2021-2022 Howard

Started by wysdoc
Tags Tags
howard
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm so apparently, I got the same email yesterday (lost in spam folder). What does it mean? Soft Pre-II R? Did anyone who got an II or A also receive a similar email?
 
Hmm so apparently, I got the same email yesterday (lost in spam folder). What does it mean? Soft Pre-II R? Did anyone who got an II or A also receive a similar email?
I wouldn't say rejection. I think it's a silent pre-II hold. My best guess is that they reviewed your application, gave it a score, and set it aside. Once the highest stat applicants are through, they'll go down the apps based on the scores they gave each application. The email we got probably just means they've given it a score and set it aside for now. This way of thinking may not be right but I think it's way more realistic than a pre-II R
 
I wouldn't say rejection. I think it's a silent pre-II hold. My best guess is that they reviewed your application, gave it a score, and set it aside. Once the highest stat applicants are through, they'll go down the apps based on the scores they gave each application. The email we got probably just means they've given it a score and set it aside for now. This way of thinking may not be right but I think it's way more realistic than a pre-II R
It’s not a pre-II rejection. I got a II after receiving that email. It took a couple of weeks.
 
Also just received this email, also unsure how to interpret it.
just got the " we have received and reviewed your AMCAS primary and secondary application" email. how long did it take yall to get an II? thanks!
For reference, this is my timeline for Howard: I got that complete email on 8/18 and then got an II 9/10. Interviewed 10/12 and accepted 10/25. Good luck!!
 
I know you are eligible for an interview if you have a 494 and above, but has anyone heard of anyone getting an II or acceptance with less than a 500 MCAT? Just trying to satiate my curiosity lol
yes, there are several (at least 4 that i know of) people in my class with a low mcat. but they usually have a higher gpa and great xtracurrics to compensate.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also, to those who applied early, just be patient and send updates.

Howard gets A LOT of secondaries and has to sort through a lot of them.

make sure to attend first fridays and make yourself known. be engaging if you can.

also timeline wise, unless you have stellar gpa and mcat, be patient. they interview into april. several ppl in my class got in in May and June!
 
also, to those who applied early, just be patient and send updates.

Howard gets A LOT of secondaries and has to sort through a lot of them.

make sure to attend first fridays and make yourself known. be engaging if you can.

also timeline wise, unless you have stellar gpa and mcat, be patient. they interview into april. several ppl in my class got in in May and Jun

Hey sorry to ask if this has already been asked but what is first fridays? I have submitted my secondary but have not heard back for an interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they accepted mine last year and acknowledged them. did they explicitly say that this year
Oops I made a column in my AMCAS spreadsheet of which schools accept updates and which don't and I forgot what the colors I put by them meant. Went back to the legend, and I could not find if they accepted updates. If they do, how did you do it?
 
Would someone be able to share the zoom link for today’s First Friday? I registered, but they never sent me the link
 
Oops I made a column in my AMCAS spreadsheet of which schools accept updates and which don't and I forgot what the colors I put by them meant. Went back to the legend, and I could not find if they accepted updates. If they do, how did you do it?
write a formal letter. should be about a page. thank them for the opportunity for possibly being considered, give them a meaningful uodate or two and weave in why these updates relate to why you specifically want to go to Howard.

send to admissions and CC cecilia williams-folkes, april hicks, and sharmon jones

make sure to give it a good review before sending it (every bit of correspondence is insight to your professionalism)
 
I dont se
write a formal letter. should be about a page. thank them for the opportunity for possibly being considered, give them a meaningful uodate or two and weave in why these updates relate to why you specifically want to go to Howard.

send to admissions and CC cecilia williams-folkes, april hicks, and sharmon jones

make sure to give it a good review before sending it (every bit of correspondence is insight to your professionalism)
dang that’s interesting my advisor said update letters should be short 1 paragraph updating them on ur accrued hours…
Good to know
 
Hello! I am interviewing tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any advice or insight? Would help a lot.
Also stats, OOS, 505 MCAT, cGPA 3.87 for anyone wondering
Be yourself. depends on the interviewer but it can be pretty much just a regular regular conversation.

if you get a harder interviewer, don’t stress. if you got an interview, they probably already like you so just roll with the punches.

don’t oversell yourself but don’t be too modest! i’m sure you will find your balance tomorrow and crush it
 
I dont se

dang that’s interesting my advisor said update letters should be short 1 paragraph updating them on ur accrued hours…
Good to know
it can be short. this was just my personal experience. i wrote updates and got interviews at a few schools bc of it
 
Be yourself. depends on the interviewer but it can be pretty much just a regular regular conversation.

if you get a harder interviewer, don’t stress. if you got an interview, they probably already like you so just roll with the punches.

don’t oversell yourself but don’t be too modest! i’m sure you will find your balance tomorrow and crush it
Thanks so much! That makes me feel a lot better!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I just got the interview invite!

Complete 08/24, Reviewed 10/08, II 11/09
I also attended last week's first Friday Open House. Could be a coincidence that my II came so soon after, but if anyone is waiting to hear about an II I'd suggest showing interest by attending.
Mind sharing stats?
 
To withdraw an application, do you just email the admissions asking if your app can be withdrawn?
Yes you have to email their admissions office.

I am withdrawing my app because I got in somewhere else I prefer to attend. i hope you are not doing so because of their endless silence.