2020-2021 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those who have interviewed, is it open or closed file?

I interviewed Friday, it was open. They had access to my primary, secondary, and optional updates.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
How to format email asking them about priority? I am scared lol ):

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody! Do you guys know how the school lets us know about acceptance? On my interview day they said we would get a decision by the 15th of October, but I don’t know if I should expect a call, email, or if I have to check the app portal.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everybody! Do you guys know how the school lets us know about acceptance? On my interview day they said we would get a decision by the 15th of October, but I don’t know if I should expect a call, email, or if I have to check the app portal.
I know they called for acceptances last year, but I wonder what it will be like this year since they are all working from home

Are you guys receiving emails saying you are "low-high priority" waitlist? I'm out of state, completed my secondary 9/29 and haven't heard anything

Are you guys receiving emails saying you are "low-high priority" waitlist? I'm out of state, completed my secondary 9/29 and haven't heard anything
You have to email the admissions department for that answer, I did not go through that process myself but if you look earlier in the thread you will see that people had to email them. I wouldn't worry about emailing them because they are super friendly!!

You have to email the admissions department for that answer, I did not go through that process myself but if you look earlier in the thread you will see that people had to email them. I wouldn't worry about emailing them because they are super friendly!!

Oops, just got the rejection email.

pre-II rejection as well! OOS. good luck to everyone else!

II waitlist today. OOS no ties 3.8 509. just emailed to see what tier! secondary complete on September 28th.

Members don't see this ad :)
They told us at my interview session that it would be an email around late morning
Oh gotcha!! I recall them saying that last year too? But then some people got calls. Idk I’m just very anxious and freaking out waiting for this call or email or whatever :shrug:

OOS Accepted! Interviewed 9/4 and it went really well. Got 2 calls around 8:30am EST, but was unfortunately asleep. Received the acceptance email at 9:30am.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Rejected, interviewed 10/02. Disappointed but not broken, I didn't have that much in common with the school in the interview and kind of felt like my lack of research and connections are what led to this decision. Best of luck to the rest of y'all though. :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I just got the R after the interview. Not surprised since I didn't feel like my interview went super well. Also, I'm OOS with no ties. I interviewed 10/08.

Last edited:
  • Care
Rejected, interviewed 10/02. Disappointed but not broken, I didn't have that much in common with the school in the interview and kind of felt like my lack of research and connections are what led to this decision. Best of luck to the rest of y'all though. :)
Sorry to hear that.

Was this through an email?

Waitlisted just now. Not too surprised since I am OOS, but I felt like the interview went really well

Waitlisted...... Sucks but I'm not out of the game at least

Does anyone know if there are different priorities to the waitlist like there is for the II waitlist?

And....waitlisted. WVU was my best interview hands down and I truly put my best foot forward. It’s not the end of the world but it stings.

Waitlisted. Interviewed 10/8. Expected the R, so I guess I'm pleasantly surprised.

Just adding to the party. WL OOS via the email sent on 10/15. Seems like they WL a whole lot of OOS :(

Has anyone on the waitlists gotten II yet? I'd imagine they'd wait a little longer to start going on the waitlist, but I'm curious.

Has anyone on the waitlists gotten II yet? I'd imagine they'd wait a little longer to start going on the waitlist, but I'm curious.

i’m on the high priority list and haven’t heard anything yet

Reactions: 2 users
i’m on the high priority list and haven’t heard anything yet

Okay, thanks! I am too and obviously haven't heard anything either. I'm also curious if there is a ranking within the different priorities. Like a high-priority list of the high-priority list, so to speak (can you tell this has been on my mind a lot?)

Okay, thanks! I am too and obviously haven't heard anything either. I'm also curious if there is a ranking within the different priorities. Like a high-priority list of the high-priority list, so to speak (can you tell this has been on my mind a lot?)

That sounds neurotic lmao

• Hmm
Waitlisted for II, international and complete Oct 5th.

First response from this cycle. Not sure how to feel :( at least it is not a rejection.

Waitlisted for II, international and complete Oct 5th.

First response from this cycle. Not sure how to feel :( at least it is not a rejection.
same! i just got waitlisted too and international - how do you find out if you're high priority or low priorty

same! i just got waitlisted too and international - how do you find out if you're high priority or low priorty
I literally just replied to the email and asked if they could let me know about my position on the interview waitlist.