2021-2022 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A! (9/24)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I GOT THE CALL TODAY!!! interviewed 9/22 😭

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Would it be weird to text the person who called me and thank them for taking the time out of their day to call me? Feels bad they got my voicemail lol...

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be weird to text the person who called me and thank them for taking the time out of their day to call me? Feels bad they got my voicemail lol...
I am sure you're not the first person to text them if you do. Personally, I do not see a reason to text them. Maybe send an email to admissions and notify them how thankful you are of the acceptance and how you were busy and couldn't pick up the phone

Reactions: 3 users
I am sure you're not the first person to text them if you do. Personally, I do not see a reason to text them. Maybe send an email to admissions and notify them how thankful you are of the acceptance and how you were busy and couldn't pick up the phone
Good point. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Guys check the portals! I didn't get an email but the portal updated with my II!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Guys check the portals! I didn't get an email but the portal updated with my II!
Time to spice up my compulsive cycle of checking email --> SDN --> reddit --> email pt 2 in case I missed something while I was busy looking at reddit/SDN

• Love
  • Haha
Time to spice up my compulsive cycle of checking email --> SDN --> reddit --> email pt 2 in case I missed something while I was busy looking at reddit/SDN
Not checking all of your portals every day as well? Spoken like a neuroticism rook..

MedOneStop is a pretty janky website, and it does NOT go away once school starts. They keep a ton of materials on there, and it really needs an update lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an II Tuesday, very unexpected! Complete 9/6!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who already interviewed here willing to talk about how stressful the overall interview day was?

Anyone who already interviewed here willing to talk about how stressful the overall interview day was?
About a 5/10 - I've done around 5 MMIs so far, and Cinci was pretty typical stress-wise. I cannot give any further specifics in terms of what they asked, but overall the vibe was really welcoming. From what I remember one or two interviewers were kind of stonefaced with flat affect but that's a pretty typical experience from my interviews. Everyone else was super friendly though.

Should I send an update letter/LOI? I don't really have any updates but UCCOM is my top choice and I would 100% go there if accepted (barring huge changes in my personal life- UCCOM fits best right now). Interviewed early October, waiting on decision.

Should I send an update letter/LOI? I don't really have any updates but UCCOM is my top choice and I would 100% go there if accepted (barring huge changes in my personal life- UCCOM fits best right now). Interviewed early October, waiting on decision.
I would absolutely send a LOI and specifically discuss why you’re a perfect fit at UC. Hopefully you sent a thank you letter as well!

Has there just been no Rs or As or is it just not being reflected here?

Late to post but I got accepted 10/18!! Best day of my life. I interview 9/24!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Has there just been no Rs or As or is it just not being reflected here?
I interviewed 9/29 and thought that group would hear back yesterday but I haven’t heard anything.

Anybody have an idea when 9/29 might hear back?

I interviewed 9/29 and thought that group would hear back yesterday but I haven’t heard anything.

Anybody have an idea when 9/29 might hear back?
I’m in the same boat as you. I would think we would hear very soon.

I sent a post-interview LOI and got accepted. Can't tell you if it helped or not though but it wouldn't hurt.

I was really stressed going in but it honestly was better than I was expecting. I had maybe two interviewers with a flat affect but everyone else was super nice and encouraging. I even freaked out on one and had to take a second and the interviewer was super nice about it which helped me recover. I also honestly enjoyed most of the questions. My advice is just to have fun with it as best as you can.

I’m in the same boat as you. I would think we would hear very soon.
From what I understand they tell everyone who interviewed on one day on about the same day. They give their medical students a list of people to call and give them certain times to call between. I've heard it can be as early as 9 AM or as late as 8 PM.

Do they only call if you're accepted or do they call everyone who interviewed?

UC Alumni and nothing but radio silence, submitted early, I'm thinking about sending a letter of interest and letting them know that they are my top choice and I have a strong desire to stay in Cinci - thoughts?

UC Alumni and nothing but radio silence, submitted early, I'm thinking about sending a letter of interest and letting them know that they are my top choice and I have a strong desire to stay in Cinci - thoughts?
I don't know how much it would help but I can't see how it would hurt. So why not?

Any late September or early October interviewers nervously waiting for a decision? No idea when to expect an email or call at this point

Reactions: 4 users
Is there a such thing as being put on hold? Or will the status always be "application complete" until getting an II or an R?

Reactions: 1 users
Any late September or early October interviewers nervously waiting for a decision? No idea when to expect an email or call at this point
Based on what I've seen in this thread I think the week of 9/29 will hear back next week. That's just my prediction however

Is there a such thing as being put on hold? Or will the status always be "application complete" until getting an II or an R?
I've already interviewed and my status still indicates "application complete". I imagine that it will remain that way until an admissions decision is made.

For those who have already interviewed at UCCOM, do they allow you to take notes during the MMI?
Thanks in advance!

Anyone know what days they tend to send out decisions? Interviewed 10/1 and the wait is awful as this is my top choice

Got the call just a few minutes ago! Interviewed 10/06, OOS.
Grateful for everything and wish the best for everyone! :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got the call just a few minutes ago! Interviewed 10/06, OOS.
Grateful for everything and wish the best for everyone! :)
Congratulations!! lol I interviewed 10/06 too so really hoping for some positive news soon!

• Love
Just got the acceptance call! UC has been my top choice for as long as I can remember so super stoked!
Hope everyone else gets the call soon too and so appreciative of this thread!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I think if we don't get the call or a waitlist, it's pretty much over

Just got the A!! Interviewed on 9/29

Good luck to everybody!!