You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No! Still waiting.Has anyone who was complete in late August received a II?
SameNo! Still waiting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a little confused about the process here. Would someone mind confirming?
From what I've read in this forum:
1) You get a secondary received email and you're considered complete.
2) You get another email once your application has been reviewed.
3) Next email is either invite or rejection?
From what I've read in this forum:
1) You get a secondary received email and you're considered complete.
2) You get another email once your application has been reviewed.
3) Next email is either invite or rejection?
This is correct.I'm a little confused about the process here. Would someone mind confirming?
From what I've read in this forum:
1) You get a secondary received email and you're considered complete.
2) You get another email once your application has been reviewed.
3) Next email is either invite or rejection?
Thanks!! Congrats on your II and good luck!!This is correct.
D
deleted853360
I might be the oddball but my application has been reviewed and it’s been silence since.I'm a little confused about the process here. Would someone mind confirming?
From what I've read in this forum:
1) You get a secondary received email and you're considered complete.
2) You get another email once your application has been reviewed.
3) Next email is either invite or rejection?
same. i think they just don't email until either II or a rejection at the end of the cycle. Last cycle, I got the R in like June 2021...I might be the oddball but my application has been reviewed and it’s been silence since.
+1 my fellow oddballI might be the oddball but my application has been reviewed and it’s been silence since.
drpimplepopper
New Member
II this morning; OOS; Complete 7/30; Reviewed: 8/25
congrats! mind sharing stats?II this morning; OOS; Complete 7/30; Reviewed: 8/25
Readytogo8
Full Member
Has anyone received an II with MCAT <505?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted993132
+1, submitted 07/19, reviewed 08/09. >8 weeks since submission, ~6 weeks since review but still no II yet. I think its a wash for me but i'm gonna hold the faith lol :/Feeling nervous, it's been nearly 6 weeks and I haven't received a "reviewed" email. Though I am aware they said we might not hear back for 6-8 weeks.
+1 reviewed 7/18 but I'm just gonna keep going with the no news is good news mentality.+1, submitted 07/19, reviewed 08/09. >8 weeks since submission, ~6 weeks since review but still no II yet. I think its a wash for me but i'm gonna hold the faith lol :/
D
deleted903689
I was complete 7/5 and still haven't received a "reviewed" email 😭 I guess they arent going in order?Feeling nervous, it's been nearly 6 weeks and I haven't received a "reviewed" email. Though I am aware they said we might not hear back for 6-8 weeks.
adding with hopes we maybe crack their code. Complete 8/20, reviewed 9/10. no II. Who knows what they’re doing.I was complete 7/5 and still haven't received a "reviewed" email 😭 I guess they arent going in order?
Telmisartan
Full Member
+1; I'm also curious to know this...Has anyone received an II with MCAT <505?
+1 also curious ...+1; I'm also curious to know this...
D
deleted993132
+1 also curious ...
I haven’t seen any yet but if you look on MSAR Howard’s median is 505. That means 50% of the accepted class had less than a 505. So I think they do interview many people <505 yearly. I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you but just my 2 cents though I’m a fellow applicant so what do I know…Has anyone received an II with MCAT <505?
Readytogo8
Full Member
Appreciate itI haven’t seen any yet but if you look on MSAR Howard’s median is 505. That means 50% of the accepted class had less than a 505. So I think they do interview many people <505 yearly. I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you but just my 2 cents though I’m a fellow applicant so what do I know…
D
deleted1114150
Does it take a month for us to hear back to see if we got an II? otherwise, it could mean we've been rejected?
Their admissions team is really small. I would just wait. R's didn't come til like June last cycle.Does it take a month for us to hear back to see if we got an II? otherwise, it could mean we've been rejected?
Can anyone who's interviewed provide some input on the interview day & the vibe of the interviews?
vivekaveena
Full Member
For anyone who's attended a First Friday, how long does it usually last and what do they talk about?
Also, if anyone is planning on going to the one this Friday, I'll see you there! 🙂
Also, if anyone is planning on going to the one this Friday, I'll see you there! 🙂
Last edited:
usually one hour of pre-recorded presentation and then some questions to ask the adcoms and then current MS 1-2-3 or 4 come on and we can ask them questions. I feel like its at leas 2 hours or maybe more.For anyone who's attended a First Friday, how long does it usually last and what do they talk about?
Also, if anyone is planning on going to the one this Friday, I'll see you there! 🙂
D
deleted1114150
whats First Friday?For anyone who's attended a First Friday, how long does it usually last and what do they talk about?
Also, if anyone is planning on going to the one this Friday, I'll see you there! 🙂
Just withdrew my application, wishing everyone the best of luck!OOS II Received
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/13
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am guessing you got accepted elsewhere. CONGRATS!Just withdrew my application, wishing everyone the best of luck!
THANK YOU! I know yours is coming soon!!I am guessing you got accepted elsewhere. CONGRATS!
you really 4pf though?THANK YOU! I know yours is coming soon!
you really 4pf though?
YESSIRRR
Has anyone had success with emailing Howard’s admissions office? I emailed them a few days ago and I’m curious what their typical response time is since I haven’t heard back yet. Are they better with phone calls than emails?
D
deleted993132
I emailed them with an issue late July and they replied the next day. Of course the office is a lot busier now that it’s further into the cycle. If it’s time sensitive I’d call since you’ve already waited a few days.Has anyone had success with emailing Howard’s admissions office? I emailed them a few days ago and I’m curious what their typical response time is since I haven’t heard back yet. Are they better with phone calls than emails?
Readytogo8
Full Member
Received an II! I'm so happy. Complete 7/29, reviewed 8/23
Received an II today. Complete 7/26 and reviewed 8/19.
I called and they picked up immediately!Has anyone had success with emailing Howard’s admissions office? I emailed them a few days ago and I’m curious what their typical response time is since I haven’t heard back yet. Are they better with phone calls than emails?
Congrats!A today! Interviewed 9/14
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A today! Interviewed 9/6
They did interviews on Labor Day?? crazyA today! Interviewed 9/6
Oops my bad! I meant 10/6, last week!They did interviews on Labor Day?? crazy
That's pretty decent turnaround time. Congrats!Oops my bad! I meant 10/6, last week!