2020-2021 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Phone interview just received

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Phone interview received today as well. Experience review was completed August 20th

Reactions: 2 users
experience review started 8/6 and just finished today! In consideration for a phone interview now.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Experience review started 8/24 and finished today. In consideration for phone interview.

Am I the only one having issues with the secondary portal? I haven't submitted it yet and all I can do is change my password, submit an update, or view my status. Where the hell is the actual secondary?

How long did it take upon submission to move onto the experiences review? I'm sitting at 2 weeks.

518/3.84 ORM OOS submitted secondary 8/12 started experiences review 8/25 under consideration for phone interview 9/14

Good luck! What day was your secondary marked complete?
Sept 2 was when I got the "complete" email! I finished my online assessment a few days prior. It seems there's about a 2 week gap between complete > experience review and another 2 weeks to complete that. However, it's still early!

Sept 2 was when I got the "complete" email! I finished my online assessment a few days prior. It seems there's about a 2 week gap between complete > experience review and another 2 weeks to complete that. However, it's still early!
Great! Thank you. My secondary was marked complete on 8/31 and I am still not at experience review, so I am getting a little bit nervous. I am in-state, significant ties to Kalamazoo, Lizzy-M 69 and WARS 77.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was placed under consideration for a telephone interview 8/24. Does anyone know how long this stage might last? Will they send an R or II?

I was placed under consideration for a telephone interview 8/24. Does anyone know how long this stage might last? Will they send an R or II?
I’ve been under consideration since 8/21

Just got a phone interview invitation, complete 8/3, experience review started 8/5 and complete 8/6

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Looks like there is still hope if it has been a while since your experience review was complete!

Reactions: 3 users
I did not get an email but I saw people posting about phone interviews and my status updated today! Has anyone else experienced this?

I did not get an email but I saw people posting about phone interviews and my status updated today! Has anyone else experienced this?
Not for me, but you’ve just made several hundred SDNers log into their portal to check!

got the phone interview today! experiences review started 8/14 and completed 8/25

Reactions: 1 users
Not for me, but you’ve just made several hundred SDNers log into their portal to check!
Should I reach out to admissions about this or check my portal again tonight to make sure this wasn't a mistake before sending an email?!

Edit: Nevermind! just got the email, experience review complete a few days ago

Phone II just now!! Experiences review complete 8/24 :)

Reactions: 3 users
Phone II :) Secondary complete 8/12, Experience review 8/24 - 9/9. Guess they sent out a huge batch of phone IIs today lol

Also did a little quick mafs and it seems like there is a 50% chance of getting an actual II post phone-II for OOS.

Every time I get a notification from this thread I think WMU must've released the first round of actual interview invites and I have a miny heart attack lmaoooo

Reactions: 5 users
Every time I get a notification from this thread I think WMU must've released the first round of actual interview invites and I have a miny heart attack lmaoooo
guessing it's not going to happen today

SAME. I’m going crazy.

Guess I got left out this round :banana:

Same here! Don't let it get you down! That has started working for me. Nothing hurts my feelings anymore. In fact, I don't feel anything at all anymore. I might just be dead inside.

Who knows, that might work out for you too!

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Same here! Don't let it get you down! That has started working for me. Nothing hurts my feelings anymore. In fact, I don't feel anything at all anymore. I might just be dead inside.

Who knows, that might work out for you too!

I definitely think I'm getting there :rofl:

Phone interview was fun wasn't really like casper for me

Phone interview was fun wasn't really like casper for me
I thought they’re questions we’re thought provoking and had obvious connections to medical school and becoming a physician.

Also did a little quick mafs and it seems like there is a 50% chance of getting an actual II post phone-II for OOS.
Did you find how many phone II they send to OOS on their website?

Did you find how many phone II they send to OOS on their website?
No not their webiste, but a little data analysis from MSAR, so here's my work. They state on MSAR that they send 800 phone II overall and 420 actual II overall. They invite approximately 66% of the 420 from OOS for their actual II. Overall their matriculations are 66% OOS as well. As such I am guessing that approx 66% of phone II are also OOS. Taking that number and dividing it by the OOS actual II gives you around 50% chance of moving from phone II to actual II.

Live II! IS (but no ties to Kzoo), LM 70, ORM. There were two available II dates in early October when I scheduled.

Complete 7/21
Experience Review 8/6-8/12
Phone II Offered 8/26
Phone II Completed 8/31

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Live II! IS (but no ties to Kzoo), LM 70, ORM. There were two available II dates in early October when I scheduled.

Complete 7/21
Phone II Offered 8/26
Phone II Completed 8/31

Congrats! Do you have any advice for the phone interview?

To future phone interviewees, this is very much like a verbal CASPer (less the elaborate scenarios, more the behavioral "tell me when" type questions). As others have noted, there are a small amount of curveballs, so don't be afraid to ask for a moment to think. My interviewer did a great job explaining that they will be silently taking notes, and apologized for any awkwardness.

In other news, I am not optimistic about getting a live II, lol. Should've had coffee beforehand.

Looks like it worked out for you eh ;)

• Haha
Congrats! Do you have any advice for the phone interview?
Yes! So I agree with everyone about it being a verbal CASPer or verbal MMI. It's conducted by a third party, so there are no medical questions, "Why medicine," or "Why WMed" or anything like that. It's mostly hypothetical and behavioral questions you'd expect for a job interview. I actually highly recommend looking up practice questions (for CASPer and MMI) and rehearsing a few aloud and recording yourself with your phone. It's so easy to ramble on the phone without visual cues, so it's a good way to practice when to stop talking and be concise. Good luck!

Yes! So I agree with everyone about it being a verbal CASPer or verbal MMI. It's conducted by a third party, so there are no medical questions, "Why medicine," or "Why WMed" or anything like that. It's mostly hypothetical and behavioral questions you'd expect for a job interview. I actually highly recommend looking up practice questions (for CASPer and MMI) and rehearsing a few aloud and recording yourself with your phone. It's so easy to ramble on the phone without visual cues, so it's a good way to practice when to stop talking and be concise. Good luck!

Thank you so much for sharing!! Good luck with your interview :)

Complete 7/21
Phone II Offered 8/26
Phone II Completed 8/31
I’m convincing myself they’re going in alphabetical order sending them out this morning :eek:

II a few minutes ago but the two days don’t work so hopefully they’ll be adding more soon

• Love
II also! Completed phone interview on 9/3.

Last edited:
  • Love
IS, WMU alum. Phone II complete this past Monday (9/14). Crossing my fingers for that virtual II, though I'm guessing it will be a few weeks!!! Congrats on all who have already gotten one!

• Love
II a few minutes ago but the two days don’t work so hopefully they’ll be adding more soon
I saw 3 days in October. All on Fridays. Did you email admissions to add more dates?

I saw 3 days in October. All on Fridays. Did you email admissions to add more dates?
I did! The only two on my portal were 10/2 and 10/9 so hopefully, they'll get back soon. I know its a hectic time though so I understand the delay