2020-2021 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Phone II, OOS, no ties, 3.98/516

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats everyone! Experience review complete on 8/12. I'm hoping this doesn't mean I got thrown out of the pile, lol. I'm really starting to get worried that there is a red flag on my application that I didn't know about.
I have an IA that I specifically had to email them about and got the phone interview today, It’s not even September so don’t fret yet

So last year the phone interview was basically CASPer style questions. Like tell me about a conflict, tell me about a time when you sought advice from someone

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Phone interview invite, IS, experiences review complete 8/7

Reactions: 1 user
Experiences review started 8/12. It's been more than 2 weeks and it's not completed. should i be worried?

To future phone interviewees, this is very much like a verbal CASPer (less the elaborate scenarios, more the behavioral "tell me when" type questions). As others have noted, there are a small amount of curveballs, so don't be afraid to ask for a moment to think. My interviewer did a great job explaining that they will be silently taking notes, and apologized for any awkwardness.

In other news, I am not optimistic about getting a live II, lol. Should've had coffee beforehand.

To future phone interviewees, this is very much like a verbal CASPer (less the elaborate scenarios, more the behavioral "tell me when" type questions). As others have noted, there are a small amount of curveballs, so don't be afraid to ask for a moment to think. My interviewer did a great job explaining that they will be silently taking notes, and apologized for any awkwardness.

In other news, I am not optimistic about getting a live II, lol. Should've had coffee beforehand.

What do you mean by tell me when questions? Thanks for the tips!!! I’m sure you did great!

Definitely agree with this having also taken it today haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Experience Review complete under consideration for a phone interview (does everyone who finishes experience review get told they’re under consideration for a phone interview?) started 8/18 ended 8/30

What do you mean by tell me when questions? Thanks for the tips!!! I’m sure you did great!
Typical questions that have you describe how you coped with a situation or showed a trait!

Experiences review complete today. No email about consideration for phone interview, bad news? lol

Experiences review complete today. No email about consideration for phone interview, bad news? lol
Did you get an actual email about the experience review being complete or did you just check the portal? My experience review was updated to complete for a few hours before I got the actual email stating it and said I was under consideration for a phone interview.

Did you get an actual email about the experience review being complete or did you just check the portal? My experience review was updated to complete for a few hours before I got the actual email stating it and said I was under consideration for a phone interview.

LOL I'm just neurotic. I got the email that I'm under consideration for a phone interview immediately after posting :rofl:

Thoughts about a post- interview thank you note? I know they're typically sent to the interviewers as a thank you for their time and this was through an independent contractor, but is a note to admissions warranted here? I might just be neurotic here, but I like WMed and want to show continued interest.
I wouldn’t. I think it would come off as neurotic. Save it for the actual interview.

Good game WMed, don’t know how to feel about that phone interview

Anyone under consideration for phone interview since early/mid August and still waiting?

yup :/ accepting that it might be a silent R
I got a phone interview in November last year. They do It for months and months from now. It’s only the beginning of September, nothing is a ”silent R” at this point

Yeah I've been under experience review since 8/12 and still haven't been completed or considered for a phone interview. I was told it usually lasts 2 weeks so I am also expecting a silent R :/

Yeah I've been under experience review since 8/12 and still haven't been completed or considered for a phone interview. I was told it usually lasts 2 weeks so I am also expecting a silent R :/
Same been under experience review since 8/14

Do you need to do anything else once you do the phone interview? Or does the admissions office get notified that you did it and it goes from there?

Same been under experience review since 8/14

"We strive to complete these thorough reviews within two weeks, but this time can extend during peak times in the cycle. You will receive an email when your experiences review is completed."

It's super early in the cycle. I would not consider anything a silent rejection at this point. Keep your hopes up!

experience review started 8/11, complete 9/2 via portal, and email about being under consideration for phone interview this morning 9/3.

experience review started on 8/6 and nothing else since... wonder why it is taking so long to complete.

Do you need to do anything else once you do the phone interview? Or does the admissions office get notified that you did it and it goes from there?
Nope! Admissions office will get your phone interview notes/results and go from there! Good luck!

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to hear back after the phone interview about a real interview?

(Phone interview felt awkward asf for me, I'm feeling nervous about the next step)

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to hear back after the phone interview about a real interview?

(Phone interview felt awkward asf for me, I'm feeling nervous about the next step)
Also nervous here! Based on when the first live II's came out last cycle, the soonest we'd hear is Weds 9/9, but that may or may not be impacted by Labor Day. Looks like they send live II's on Wednesdays, though.

Lmao just did the phone interview. Was ehh, could've been better but YOLO.

Advice: Honestly just stay calm, it's VERY chill. When needed, just ask for a moment to think.

Also nervous here! Based on when the first live II's came out last cycle, the soonest we'd hear is Weds 9/9, but that may or may not be impacted by Labor Day. Looks like they send live II's on Wednesdays, though.
Yeah it should be decently quick. Last year it took a month for me but I didn’t do a phone II until December so I’m sure they were backed up with reviewing at that point. My guessing it’ll be a just couple weeks. Maybe the 9th or 16th

Has anyone been on experience review for the past ~3 weeks?

I didn't feel too good about the questionaire timing so I do hope they look at the entire application.

I didn't feel too good about the questionaire timing so I do hope they look at the entire application.

since 8/11

Since 8/6

Should I call them and ask? I've been under experience review since literally 8/12 it's been a month almost lol

Should I call them and ask? I've been under experience review since literally 8/12 it's been a month almost lol
I personally wouldn't. It can be hard to compare your timeline to others who went under experience review earlier, since it's possible review will get slower as the cycle goes on and admissions is increasingly backed up.

I personally wouldn't. It can be hard to compare your timeline to others who went under experience review earlier, since it's possible review will get slower as the cycle goes on and admissions is increasingly backed up.
Right on the money. I think those of us complete late July / August should sit tight because there has been a surge of early applications this year causing subsequent applications to be viewed later. Unless you're a URM/Vet, you really can't expect too much early on.

Complete 8/12, experience review started 8/24, really hoping I get that experience completed email soon :|

Was Complete 7/29. Experience Review started on 8/12 and FINALLY just got placed under consideration for Phone Interview (9/8) 1:40 PM. Took WAY longer than 2 weeks (almost a month) for my experience review to be completed. For those who phone interviewed, how long did you have to wait after experience review was completed? My email just said it'll be on a rolling basis and I'm assuming even though I was completed early, I'm on the list for phone interview PRETTY LATE. thoughts?

Was Complete 7/29. Experience Review started on 8/12 and FINALLY just got placed under consideration for Phone Interview (9/8) 1:40 PM. Took WAY longer than 2 weeks (almost a month) for my experience review to be completed. For those who phone interviewed, how long did you have to wait after experience review was completed? My email just said it'll be on a rolling basis and I'm assuming even though I was completed early, I'm on the list for phone interview PRETTY LATE. thoughts?

IIRC there has only been one burst of phone interviews so far

Anecdotally:
Complete 7/21
Experience Review 8/6-8/12
Phone II Offered 8/26

Does everyone advance to the Under Consideration for Phone Interview? Or are people stopped after experience review? Is each stage selective or general for everyone?