You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Western Michigan
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yep. OOS received experiences review yesterday 8/12. Says can be up to 2 weeks so I wouldn't sweat it if you haven't heard yet. They have a lot of applicants.
But yeah, does everyone get an experiences review? It says "select" candidates. Any current students know anything ab this?
But yeah, does everyone get an experiences review? It says "select" candidates. Any current students know anything ab this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep. OOS received experiences review yesterday 8/12. Says can be up to 2 weeks so I wouldn't sweat it if you haven't heard yet. They have a lot of applicants.
But yeah, does everyone get an experiences review? It says "select" candidates. Any current students know anything ab this?
Experience review started today 8/14. I was complete 8/4. Seems like everyone goes through this stage.
Last edited:
D
deleted1064759
WMed uses phone II, personality test, and CASPer. Who the hell knows. It's probably out of your control anyways.I want to add this school when I get my MCAT score back this week, but the pre-secondary rejections are scaring me. Does anyone have any idea what they're screening for?
WMed uses phone II, personality test, and CASPer. Who the hell knows. It's probably out of your control anyways.
from what I know, phone II and personality test are after secondary right??
but you’re right, who the hell knows. It could literally be anything on primary/CASPer. I’ll just shoot my shot anyway. Thanks!
My first guess is CASPer. Less likely conspiracy theory is that they're lying about their GPA cutoff. One of the previous posters who got a pre-secondary rejection has a WAMC thread, and they have a 3.2 sGPA with an otherwise seemingly strong application.from what I know, phone II and personality test are after secondary right??
but you’re right, who the hell knows. It could literally be anything on primary/CASPer. I’ll just shoot my shot anyway. Thanks!
SamesiesI've still been in experiences review since 8/6
futuredoc4634
Full Member
Under consideration for phone review today, experiences review started 8/11, OOS and very weak ties to the school/area.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same ripI've still been in experiences review since 8/6
livelypenguin
Full Member
experience review started 8/7, under consideration for phone interview today (8/19)
Has anyone still not received a secondary? Was verified in the last week of July
PatricktheSponge
Full Member
experience review started 8/7, under consideration for phone interview today 8/20
+1experience review started 8/7, under consideration for phone interview today 8/20
future_dr_j
Full Member
I submitted 8/5 but haven’t been processed for experiences review yet. Does this mean silent R?
A post-secondary-but-pre-phone-interview step in WMEd's evaluation process. Their admissions website claims that its a selective step, however it seems that everybody who completes a secondary enters it. However there is a big variation in the amount of time that this process takes to complete between applicants, and as neurotic premeds it's crucial that we stress over minute differences in the length of the experience review.can someone tell me what experiences review is?
Last edited:
A post-secondary-but-pre-phone-interview step in WMEd's evaluation process. Their admissions website claims that its a selective step, however it seems that everybody who completes a secondary enters it. However there is a big variation in the amount of time that this process takes to complete between applicants, and as neurotic premeds it's crucial that we stress over minute differences in the length of the experience review.
So they ask us questions about us? and what do you mean that there's differences in the length of the experience review?
It's just them notifying us that they're reading our applications in detail. At some point after submitting your secondary you get an e-mail saying Experiences Review has started and then a few days to a few weeks later you get another e-mail saying experiences review is finished and that you're under consideration for a phone interview.So they ask us questions about us? and what do you mean that there's differences in the length of the experience review?
OH okay tysm for clarifying!!!It's just them notifying us that they're reading our applications in detail. At some point after submitting your secondary you get an e-mail saying Experiences Review has started and then a few days to a few weeks later you get another e-mail saying experiences review is finished and that you're under consideration for a phone interview.
Last year I was lazy and didn’t do the assessment until November (secondary complete in September) and I ended up with an interview. I wouldn’t worry about it!I just got an email from them asking me to complete my WMed Online Assessment. I just completed it. My secondary was complete on 8/1. This is a huge gap between my secondary and this online assessment. Does this look bad on my file?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t see how not having volunteer experiences with the LGBTQ+ community would somehow negate the diversity that being LGBTQ+ brings. My diversity essay is on that and I don’t have volunteer experience within the community. Idk who told you this.How did you all approach the diversity question? I’m a bit stuck on what do do.
My general diversity essay is about my perspective from my work experience, so that wouldn’t cover the second part of their question re cultural, socioeconomic diversity. Did you just use your regular diversity essay or write something completely new for this one? I was thinking about doing half about my work and half about being lgbt (tho I don’t have any volunteering with the community so I was told that would be a problem), but these essays are usually on just one topic.
I would appreciate any help!
galaxyuser
Full Member
experience review from 8/11- 8/23. Phone interview consideration 8/24!
D
deleted1048149
OOS with no real ties to the area, Complete 8/18, Started Experiences Review today (8/25)
Last edited by a moderator:
future_dr_j
Full Member
Supplemental app complete 8/5. Experience review started today 🙂
+1!+1 !!! So exciting.
MollyWeasley
Full Member
Phone II couple minutes ago too! OOS
+1, OOS with tiesPhone II couple minutes ago too! OOS
Does anybody know what they ask on the phone interview? Medically related questions? Random questions? Etc?
Or does anyone have any helpful links that can give more info? Thank you!
Or does anyone have any helpful links that can give more info? Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been under review since 9 AM on 8/12 and have yet to receive an Experiences Complete or Consideration for Phone Interview :/ How long does the consideration for a phone interview take? I submitted my secondary 7/28 too. Today will have been 2 weeks upon my experiences review to be completed and I haven't heared back.
PatricktheSponge
Full Member
People with phone IIs, when were your experience review step completed?
Awesome, thanks for doing the digging! I knew that about half of phone interviewees get live interviews, but wasn't sure how much of a bottleneck the initial phone interview was. Best of luck 🙂From a graphic shared on last year's SDN thread for this school, I recall that about 800 phone IIs go out. On MSAR, they report about 4000 applications. So about 20%. Then about 400 people get interviews.
I am pretty sure in last year's thread they said it was basically a phone CASPer.
Began 8/6, completed on 8/13People with phone IIs, when were your experience review step completed?