You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 West Virginia
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When were you complete?Also got waitlisted
Stats below
Ohio resident; borders WV
Mission fit with rural medicine
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
When were you complete?
AMCAS verified = 05/28
Secondary submitted = 07/10
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
elrm257
Full Member
nope ! internationalOOS? ties?
stats?II OOS no ties
Secondary submitted on 7/15
507 and 3.7sGPAstats?
Mountainman121
Full Member
I'm here with ya!Yeah, sounds like I’m the only in-state person in this thread
I'm here with ya!
Good to hear!
Mountainman121
Full Member
Might see ya there next fall! Fingers crossed!Good to hear!
Liverpool17777
Full Member
Are you guys receiving emails for holds/rejections?? I am checking the portal, but cannot find my status update.
Congrats! Did you get to schedule your date? Stats?
Thanks!
3.84 cGPA, 518 MCAT
And yeah, I got to pick from a bunch of different dates
I just received an II! OOS, international and reapplicant. The first date available for me was in October though...I wonder if they are holding September for ED?
Congrats! When did you guys complete your apps?I just received an II! OOS, international and reapplicant. The first date available for me was in October though...I wonder if they are holding September for ED?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
micro_glia
Full Member
My app was complete on 7/20
Mine was done July 18th!Congrats! When did you guys complete your apps?
You’re international too? That’s awesome!!My app was complete on 7/20
SpiritualHistorian
Full Member
waitlist for II just now also. OOS no ties. submitted: 7/21.
Does anyone know if this waitlist actually has movement? Or should I just consider this a soft-R and pack my sunscreen lol
Does anyone know if this waitlist actually has movement? Or should I just consider this a soft-R and pack my sunscreen lol
D
deleted1040408
II! OOS, no ties, complete 7/20.
stats?
LM: 71.4stats?
D
deleted932967
Put on the waitlist for a II, which is surprising because I definitely thought I was going to get straight Rejected.
OOS w/ minor ties. Va resident.
Low stats.
OOS w/ minor ties. Va resident.
Low stats.
Waitlisted for II, OOS and complete 7/16
icedmocha223
Full Member
Did anybody else get waitlisted for an II even when their app wasn't complete (LoR wasn't in, etc)? Are they even allowed to do that....
strugglebus2020
New Member
Yes 🙁Did anybody else get waitlisted for an II even when their app wasn't complete (LoR wasn't in, etc)? Are they even allowed to do that....
Maybe they only read LoR after interviews. I know some schools do that.Did anybody else get waitlisted for an II even when their app wasn't complete (LoR wasn't in, etc)? Are they even allowed to do that....
Rejected on 8/4
MCAT: 517
Undergrad GPA:3.19
SMP GPA: 3.92
OOS or IS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS.OOS or IS?
Hellogoodbye90
Full Member
They seem to focus a lot on undergrad GPARejected on 8/4
MCAT: 517
Undergrad GPA:3.19
SMP GPA: 3.92
That’s crazy, I’m sorry!! That seems unfair because that’s a HIGH SMP gpaOOS or IS?
22julWhen was your complete date?
its all a lottery mate. im convincedThat’s crazy, I’m sorry!! That seems unfair because that’s a HIGH SMP gpa
D
deleted1066818
Has anybody from the wait list received an lI or an R letter yet?
D
deleted1066818
It’s pretty early for them to start taking off/rejecting off the waitlist. They don’t usually do that until much later on.
I figured, I just wanted to make sure. I would assume people won't get taken off this wait list until October at the earliest, more likely Nov/Dec.
I know its soon, but are the prompts the same as the ED prompts?I figured, I just wanted to make sure. I would assume people won't get taken off this wait list until October at the earliest, more likely Nov/Dec.
D
deleted1066818
I did not apply ED so I am not sure. I would assume they are most likely the same, the ED probably has one or two more prompts.I know its soon, but are the prompts the same as the ED prompts?
foldinthecheese
Full Member
Waitlist for Interview just now, no ties, OOS
D
deleted1040408
Was placed on waitlist for interview as high priority. Submitted secondary 7/28 and OOS with strong ties.
where did it say high priority?
ArmyMDhopeful2020
Full Member
II, IS, confirmed complete on 7/29
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II waitlist just now, OOS with no ties, 514 MCAT/3.73 cGPA
veraofficii
Full Member
II, OOS, 3.92 GPA 512 MCAT
You have to email them and ask what which third you are in.where did it say high priority?
I’m a reapplicant from last year who was placed on the waitlist (and also fortunate to be taken off the waitlist for an interview). They have a tier list for their interview waitlist (no tier list for post II waitlist). I just asked what third of the waitlist I was in.I'm just curious, how exactly did you word that email and know to ask?
I’m a reapplicant from last year who was placed on the waitlist (and also fortunate to be taken off the waitlist for an interview). They have a tier list for their interview waitlist (no tier list for post II waitlist). I just asked what third of the waitlist I was in.
Can confirm. I just emailed them and was informed that I am mid-priority for an interview invite.