with their acceptances this year (mentioned somewhere above). As for if it's normal, it seems reasonable at the least) for what they want to do. As for the mid October completion date, they've gone through a lot so far and you're not out till you're out so just hold out hope.
 
Given that Wayne State's goal (according to an info session someone this summer went to) is 1500 interviews (1.5x the typical amount) and they're currently at 1,263 interviews sent, they have a little over 200 to send out which sounds reasonable (Tufts has a similar amount left to send). Schools usually accept 2-2.5x the number of applicants they plan to admit with the knowledge people will choose other places. Since Wayne State admits 290 students a year, they're probably looking to accept 580-725 students throughout the cycle (including taking off waitlist). At 600 interviews completed, they have accepted about 1/3 of the people they accept and with the 600 still to go (half) still to go. This means if they're going at the same rate that they have been, they'll have about 500ish acceptances by the end of their cycle of 1500 people interviewed which makes sense given how they noted they wanted to be conservative with their acceptances this year (mentioned somewhere above). As for if it's normal, it seems reasonable at the least) for what they want to do. As for the mid October completion date, they've gone through a lot so far and you're not out till you're out so just hold out hope.
How many people do you think will get off the WL?
 
Im confused. They updated the tracker about interviews and acceptances but not that many people here(sdn is somewhat reflective) have said they got IIs.

Are they sending those out or they already have?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im confused. They updated the tracker about interviews and acceptances but not that many people here(sdn is somewhat reflective) have said they got IIs.

Are they sending those out or they already have?
Probably will send it out this week! I'm sure we would get at least a couple of posts once they release them. I know it can be very difficult, but after submitting you should really try and minimize the amount of time you spend on SDN/Reddit etc. It can literally make you go crazy and honestly doesn't change much of anything!
 
No idea! maybe it’s to all interviewees? Does someone have more insight?
I got one that sounds similar or the same thing 2 days before receiving my decision (W). Idk if it means anything, when I called she said it was a mistake but I couldn’t help but search for a correlation because not everyone gets these random ones.
 
I got one that sounds similar or the same thing 2 days before receiving my decision (W). Idk if it means anything, when I called she said it was a mistake but I couldn’t help but search for a correlation because not everyone gets these random ones.
The only thing I remember is that the email came right before a large amount of decisions. My hope is that it might be this time around as well which would mean us WL people might see some movement. Plus with the interview tracker recently being updated, who knows..... More than likely it's nothing, but we can hope!
 
The only thing I remember is that the email came right before a large amount of decisions. My hope is that it might be this time around as well which would mean us WL people might see some movement. Plus with the interview tracker recently being updated, who knows..... More than likely it's nothing, but we can hope!
Hmmm I wouldn't get our hopes up so early
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOOLL I feel that. My overthinking self wants to call them sooo bad and ask what it means like it literally addresses you as future warrior md 😭
RIGHT?! Also in the subject line mine said "You have finished your interview." In the first sentence of the email they say my hard work has paid off because I've either gotten an II or accepted. Like.......don't do me like that, wayne.
 
I was complete 7/26 and still have not received any communication. Is anyone in the same boat? Or have they sent out Pre-II R's?
@GK22 I'm also in the same boat. Complete on 7/24 and haven't heard anything back yet. I'm sure we will hear something soon tho!
 
Does Wayne require a VITA submission? One of the vids on their youtube channel mentions that it's required but I didn't see anything about it after getting an II
 
Anyone with an interview coming up that still doesn't have the web interview tab on their portal? My interview is on 12/4 so I'm getting a little anxious that they haven't sent me any further information other than what's in the interview tab.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone with an interview coming up that still doesn't have the web interview tab on their portal? My interview is on 12/4 so I'm getting a little anxious that they haven't sent me any further information other than what's in the interview tab.

My tab showed up the night before my interview around 7pm. It’ll show up just wait
 
For anyone who has been accepted, did you receive your accessID/WSU email? Or does that come way later?
On the hard copy acceptance, it said we should be emailed with that info, but I haven't gotten it yet.