-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Western Michigan
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Phone interview received today as well. Experience review was completed August 20th
experience review started 8/6 and just finished today! In consideration for a phone interview now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm hoping they come tomorrow since Monday was a holiday lolLooks like we are waiting until the next Western Wednesday for those live IIs!
Am I the only one having issues with the secondary portal? I haven't submitted it yet and all I can do is change my password, submit an update, or view my status. Where the hell is the actual secondary?
NoIs casper required?
They must've heard me. Experiences review started this morning!How long did it take upon submission to move onto the experiences review? I'm sitting at 2 weeks.
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Good luck! What day was your secondary marked complete?They must've heard me. Experiences review started this morning!
Sept 2 was when I got the "complete" email! I finished my online assessment a few days prior. It seems there's about a 2 week gap between complete > experience review and another 2 weeks to complete that. However, it's still early!Good luck! What day was your secondary marked complete?
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Great! Thank you. My secondary was marked complete on 8/31 and I am still not at experience review, so I am getting a little bit nervous. I am in-state, significant ties to Kalamazoo, Lizzy-M 69 and WARS 77.Sept 2 was when I got the "complete" email! I finished my online assessment a few days prior. It seems there's about a 2 week gap between complete > experience review and another 2 weeks to complete that. However, it's still early!
ahopefulmed
Full Member
I was placed under consideration for a telephone interview 8/24. Does anyone know how long this stage might last? Will they send an R or II?
I’ve been under consideration since 8/21I was placed under consideration for a telephone interview 8/24. Does anyone know how long this stage might last? Will they send an R or II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ahopefulmed
Full Member
Thank you!! That's good to know.I’ve been under consideration since 8/21
Just got a phone interview invitation, complete 8/3, experience review started 8/5 and complete 8/6
Last edited:
PatricktheSponge
Full Member
phone II, experiences review started 8/7 complete 8/20!
Not for me, but you’ve just made several hundred SDNers log into their portal to check!I did not get an email but I saw people posting about phone interviews and my status updated today! Has anyone else experienced this?
got the phone interview today! experiences review started 8/14 and completed 8/25
Should I reach out to admissions about this or check my portal again tonight to make sure this wasn't a mistake before sending an email?!Not for me, but you’ve just made several hundred SDNers log into their portal to check!
Edit: Nevermind! just got the email, experience review complete a few days ago
orthopod19
New Member
Phone II just now!! Experiences review complete 8/24 🙂
Hopeful_MD_Cat_Mom
Full Member
Every time I get a notification from this thread I think WMU must've released the first round of actual interview invites and I have a miny heart attack lmaoooo
guessing it's not going to happen todayEvery time I get a notification from this thread I think WMU must've released the first round of actual interview invites and I have a miny heart attack lmaoooo
SAME. I’m going crazy.Every time I get a notification from this thread I think WMU must've released the first round of actual interview invites and I have a miny heart attack lmaoooo
D
deleted1048149
Guess I got left out this round 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guess I got left out this round![]()
Same here! Don't let it get you down! That has started working for me. Nothing hurts my feelings anymore. In fact, I don't feel anything at all anymore. I might just be dead inside.
Who knows, that might work out for you too!
D
deleted1048149
Same here! Don't let it get you down! That has started working for me. Nothing hurts my feelings anymore. In fact, I don't feel anything at all anymore. I might just be dead inside.
Who knows, that might work out for you too!
I definitely think I'm getting there 🤣
I thought they’re questions we’re thought provoking and had obvious connections to medical school and becoming a physician.Phone interview was fun wasn't really like casper for me
Phone interview was fun wasn't really like casper for me
I thought they’re questions we’re thought provoking and had obvious connections to medical school and becoming a physician.
I mean I guess I could see that being mutually exclusive for some lol
Did you find how many phone II they send to OOS on their website?Also did a little quick mafs and it seems like there is a 50% chance of getting an actual II post phone-II for OOS.
No not their webiste, but a little data analysis from MSAR, so here's my work. They state on MSAR that they send 800 phone II overall and 420 actual II overall. They invite approximately 66% of the 420 from OOS for their actual II. Overall their matriculations are 66% OOS as well. As such I am guessing that approx 66% of phone II are also OOS. Taking that number and dividing it by the OOS actual II gives you around 50% chance of moving from phone II to actual II.Did you find how many phone II they send to OOS on their website?
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Live II! IS (but no ties to Kzoo), LM 70, ORM. There were two available II dates in early October when I scheduled.
Complete 7/21
Experience Review 8/6-8/12
Phone II Offered 8/26
Phone II Completed 8/31
Congrats! Do you have any advice for the phone interview?
D
deleted1054719
To future phone interviewees, this is very much like a verbal CASPer (less the elaborate scenarios, more the behavioral "tell me when" type questions). As others have noted, there are a small amount of curveballs, so don't be afraid to ask for a moment to think. My interviewer did a great job explaining that they will be silently taking notes, and apologized for any awkwardness.
In other news, I am not optimistic about getting a live II, lol. Should've had coffee beforehand.
Looks like it worked out for you eh 😉
Yes! So I agree with everyone about it being a verbal CASPer or verbal MMI. It's conducted by a third party, so there are no medical questions, "Why medicine," or "Why WMed" or anything like that. It's mostly hypothetical and behavioral questions you'd expect for a job interview. I actually highly recommend looking up practice questions (for CASPer and MMI) and rehearsing a few aloud and recording yourself with your phone. It's so easy to ramble on the phone without visual cues, so it's a good way to practice when to stop talking and be concise. Good luck!Congrats! Do you have any advice for the phone interview?
I still recommend coffee, haha! This certainly makes me feel better about my general interview performance.Looks like it worked out for you eh 😉
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Yes! So I agree with everyone about it being a verbal CASPer or verbal MMI. It's conducted by a third party, so there are no medical questions, "Why medicine," or "Why WMed" or anything like that. It's mostly hypothetical and behavioral questions you'd expect for a job interview. I actually highly recommend looking up practice questions (for CASPer and MMI) and rehearsing a few aloud and recording yourself with your phone. It's so easy to ramble on the phone without visual cues, so it's a good way to practice when to stop talking and be concise. Good luck!
Thank you so much for sharing!! Good luck with your interview 🙂
I’m convincing myself they’re going in alphabetical order sending them out this morning 😱Live II! IS (but no ties to Kzoo), LM 70, ORM. There were two available II dates in early October when I scheduled.
Complete 7/21
Experience Review 8/6-8/12
Phone II Offered 8/26
Phone II Completed 8/31
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II also! Completed phone interview on 9/3.
Last edited:
I saw 3 days in October. All on Fridays. Did you email admissions to add more dates?II a few minutes ago but the two days don’t work so hopefully they’ll be adding more soon
I did! The only two on my portal were 10/2 and 10/9 so hopefully, they'll get back soon. I know its a hectic time though so I understand the delayI saw 3 days in October. All on Fridays. Did you email admissions to add more dates?