2020-2021 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning!!

LM 69 instate URM
Secondary complete 7/27
Phone interview completed 9/4

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
what's the earliest dates yall got

edit: and is the time zone est?

thanks

Phone II today! Experience review completed 8/18.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what's the earliest dates yall got

edit: and is the time zone est?

thanks

Yest all times EST, and the earliest I could find was 10/6.

Edit: I see you are probably talking about in person interviews lol my bad.

Reactions: 1 users
Normally I am not this neurotic, but I've been waiting a while for Western Michigan so here it goes:

I am an OOS applicant, 3.8 GPA with a 511 MCAT (which I know is below their median), and my experiences review was finished 8/12. Anyone have any thoughts of whether I'll get even a phone interview?
Your stats are pretty good so I'd imagine the chances are good. It all depends on your essays and experiences. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Normally I am not this neurotic, but I've been waiting a while for Western Michigan so here it goes:

I am an OOS applicant, 3.8 GPA with a 511 MCAT (which I know is below their median), and my experiences review was finished 8/12. Anyone have any thoughts of whether I'll get even a phone interview?
Honestly this whole process makes everyone more neurotic than normal.

I am also an OOS applicant, with a 3.96 GPA and a 509 MCAT (very much below their median, they don't even report on MSAR that they let in people with 509, but I saw on their website they let in someone with a 498 last year so I decided to try it out) and I received a phone interview. It really does seem like they are taking their time, and some applicants get an II a week after their phone interview and others get it a month after. I would try to not stress too much about it (I know, easier said than done). Good luck and I hope this helped a little!

I am also an OOS applicant, with a 3.96 GPA and a 509 MCAT (very much below their median, they don't even report on MSAR that they let in people with 509, but I saw on their website they let in someone with a 498 last year so I decided to try it out) and I received a phone interview. It really does seem like they are taking their time, and some applicants get an II a week after their phone interview and others get it a month after. I would try to not stress too much about it (I know, easier said than done). Good luck and I hope this helped a little!
Thanks very much! It definitely helped a lot. I’ll stay patient and hope to hear something soon! :)

Phone II today!! Secondary complete 08/12/2020, experience review complete 09/16/2020

Anyone else complete their phone interview in the first week but not get an II yet? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
.... I'm watching their Match Day hype videos and absolutely dying laughing. How have I never seen these before? They're on their YouTube channel, lol (wmumed). 2019 is definitely a mood-booster in a very funny way. This definitely endeared me to their admin.

Current third year here with the same MCAT and lower gpa. Good luck!!

So there’s no MMI this year because it’s replaced by VITA, correct?

Experiences review finished Friday and under consideration for phone interview today. Looks like the avg turn around on these is 2 weeks if you get one? This is one of my most wanted schools though :)

My friend says he gets an email update every time the adcoms move his application from "one review pile to another". Is it true for you all? I have not received any email since I was complete.

My friend says he gets an email update every time the adcoms move his application from "one review pile to another". Is it true for you all? I have not received any email since I was complete.
nope I never received those emails

I have indeed received emails for steps like "under experiences review" and "experiences review complete and now under consideration for phone interview", if that is what you are asking. Not sure about other people. hope that is helpful

I have indeed received emails for steps like "under experiences review" and "experiences review complete and now under consideration for phone interview", if that is what you are asking. Not sure about other people. hope that is helpful
Thanks! May I ask when you were complete and roughly when did you receive those emails?

Thanks! May I ask when you were complete and roughly when did you receive those emails?

yeah of course. it looks like I was complete 9/21, moved into experiences review a week later, and my experiences review was complete/under consideration for a phone interview today (10/5).

i submitted 9/9 and just had my experiences reviewed 10/2/2020
yeah of course. it looks like I was complete 9/21, moved into experiences review a week later, and my experiences review was complete/under consideration for a phone interview today (10/5).

Thank you both! I was complete 9/9 too and haven't gotten anything. I'm taking that I may be in a slow pile :rolleyes:

Thank you both! I was complete 9/9 too and haven't gotten anything. I'm taking that I may be in a slow pile :rolleyes:
no worries for sure! yeah I get that, I feel like with so many applications to process and everything, it can be the random the way things work with the application timeline. this is probably enhanced even more w/ COVID. Im still waiting on some secondaries from schools that supposedly (at least according to MSAR) do not screen so yeah haha don't stress at all especially with your LizzyM!

• Care
I was complete 9/28 and got the initial review process notification on 10/6

Any one complete the last week of August and have not moved to experience review yet?

Can anyone who had their interview already comment on what it was like? stressful? etc? Thank you!

Can anyone who had their interview already comment on what it was like? stressful? etc? Thank you!
Yeah I can speak to that. My interviewer really took the time to read through my app, which I definitely appreciated, and they asked very specific questions about it. It was 90% conversation and about 10% some of what I would say are typical med school interview questions (describe a time in your life when x, what did you do, etc). You’re split into one of 3 groups and I was the group that interviewed first, which I liked because then the rest was much lower stress. Definitely read over your activities sections, essays, secondary essay, and then just get a lot of sleep is my advice

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I can speak to that. My interviewer really took the time to read through my app, which I definitely appreciated, and they asked very specific questions about it. It was 90% conversation and about 10% some of what I would say are typical med school interview questions (describe a time in your life when x, what did you do, etc). You’re split into one of 3 groups and I was the group that interviewed first, which I liked because then the rest was much lower stress. Definitely read over your activities sections, essays, secondary essay, and then just get a lot of sleep is my advice
I agree with the previous comment-- it was a very nice, low-stress interview. They had definitely read my file closely and had several specific questions but overall were kind and didn't put too much pressure on. The admissions office staff is very kind as well.

Great, thank you both!

How long did it takes folks to have their experiences review completed?

Anyone with II know how long it takes back to hear after phone interview?

How long did it takes folks to have their experiences review completed?
2 weeks. It seems from the thread that each step takes approximately two weeks but I would assume this is subject to change. Initial review, experience review were both 2 exactly for me and I'm currently sitting at a week for being under consideration for a phone interview.

So yesterday a question timed out on the assessment for me, but I had an answer filled in when that happened, will the answer that was there count still?

Moved to experiences review this morning. Completed 9/21. OOS, no ties, LM75.

So yesterday a question timed out on the assessment for me, but I had an answer filled in when that happened, will the answer that was there count still?

Yes, I believe it says that it will move on to the next question after 30 seconds and whatever answer you had chosen is saved.