2021-2022 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Interviewed 9/29 imma cry

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Cincy is definitely not done sending out acceptances. They accept a fixed amount of student per interview session so you have the same chance of getting in if you apply early or late.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call last night!!! So excited! interviewed 10/6. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when we receive the official offer in MedOneStop?

Anyone know what days they tend to send out decisions? Interviewed 10/1 and the wait is awful as this is my top choice
I also interviewed 10/1 and haven't heard anything... wonder if decisions from our date will be announced on a different day, but not sure.

Interviewed 10/1, placed on tier 3 alternate list this morning. Honestly devastated as Cincy is my top choice.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
why do schools even tell people what tier they are on? Seems somewhat cruel and unnecessary

why do schools even tell people what tier they are on? Seems somewhat cruel and unnecessary
I disagree, I wish more schools would tell me where I rank on the waiting list. I’d hate to hold out hope for a school that I have no chance of getting in. It’s better to cut my losses and move onto greener pastures.

I disagree, I wish more schools would tell me where I rank on the waiting list. I’d hate to hold out hope for a school that I have no chance of getting in. It’s better to cut my losses and move onto greener pastures.
Do they reject post interview? Just seems like so many could be added lower on the WL and the poster could be added higher. Unless there is a strict cutoff in terms of points or something

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they reject post interview? Just seems like so many could be added lower on the WL and the poster could be added higher. Unless there is a strict cutoff in terms of points or something
They reject, accept, and WL around the same percentage of people from each interview date. In years past they have accepted very little to none from the alternate list, although I believe last cycle there were some acceptances.

Does anyone have “Begin MCAT Course Registration” under “Select Process to Begin”. I’m a little weirded out because I don’t remember seeing this before in the portal. Is this their way of telling me I’m rejected?

Does anyone have “Begin MCAT Course Registration” under “Select Process to Begin”. I’m a little weirded out because I don’t remember seeing this before in the portal. Is this their way of telling me I’m rejected?
I also have this. I doubt it means anything related to a decision made by their committee

Is there a Facebook or GroupMe for admitted students?
Congrats on the acceptance!!! There should be a FB page for the Class Of 2026 soon. It might exist already, but it's simply not "live". Ours went live in October or November, I think (don't quote me on that). We used our FB page for a while for greetings, etc, and then someone created a GroupMe, and we kind of all moved over to that in the spring. The FB page for our class is still active, though, and people post information about places for rent. You'll also be invited to join another FB page where people at the med school buy/sell/trade stuff. That page is pretty active in the spring when people are looking to move or when the M4's are looking to get rid of stuff before they move for residencies (don't go crazy buying supplements yet though). Good luck to everyone else still waiting! 🤞

Does anybody know about the process for qualifying for the Kentucky Metropolitan Rate or instate tuition?

It seems like living in Ohio for M1 will essentially qualify oneself for instate tuition for years 2-4 but what about the Kentucky rate?

Does anybody know about the process for qualifying for the Kentucky Metropolitan Rate or instate tuition?

It seems like living in Ohio for M1 will essentially qualify oneself for instate tuition for years 2-4 but what about the Kentucky rate?
KMR is very simple. Obtain KY drivers license, obtain KY auto insurance, obtain KY lease, and that's pretty much it. Prove you're a resident of KY and they give you automatic IS tuition with a 300 KMR charge per semester, which comes out to $3,000 over the course of four years. Not to mention northern Kentucky can be an amazing place to live. Some OOSers prefer to live closer to campus in Cincy proper, which is fine, but the process is more complicated and by far more expensive. (1 year of OOS tuition vs $3,000 KMR rate) The commute from NKY is about 15 minutes typically from Covington or Newport. I HIGHLY recommend emailing John Stiles sooner than later to get the process started if you're OOS and wanting to move to Ohio.

If I'll still be financially dependent on my parents during medical school can I get the IS tuition rates after a year of living in Ohio or nah?

KMR is very simple. Obtain KY drivers license, obtain KY auto insurance, obtain KY lease, and that's pretty much it. Prove you're a resident of KY and they give you automatic IS tuition with a 300 KMR charge per semester, which comes out to $3,000 over the course of four years. Not to mention northern Kentucky can be an amazing place to live. Some OOSers prefer to live closer to campus in Cincy proper, which is fine, but the process is more complicated and by far more expensive. (1 year of OOS tuition vs $3,000 KMR rate) The commute from NKY is about 15 minutes typically from Covington or Newport. I HIGHLY recommend emailing John Stiles sooner than later to get the process started if you're OOS and wanting to move to Ohio.
Good to know.

I actually just spoke with John Stiles and because my spouse would be working in Ohio, I would qualify for instate tuition immediately!

+1 for talking to John if anybody has questions about tuition

Hey Everyone! I have been looking at when decisions are released and when those applicants were interviewed to try and extrapolate when I could expect a decision, and I think that we can expect the next round of decisions to be on 11/15/2021. Someone else mentioned that the committee typically receives the interview evaluations about two weeks post-interview and then they meet on Fridays to discuss. The biggest days so far for decisions have been 10/18 (a Monday) and 11/1 (also a Monday). Those two days were also two weeks apart. The number of days between interview and acceptance has ranged from 24 to 33 days (typically longer if you interviewed on a Wednesday as compared to a Friday) with an average of just under 28. Just thought my neuroticism could help quash some anxiety for folks.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Interviewing next week and got my hands on a ****ty windows laptop cuz they specified using windows computers. The webcam on it reallyyy sucks though. Did anyone interview using a Mac instead and experience any issues? Their email ab not using macs scared me lol

Interviewing next week and got my hands on a ****ty windows laptop cuz they specified using windows computers. The webcam on it reallyyy sucks though. Did anyone interview using a Mac instead and experience any issues? Their email ab not using macs scared me lol
I did and it was fine. Just run the systems checks and listen to them about not having the program on full screen.

JUST GOT ACCEPTED LET'S GOOOOOOO

Got the call from an M1 in the middle of my scribing shift so I ended up missing an A&P lmao luckily my attending understood

Also I interviewed 10/13 and I'm OOS URM

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
STAND BY YOUR PHONES EVERYONE! I just got the acceptance call from an M3!

Interviewed on 10/22 and I actually work for UCCOM.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the call at around 7 this evening! OOS URM. Interviewed 10/15. So excited! :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
JUST GOT ACCEPTED LET'S GOOOOOOO

Got the call from an M1 in the middle of my scribing shift so I ended up missing an A&P lmao luckily my attending understood

Also I interviewed 10/13 and I'm OOS URM
+1 also a 10/13 interviewee! ORM with strong ties

• Love
Any MSTP applicants who interviewed mid-October heard anything back yet?... Asking for a friend

Call yesterday saying I got accepted, call today saying that was an error and I was actually placed on waitlist :)

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 28 users
Logged onto my portal this morning to see that I was actually rejected after receiving an acceptance call yesterday lmao

Time to disappoint all the friends and family I told about the acceptance yesterday 🤡🤡🤡

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 21 users
Make sure you guys call the admissions office to get final confirmation if you have a discrepancy. And if you were actually not accepted, make sure you let them know how unacceptable that is so they make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
Make sure you guys call the admissions office to get final confirmation if you have a discrepancy. And if you were actually not accepted, make sure you let them know how unacceptable that is so they make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.
So I sent them an email 2 hours ago and am waiting on a response. Tried calling them twice, both times went either to voicemail or had a busy signal. Idk I'm just so used to waiting and dealing with the futility of the process, so waiting one more business day pales in comparison to the months I've already waited for a response lmao.

It's just especially disheartening to not only get a post-interview rejection, but to have the carrot of an acceptance dangled in front of my face the day before. It's completely ridiculous how we are expected to hold the highest standards for ourselves throughout our entire undergraduate careers and excel in the admissions process while having little to no visible flaws, yet the schools I paid thousands of dollars of my own cash I scrimped and saved from years of exploitative scribing jobs will not even dignify us with timely responses, and are free to make ridiculous mistakes like this.

I'm lucky and blessed to already have an acceptance in the bag, but I just really don't know what else to say regarding this. Best of luck to all my fellow premed homies who have to suck up the bull**** of this process with a smile on their face.

EDIT: Just got a call back from the admissions office - apparently what happened was last night, there were "errant phone calls" made because "somehow" they "pulled the wrong list" and they're "looking into it currently" and "profusely apologize for any inconvenience". Whatever, I'm over it. I didn't even have the energy to muster anything beyond one-word responses, and I know they give ZERO ****s about applicants so it's not like complaining would have done anything anyways. Thanks UCCOM! 🤡🤡🤡

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 23 users
Call yesterday saying I got accepted, call today saying that was an error and I was actually placed on waitlist :)

Logged onto my portal this morning to see that I was actually rejected after receiving an acceptance call yesterday lmao

Time to disappoint all the friends and family I told about the acceptance yesterday 🤡🤡🤡
If all else fails, just go to the media.

Reactions: 4 users
I didnt even apply here but I encourage all of yall who got screwed over by the fake acceptance call to do absolutely whatever you can to put the pressure on UCCOM admissions and shame them for their total **** up. Collective organizing, nasty emails, going to media, whatever it takes. This can't keep happening with the way this process exploits applicants at every single level . At the very least make them give you a refund on your application fee

Reactions: 10 users
There is precedent for this situation. You did not sign anything contractual so you are not entitled to a seat. Look up the Mayo incident from a couple years ago, where all interviewees (or maybe waitlist holders? Don't remember) were sent an acceptance email. These were rescinded, the school apologized, and absolutely nothing happened. Sorry to disappoint.

There is precedent for this situation. You did not sign anything contractual so you are not entitled to a seat. Look up the Mayo incident from a couple years ago, where all interviewees (or maybe waitlist holders? Don't remember) were sent an acceptance email. These were rescinded, the school apologized, and absolutely nothing happened. Sorry to disappoint.
And if I’m not mistaken, even the acceptances that were actual acceptances can be revoked at any time for nearly any reason whatsoever. It might be unprofessional, but the schools have a ton of latitude here to do as they please.

Just want to add my two cents...

I am so sorry that happened to you guys. I feel like this cycle is already stressful and to have this happen is completely unfair. I wish you guys the best and hope you have acceptances at other places that are a better fit for you! *Sending virtual hugs*

Having worked at a large corporation, I've seen a lot and realized it's unfortunately normal for unprofessional and unfair things to happen. Medical schools are no different.

However, even though this has happened in the past with other schools and just happened now with UCCOM doesn't mean it's right. It's not justified and they should be held accountable for this terrible mistake. I hope they learned their lesson and have more checks and balances in place to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I also feel like the way a school handles this situation reveals a lot about the character of their admissions department and administration. Though they technically don't owe you anything, I hope the apology you received felt genuine. I also agree that the least they could do is return your application fee given the amount of applicants and $$ they receive.