-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Western Michigan
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have an IA that I specifically had to email them about and got the phone interview today, It’s not even September so don’t fret yetCongrats everyone! Experience review complete on 8/12. I'm hoping this doesn't mean I got thrown out of the pile, lol. I'm really starting to get worried that there is a red flag on my application that I didn't know about.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I didn’t get a phone interview should I expect an R?
Yup we're screwed.
But you gotta still believe
It's not even September! I wouldn't get nervous yet at all. I doubt they send them all out at onceIf I didn’t get a phone interview should I expect an R?
Experiences review started 8/12. It's been more than 2 weeks and it's not completed. should i be worried?
I don't know what the length of review means but mine went from 8/6 to 8/24Experiences review started 8/12. It's been more than 2 weeks and it's not completed. should i be worried?
mine started 8/12 as well, still waitingExperiences review started 8/12. It's been more than 2 weeks and it's not completed. should i be worried?
To future phone interviewees, this is very much like a verbal CASPer (less the elaborate scenarios, more the behavioral "tell me when" type questions). As others have noted, there are a small amount of curveballs, so don't be afraid to ask for a moment to think. My interviewer did a great job explaining that they will be silently taking notes, and apologized for any awkwardness.
In other news, I am not optimistic about getting a live II, lol. Should've had coffee beforehand.
In other news, I am not optimistic about getting a live II, lol. Should've had coffee beforehand.
future_dr_j
Full Member
To future phone interviewees, this is very much like a verbal CASPer (less the elaborate scenarios, more the behavioral "tell me when" type questions). As others have noted, there are a small amount of curveballs, so don't be afraid to ask for a moment to think. My interviewer did a great job explaining that they will be silently taking notes, and apologized for any awkwardness.
In other news, I am not optimistic about getting a live II, lol. Should've had coffee beforehand.
What do you mean by tell me when questions? Thanks for the tips!!! I’m sure you did great!
Definitely agree with this having also taken it today hahaTo future phone interviewees, this is very much like a verbal CASPer (less the elaborate scenarios, more the behavioral "tell me when" type questions). As others have noted, there are a small amount of curveballs, so don't be afraid to ask for a moment to think. My interviewer did a great job explaining that they will be silently taking notes, and apologized for any awkwardness.
In other news, I am not optimistic about getting a live II, lol. Should've had coffee beforehand.
Typical questions that have you describe how you coped with a situation or showed a trait!What do you mean by tell me when questions? Thanks for the tips!!! I’m sure you did great!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1048149
Experiences review complete today. No email about consideration for phone interview, bad news? lol
Did you get an actual email about the experience review being complete or did you just check the portal? My experience review was updated to complete for a few hours before I got the actual email stating it and said I was under consideration for a phone interview.Experiences review complete today. No email about consideration for phone interview, bad news? lol
D
deleted1048149
Did you get an actual email about the experience review being complete or did you just check the portal? My experience review was updated to complete for a few hours before I got the actual email stating it and said I was under consideration for a phone interview.
LOL I'm just neurotic. I got the email that I'm under consideration for a phone interview immediately after posting 🤣
I wouldn’t. I think it would come off as neurotic. Save it for the actual interview.Thoughts about a post- interview thank you note? I know they're typically sent to the interviewers as a thank you for their time and this was through an independent contractor, but is a note to admissions warranted here? I might just be neurotic here, but I like WMed and want to show continued interest.
Good game WMed, don’t know how to feel about that phone interview
Anyone under consideration for phone interview since early/mid August and still waiting?
Yeah I actually do appreciate their questions!!Same, not sure how I feel either. Honestly the questions were great, I just had to think about them.
yup :/ accepting that it might be a silent RAnyone under consideration for phone interview since early/mid August and still waiting?
I got a phone interview in November last year. They do It for months and months from now. It’s only the beginning of September, nothing is a ”silent R” at this pointyup :/ accepting that it might be a silent R
Yeah I've been under experience review since 8/12 and still haven't been completed or considered for a phone interview. I was told it usually lasts 2 weeks so I am also expecting a silent R :/
Same been under experience review since 8/14Yeah I've been under experience review since 8/12 and still haven't been completed or considered for a phone interview. I was told it usually lasts 2 weeks so I am also expecting a silent R :/
Do you need to do anything else once you do the phone interview? Or does the admissions office get notified that you did it and it goes from there?
Same been under experience review since 8/14
"We strive to complete these thorough reviews within two weeks, but this time can extend during peak times in the cycle. You will receive an email when your experiences review is completed."
It's super early in the cycle. I would not consider anything a silent rejection at this point. Keep your hopes up!
experience review started on 8/6 and nothing else since... wonder why it is taking so long to complete.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They must go out of order..
Nope! Admissions office will get your phone interview notes/results and go from there! Good luck!Do you need to do anything else once you do the phone interview? Or does the admissions office get notified that you did it and it goes from there?
Hopeful_MD_Cat_Mom
Full Member
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to hear back after the phone interview about a real interview?
(Phone interview felt awkward asf for me, I'm feeling nervous about the next step)
(Phone interview felt awkward asf for me, I'm feeling nervous about the next step)
Also nervous here! Based on when the first live II's came out last cycle, the soonest we'd hear is Weds 9/9, but that may or may not be impacted by Labor Day. Looks like they send live II's on Wednesdays, though.Does anyone know how long it normally takes to hear back after the phone interview about a real interview?
(Phone interview felt awkward asf for me, I'm feeling nervous about the next step)
Has anyone gotten R after experiences review?
Lmao just did the phone interview. Was ehh, could've been better but YOLO.
Advice: Honestly just stay calm, it's VERY chill. When needed, just ask for a moment to think.
Advice: Honestly just stay calm, it's VERY chill. When needed, just ask for a moment to think.
Yeah it should be decently quick. Last year it took a month for me but I didn’t do a phone II until December so I’m sure they were backed up with reviewing at that point. My guessing it’ll be a just couple weeks. Maybe the 9th or 16thAlso nervous here! Based on when the first live II's came out last cycle, the soonest we'd hear is Weds 9/9, but that may or may not be impacted by Labor Day. Looks like they send live II's on Wednesdays, though.
D
deleted1064759
Has anyone been on experience review for the past ~3 weeks?
I didn't feel too good about the questionaire timing so I do hope they look at the entire application.
I didn't feel too good about the questionaire timing so I do hope they look at the entire application.
Has anyone been on experience review for the past ~3 weeks?
I didn't feel too good about the questionaire timing so I do hope they look at the entire application.
since 8/11
Since 8/6Has anyone been on experience review for the past ~3 weeks?
I didn't feel too good about the questionaire timing so I do hope they look at the entire application.
Is WMed requiring Casper this cycle?
Should I call them and ask? I've been under experience review since literally 8/12 it's been a month almost lol
I personally wouldn't. It can be hard to compare your timeline to others who went under experience review earlier, since it's possible review will get slower as the cycle goes on and admissions is increasingly backed up.Should I call them and ask? I've been under experience review since literally 8/12 it's been a month almost lol
D
deleted1064759
Right on the money. I think those of us complete late July / August should sit tight because there has been a surge of early applications this year causing subsequent applications to be viewed later. Unless you're a URM/Vet, you really can't expect too much early on.I personally wouldn't. It can be hard to compare your timeline to others who went under experience review earlier, since it's possible review will get slower as the cycle goes on and admissions is increasingly backed up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was Complete 7/29. Experience Review started on 8/12 and FINALLY just got placed under consideration for Phone Interview (9/8) 1:40 PM. Took WAY longer than 2 weeks (almost a month) for my experience review to be completed. For those who phone interviewed, how long did you have to wait after experience review was completed? My email just said it'll be on a rolling basis and I'm assuming even though I was completed early, I'm on the list for phone interview PRETTY LATE. thoughts?
Was Complete 7/29. Experience Review started on 8/12 and FINALLY just got placed under consideration for Phone Interview (9/8) 1:40 PM. Took WAY longer than 2 weeks (almost a month) for my experience review to be completed. For those who phone interviewed, how long did you have to wait after experience review was completed? My email just said it'll be on a rolling basis and I'm assuming even though I was completed early, I'm on the list for phone interview PRETTY LATE. thoughts?
IIRC there has only been one burst of phone interviews so far
Anecdotally:Was Complete 7/29. Experience Review started on 8/12 and FINALLY just got placed under consideration for Phone Interview (9/8) 1:40 PM. Took WAY longer than 2 weeks (almost a month) for my experience review to be completed. For those who phone interviewed, how long did you have to wait after experience review was completed? My email just said it'll be on a rolling basis and I'm assuming even though I was completed early, I'm on the list for phone interview PRETTY LATE. thoughts?
Complete 7/21
Experience Review 8/6-8/12
Phone II Offered 8/26
Does everyone advance to the Under Consideration for Phone Interview? Or are people stopped after experience review? Is each stage selective or general for everyone?