2020-2021 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have an idea of how soon we should aim to have VITA done by? (Got II on Wednesday, VITA invite on Thursday.) I know the email says as soon as possible before your interview, but can I sit on it for a couple of days? I know I should just bite the bullet and do it but it's stressing me tf out hahaha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have an idea of how soon we should aim to have VITA done by? (Got II on Wednesday, VITA invite on Thursday.) I know the email says as soon as possible before your interview, but can I sit on it for a couple of days? I know I should just bite the bullet and do it but it's stressing me tf out hahaha

Your interview invitation email should have had a due date recommendation on it. At least mine did! For me, it was the Monday after the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
For me they said to do it prior to the interview and contact them if I couldn't.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like I screwed up on the assessment - can I talk to somebody who got an interview >.<

I feel like I screwed up on the assessment - can I talk to somebody who got an interview >.<
Do you mean the multiple choice assessment? Feel free to DM me if you want some encouragement! It's a fairly subjective test, so I wouldn't be too discouraged :)

Your interview invitation email should have had a due date recommendation on it. At least mine did! For me, it was the Monday after the interview.
Weird, mine didn't say anything besides trying to get it done before the interview. Good to know, thanks for the info! :)

Anyone know which weekdays post-II decisions come out? We were told we could hear back Oct 15, but looks like it didn't happen.

I was hoping we'd find out last week too, but no cigar. Just did some snooping... last year's SDN reported decision dates were 10/16 (W), 11/5 (T), 11/26 (T), 12/3 (T), 12/19 (R), 1/28 (T), 2/3 (M), 2/10 (M), 2/17 (M), and 3/2 (M). So looks like kind of a hodgepodge but mostly Monday and Tuesday. AKA time to panic!

Im not sure I'll survive till matriculation with all these spam calls tbh. My heart jumps every time

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Kinda stressed out about my phone interview.
I have been practicing by recording myself answer CASPER questions, but I do not know what to expect. o_O
Don't stress too much about it! And definitely don't be afraid to ask for a second to think. I was doing great in my phone interview until the very last question which I felt like I bombed, but after I started to answer I asked for a moment to think and was able to recollect myself and come up with a somewhat cohesive answer and I still got a live II, so just take your time and do your best, you'll be great!

Every time I get a notification for this thread I think it's the wave of phone A's :(

Kinda stressed out about my phone interview.
I have been practicing by recording myself answer CASPER questions, but I do not know what to expect. o_O

Tbh I bombed the phone interview and I made it past. Just be honest and try to relax. I'm sure it doesn't matter that much

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Welp, I definitely bombed at least one question in my phone interview quite badly :( Hope WMed will still give me a chance....

• Care
Hey, it's been three weeks since I submitted my app, and it has yet to go into experience review. Should I be concerned?

Hey, it's been three weeks since I submitted my app, and it has yet to go into experience review. Should I be concerned?
Oh, no! I know that does not feel good! It took 2 weeks to start reviewing my app and I was complete 9/1. My guess is that if many other applicants applied before and during your timeframe, they may be behind!

Hang in there!!!!!

Nope! I was complete 8/31 and I was moved to experience review last week (almost 7 weeks later)

Reactions: 3 users
Am I in a bad spot if my "consideration for telephone interview" has been since middle September?
when were you under consideration? my experiences review was complete 10/12 and i dont have that...

When I interviewed on 10/2 I remember they said we’d likely hear back by 10/15 but definitely within 4 weeks. Haven’t heard anything yet. Tomorrow is 3 weeks though, so I’d believe it! I’ll hope for tomorrow.
I didn’t interview the first day but at mine they told us within three weeks! Fingers crossed for y’all!!

• Love
When I interviewed on 10/2 I remember they said we’d likely hear back by 10/15 but definitely within 4 weeks. Haven’t heard anything yet. Tomorrow is 3 weeks though, so I’d believe it! I’ll hope for tomorrow.

Also interviewed 10/2, and also trying to will this into being!!

Had my phone interview today, I think it went well but it was the weirdest “interview” I’ve had in my life.

Reactions: 4 users
Had my phone interview today, I think it went well but it was the weirdest “interview” I’ve had in my life.
Same here. Felt that I did really well on some questions, but others stumped me a bit. Also very odd to not receive any feedback or follow-up. Understand why, but not really sure how they can really use it as a tool, and if it really helps differentiate any people. Why not just include those questions in the secondary?

I really really hope you're right! Also hi -- we interviewed together.

Same here. Felt that I did really well on some questions, but others stumped me a bit. Also very odd to not receive any feedback or follow-up. Understand why, but not really sure how they can really use it as a tool, and if it really helps differentiate any people. Why not just include those questions in the secondary?
Well I think is not so much about the answers but more about how well you communicate, how you handle yourself in new situations and potentially stressful scenarios. Same as CA$Per or MMIs. But I completely agree, answering while looking at white wall and not having any type of feedback is super strange.

If my experiences review finished on 9/8, and I still haven't gotten a phone interview, is it safe to say that i'm rejected?

Y'all out here getting my hopes up :cryi: Then silence today

• Care
  • Sad
If my experiences review finished on 9/8, and I still haven't gotten a phone interview, is it safe to say that i'm rejected?
is your status "Under consideration for phone interview" or does it just say "experiences review complete"??

is your status "Under consideration for phone interview" or does it just say "experiences review complete"??

Part of my earlier email stated this:
"Your application has completed the experiences review step in the application review process at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine and is now under consideration for a telephone interview."

So does it really matter what the portal shows?

Hoping the "decisions mostly on Mondays and Tuesdays" holds true this year and we get some update tomorrow!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
How long can applicants be under consideration for a telephone interview?? I have been under consideration since.... 8/24!! Thinking maybe a silent R? if they do those?

Got the email that my app is now in experiences review email today. We moving!

How long can applicants be under consideration for a telephone interview?? I have been under consideration since.... 8/24!! Thinking maybe a silent R? if they do those?

Under consideration since 8/11. At this point, I view it as a rejection for me.

• Care
Do we know rough time of when they sent out calls in the past?

Anyone get an R after a phone interview? I completed my phone interview end of September and haven’t heard anything :(

I got a phone call from an unknown 269 phone number and almost shat my pants (just spam ofc).
Come on Jean I'm about to explode :arghh:
Interviewed on 10/16

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Every time I get a phone call or see a notification for this thread my heart drops through my butt.
I got a phone call from an unknown 269 phone number and almost shat my pants (just spam ofc).
Come on Jean I'm about to explode :arghh:
Interviewed on 10/16

I got a phone call from a Kentucky number yesterday and almost died too. No idea why I thought for a sec that Jean might have a Kentucky number lmao

• Haha
AHHHHH ACCEPTED!!! Just got the call from Jean!!! I’M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users