You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Cincinnati
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am sure you're not the first person to text them if you do. Personally, I do not see a reason to text them. Maybe send an email to admissions and notify them how thankful you are of the acceptance and how you were busy and couldn't pick up the phoneWould it be weird to text the person who called me and thank them for taking the time out of their day to call me? Feels bad they got my voicemail lol...
Good point. Thanks!I am sure you're not the first person to text them if you do. Personally, I do not see a reason to text them. Maybe send an email to admissions and notify them how thankful you are of the acceptance and how you were busy and couldn't pick up the phone
Got Alternate List today
Last edited:
Sorry for me to intrude, but even as an SMP graduate? I thought there were somewhat strong linkagesGot Alternate Tier 2 today
sassypug101
Full Member
Congrats!!Guys check the portals! I didn't get an email but the portal updated with my II!
Physicianeer7
Full Member
If you don’t mind, when did you compete secondary?Guys check the portals! I didn't get an email but the portal updated with my II!
Time to spice up my compulsive cycle of checking email --> SDN --> reddit --> email pt 2 in case I missed something while I was busy looking at reddit/SDNGuys check the portals! I didn't get an email but the portal updated with my II!
I was complete 7/23If you don’t mind, when did you compete secondary?
D
deleted964256
Not checking all of your portals every day as well? Spoken like a neuroticism rook..Time to spice up my compulsive cycle of checking email --> SDN --> reddit --> email pt 2 in case I missed something while I was busy looking at reddit/SDN
MedOneStop is a pretty janky website, and it does NOT go away once school starts. They keep a ton of materials on there, and it really needs an update lol
Could you please explain what this means and whether it was pre/post II?Got Alternate Tier 2 today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Post II - Alternate is WaitlistCould you please explain what this means and whether it was pre/post II?
You can refer to this reddit thread:
Post II - Alternate is Waitlist
You can refer to this reddit thread:
Thank you!
soporspelare
Full Member
About a 5/10 - I've done around 5 MMIs so far, and Cinci was pretty typical stress-wise. I cannot give any further specifics in terms of what they asked, but overall the vibe was really welcoming. From what I remember one or two interviewers were kind of stonefaced with flat affect but that's a pretty typical experience from my interviews. Everyone else was super friendly though.Anyone who already interviewed here willing to talk about how stressful the overall interview day was?
medicalapplicant46
Full Member
Is there a Facebook or GroupMe for admitted students?
PlzLetMeIn155
Full Member
Should I send an update letter/LOI? I don't really have any updates but UCCOM is my top choice and I would 100% go there if accepted (barring huge changes in my personal life- UCCOM fits best right now). Interviewed early October, waiting on decision.
I would absolutely send a LOI and specifically discuss why you’re a perfect fit at UC. Hopefully you sent a thank you letter as well!Should I send an update letter/LOI? I don't really have any updates but UCCOM is my top choice and I would 100% go there if accepted (barring huge changes in my personal life- UCCOM fits best right now). Interviewed early October, waiting on decision.
I interviewed 9/29 and thought that group would hear back yesterday but I haven’t heard anything.Has there just been no Rs or As or is it just not being reflected here?
Anybody have an idea when 9/29 might hear back?
braingames67
Full Member
I’m in the same boat as you. I would think we would hear very soon.I interviewed 9/29 and thought that group would hear back yesterday but I haven’t heard anything.
Anybody have an idea when 9/29 might hear back?
I sent a post-interview LOI and got accepted. Can't tell you if it helped or not though but it wouldn't hurt.Should I send an update letter/LOI? I don't really have any updates but UCCOM is my top choice and I would 100% go there if accepted (barring huge changes in my personal life- UCCOM fits best right now). Interviewed early October, waiting on decision.
I was really stressed going in but it honestly was better than I was expecting. I had maybe two interviewers with a flat affect but everyone else was super nice and encouraging. I even freaked out on one and had to take a second and the interviewer was super nice about it which helped me recover. I also honestly enjoyed most of the questions. My advice is just to have fun with it as best as you can.Anyone who already interviewed here willing to talk about how stressful the overall interview day was?
Momo45984
Full Member
I’m in the same boat as you. I would think we would hear very soon.
Did you write a letter of intent or interest?I sent a post-interview LOI and got accepted. Can't tell you if it helped or not though but it wouldn't hurt.
ViceroyBvS
New Member
From what I understand they tell everyone who interviewed on one day on about the same day. They give their medical students a list of people to call and give them certain times to call between. I've heard it can be as early as 9 AM or as late as 8 PM.I’m in the same boat as you. I would think we would hear very soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Letter of intentDid you write a letter of intent or interest?
D
deleted1091661
UC Alumni and nothing but radio silence, submitted early, I'm thinking about sending a letter of interest and letting them know that they are my top choice and I have a strong desire to stay in Cinci - thoughts?
I don't know how much it would help but I can't see how it would hurt. So why not?UC Alumni and nothing but radio silence, submitted early, I'm thinking about sending a letter of interest and letting them know that they are my top choice and I have a strong desire to stay in Cinci - thoughts?
TisTheSeason25
Full Member
Is there a such thing as being put on hold? Or will the status always be "application complete" until getting an II or an R?
ViceroyBvS
New Member
Based on what I've seen in this thread I think the week of 9/29 will hear back next week. That's just my prediction howeverAny late September or early October interviewers nervously waiting for a decision? No idea when to expect an email or call at this point
HopkinsNeuro
New Member
I've already interviewed and my status still indicates "application complete". I imagine that it will remain that way until an admissions decision is made.Is there a such thing as being put on hold? Or will the status always be "application complete" until getting an II or an R?
sonny.harlo
New Member
For those who have already interviewed at UCCOM, do they allow you to take notes during the MMI?
Thanks in advance!
Thanks in advance!
purplehippo123
New Member
No they do not.For those who have already interviewed at UCCOM, do they allow you to take notes during the MMI?
Thanks in advance!
PlzLetMeIn155
Full Member
Anyone know what days they tend to send out decisions? Interviewed 10/1 and the wait is awful as this is my top choice
chipotlebae
Full Member
Got the call just a few minutes ago! Interviewed 10/06, OOS.
Grateful for everything and wish the best for everyone! 🙂
Grateful for everything and wish the best for everyone! 🙂
Momo45984
Full Member
Congratulations!! lol I interviewed 10/06 too so really hoping for some positive news soon!Got the call just a few minutes ago! Interviewed 10/06, OOS.
Grateful for everything and wish the best for everyone! 🙂
chipotlebae
Full Member
I hope it happens for you!! Sending all good vibes your way!Congratulations!! lol I interviewed 10/06 too so really hoping for some positive news soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chipotlebae
Full Member
YES!!Just got the acceptance call! UC has been my top choice for as long as I can remember so super stoked!
Hope everyone else gets the call soon too and so appreciative of this thread!
Received the acceptance call as well!! 😀
medicalapplicant46
Full Member
I interviewed 9/22 and received the call on a Monday!Anyone know what days they tend to send out decisions? Interviewed 10/1 and the wait is awful as this is my top choice