-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Western Michigan
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what's the earliest dates yall got
edit: and is the time zone est?
thanks
Yest all times EST, and the earliest I could find was 10/6.
Edit: I see you are probably talking about in person interviews lol my bad.
Hopeful_MD_Cat_Mom
Full Member
what's the earliest dates yall got
edit: and is the time zone est?
thanks
There was only two dates when I got on 10/9 and 10/16
Congrats! When was your secondary marked complete?
Thank you! 🙂 my secondary was marked complete on 8/03
Your stats are pretty good so I'd imagine the chances are good. It all depends on your essays and experiences. Good luck!Normally I am not this neurotic, but I've been waiting a while for Western Michigan so here it goes:
I am an OOS applicant, 3.8 GPA with a 511 MCAT (which I know is below their median), and my experiences review was finished 8/12. Anyone have any thoughts of whether I'll get even a phone interview?
pescatarian19
Full Member
Thanks! Hopefully I do hear something soon. Appreciate the support!Your stats are pretty good so I'd imagine the chances are good. It all depends on your essays and experiences. Good luck!
premed375813
Full Member
Honestly this whole process makes everyone more neurotic than normal.Normally I am not this neurotic, but I've been waiting a while for Western Michigan so here it goes:
I am an OOS applicant, 3.8 GPA with a 511 MCAT (which I know is below their median), and my experiences review was finished 8/12. Anyone have any thoughts of whether I'll get even a phone interview?
I am also an OOS applicant, with a 3.96 GPA and a 509 MCAT (very much below their median, they don't even report on MSAR that they let in people with 509, but I saw on their website they let in someone with a 498 last year so I decided to try it out) and I received a phone interview. It really does seem like they are taking their time, and some applicants get an II a week after their phone interview and others get it a month after. I would try to not stress too much about it (I know, easier said than done). Good luck and I hope this helped a little!
pescatarian19
Full Member
Thanks very much! It definitely helped a lot. I’ll stay patient and hope to hear something soon! 🙂Honestly this whole process makes everyone more neurotic than normal.
I am also an OOS applicant, with a 3.96 GPA and a 509 MCAT (very much below their median, they don't even report on MSAR that they let in people with 509, but I saw on their website they let in someone with a 498 last year so I decided to try it out) and I received a phone interview. It really does seem like they are taking their time, and some applicants get an II a week after their phone interview and others get it a month after. I would try to not stress too much about it (I know, easier said than done). Good luck and I hope this helped a little!
Me! But I'm not concerned yet. The cycle is long and it's still pretty early.Anyone else complete their phone interview in the first week but not get an II yet? 🙁
.... I'm watching their Match Day hype videos and absolutely dying laughing. How have I never seen these before? They're on their YouTube channel, lol (wmumed). 2019 is definitely a mood-booster in a very funny way. This definitely endeared me to their admin.
Current third year here with the same MCAT and lower gpa. Good luck!!Honestly this whole process makes everyone more neurotic than normal.
I am also an OOS applicant, with a 3.96 GPA and a 509 MCAT (very much below their median, they don't even report on MSAR that they let in people with 509, but I saw on their website they let in someone with a 498 last year so I decided to try it out) and I received a phone interview. It really does seem like they are taking their time, and some applicants get an II a week after their phone interview and others get it a month after. I would try to not stress too much about it (I know, easier said than done). Good luck and I hope this helped a little!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current third year here with the same MCAT and lower gpa. Good luck!!
can i shoot you a dm? Just have some questions about the school and your experience
Go for it!can i shoot you a dm? Just have some questions about the school and your experience
premed375813
Full Member
That is great to hear! Absolutely love this school, and would be ecstatic to get an II! Thanks so much!!Current third year here with the same MCAT and lower gpa. Good luck!!
MollyWeasley
Full Member
So there’s no MMI this year because it’s replaced by VITA, correct?
catthemedchristmassocks
New Member
Correct! The full interview is your VITA + a 30 minute, open-file one-on-oneSo there’s no MMI this year because it’s replaced by VITA, correct?
MollyWeasley
Full Member
Awesome, appreciate the help! thanks!Correct! The full interview is your VITA + a 30 minute, open-file one-on-one
My friend says he gets an email update every time the adcoms move his application from "one review pile to another". Is it true for you all? I have not received any email since I was complete.
nope I never received those emailsMy friend says he gets an email update every time the adcoms move his application from "one review pile to another". Is it true for you all? I have not received any email since I was complete.
I have indeed received emails for steps like "under experiences review" and "experiences review complete and now under consideration for phone interview", if that is what you are asking. Not sure about other people. hope that is helpfulMy friend says he gets an email update every time the adcoms move his application from "one review pile to another". Is it true for you all? I have not received any email since I was complete.
Thanks! May I ask when you were complete and roughly when did you receive those emails?I have indeed received emails for steps like "under experiences review" and "experiences review complete and now under consideration for phone interview", if that is what you are asking. Not sure about other people. hope that is helpful
letsgoooooo
Full Member
i submitted 9/9 and just had my experiences reviewed 10/2/2020Thanks! May I ask when you were complete and roughly when did you receive those emails?
Thanks! May I ask when you were complete and roughly when did you receive those emails?
yeah of course. it looks like I was complete 9/21, moved into experiences review a week later, and my experiences review was complete/under consideration for a phone interview today (10/5).
i submitted 9/9 and just had my experiences reviewed 10/2/2020
yeah of course. it looks like I was complete 9/21, moved into experiences review a week later, and my experiences review was complete/under consideration for a phone interview today (10/5).
Thank you both! I was complete 9/9 too and haven't gotten anything. I'm taking that I may be in a slow pile 🙄
no worries for sure! yeah I get that, I feel like with so many applications to process and everything, it can be the random the way things work with the application timeline. this is probably enhanced even more w/ COVID. Im still waiting on some secondaries from schools that supposedly (at least according to MSAR) do not screen so yeah haha don't stress at all especially with your LizzyM!Thank you both! I was complete 9/9 too and haven't gotten anything. I'm taking that I may be in a slow pile 🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Any one complete the last week of August and have not moved to experience review yet?
Can anyone who had their interview already comment on what it was like? stressful? etc? Thank you!
catthemedchristmassocks
New Member
Yeah I can speak to that. My interviewer really took the time to read through my app, which I definitely appreciated, and they asked very specific questions about it. It was 90% conversation and about 10% some of what I would say are typical med school interview questions (describe a time in your life when x, what did you do, etc). You’re split into one of 3 groups and I was the group that interviewed first, which I liked because then the rest was much lower stress. Definitely read over your activities sections, essays, secondary essay, and then just get a lot of sleep is my adviceCan anyone who had their interview already comment on what it was like? stressful? etc? Thank you!
Yeah I can speak to that. My interviewer really took the time to read through my app, which I definitely appreciated, and they asked very specific questions about it. It was 90% conversation and about 10% some of what I would say are typical med school interview questions (describe a time in your life when x, what did you do, etc). You’re split into one of 3 groups and I was the group that interviewed first, which I liked because then the rest was much lower stress. Definitely read over your activities sections, essays, secondary essay, and then just get a lot of sleep is my advice
I agree with the previous comment-- it was a very nice, low-stress interview. They had definitely read my file closely and had several specific questions but overall were kind and didn't put too much pressure on. The admissions office staff is very kind as well.
Great, thank you both!
Did WMed send out live iis this wednesday? SDN was pretty quiet
How long did it takes folks to have their experiences review completed?
premed375813
Full Member
I was wondering the same thing. Seems like no?Did WMed send out live iis this wednesday? SDN was pretty quiet
It seems like they’re going out every other Wednesday (according to what I see on here)Did WMed send out live iis this wednesday? SDN was pretty quiet
Anyone with II know how long it takes back to hear after phone interview?
I received an II a week and a half after my phone interview.
MollyWeasley
Full Member
For me it was like 3 weeksAnyone with II know how long it takes back to hear after phone interview?
2 weeks. It seems from the thread that each step takes approximately two weeks but I would assume this is subject to change. Initial review, experience review were both 2 exactly for me and I'm currently sitting at a week for being under consideration for a phone interview.How long did it takes folks to have their experiences review completed?
Complete a bit later than you (9/14) and no movement here, either. IS/OOS?Any one complete the last week of August and have not moved to experience review yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So yesterday a question timed out on the assessment for me, but I had an answer filled in when that happened, will the answer that was there count still?
Yes, I believe it says that it will move on to the next question after 30 seconds and whatever answer you had chosen is saved.
SirxArfsAlot
Full Member
Phone interview this morning!
Congrats!! When was your experiences review complete?Phone interview this morning!
Phone interview offered. IS., complete 9/8, experiences review 10/6 - 10/8.