2021-2022 Howard

Started by wysdoc
Tags Tags
howard
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Should I send a letter of interest? Howard is my top choice and I haven't heard anything from them since I got the "reviewed" email back in August.
If your application has been reviewed with no decision yet, it certainly wouldn't hurt to send a LOI and/or an update letter. Unless the adcom expressly stated that they don't accept those kinds of letters.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Guys,

Anyone who had an interview, do you mind sharing some insights on the format and an idea of the type of questions asked!

Thanks
 
Hello Guys,

Anyone who had an interview, do you mind sharing some insights on the format and an idea of the type of questions asked!

Thanks
Definitely depends on the interviewer you have. My interview wasn't super conversational & I was the first one out so I was a bit concerned
 
Yea, it was intense. I have no idea how it went since he gave me feedback on ratings that he disagreed with and responses he thought were good. When we were pulled back from our breakout rooms, the coordinator was like "see, that was so pain-free!" and I'm like uhhhhhhhhh no it wasn't lol
I had a similar experience to this. Definitely the worst interview I've done all cycle. My interviewer asked me twice about achievements in high school and I'm a non-trad so honestly my only achievement in high school was making it out alive. My interviewer was just substituting for someone else but she seemed inexperienced.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no email for me and I interviewed same day as you … I wonder if they passed me over. Congrats on the acceptance tho future doctor!
You will get that email!! The email says "thank you for your patience" so they know you are waiting to hear from them! Thank you so much friend, it was your words that kept me sane throughout this whole weekend. Good luck!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know you are eligible for an interview if you have a 494 and above, but has anyone heard of anyone getting an II or acceptance with less than a 500 MCAT? Just trying to satiate my curiosity lol
 
I know you are eligible for an interview if you have a 494 and above, but has anyone heard of anyone getting an II or acceptance with less than a 500 MCAT? Just trying to satiate my curiosity lol
See my post #172 in this thread. Also, their 10th percentile on MSAR is 499. That means 10% of their matriculating class has an MCAT of or below 499.

So to answer your question yes I think they do give IIs and As to those with MCAT <499 🙂