2021-2022 Howard

Started by wysdoc
Tags Tags
howard
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes you have to email their admissions office.

I am withdrawing my app because I got in somewhere else I prefer to attend. i hope you are not doing so because of their endless silence.
Oh no lol. I also have been accepted to my preferred school for attendance and didn't know what the procedure was to withdraw apps from schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello I just got this email, anyone know what it means?
FROM HOWARD U COLLEGE OF MEDICINE - AMCAS Application Reviewed

We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. Although we are aware students are currently in the process of completing their prerequisites, and having at least 2 Science, Math, or Research Instructor Letters of Recommendation or Committee Letters submitted on their behalf; please be advised, that should you be missing pre-requisite coursework or a required Letter of Recommendation, they should be received no later than July 1, 2022. Also, any outstanding pre-requisite courses must have a letter grade in the "C" range (C+ to C-) to be considered a satisfied requirement and completed no later than spring or first summer sessions to be considered for admission in July 2022.



Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via E-MAIL ONLY. Should you be selected for interview, invitations will be issued between late August until mid April. Most interviews will be completed by the end of April.
 
Hello I just got this email, anyone know what it means?
FROM HOWARD U COLLEGE OF MEDICINE - AMCAS Application Reviewed

We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. Although we are aware students are currently in the process of completing their prerequisites, and having at least 2 Science, Math, or Research Instructor Letters of Recommendation or Committee Letters submitted on their behalf; please be advised, that should you be missing pre-requisite coursework or a required Letter of Recommendation, they should be received no later than July 1, 2022. Also, any outstanding pre-requisite courses must have a letter grade in the "C" range (C+ to C-) to be considered a satisfied requirement and completed no later than spring or first summer sessions to be considered for admission in July 2022.



Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via E-MAIL ONLY. Should you be selected for interview, invitations will be issued between late August until mid April. Most interviews will be completed by the end of April.
i think they gave you a score and set your application aside. meaning you either will hear back for an II soon or get an R in june. That's what i am hunching on. I got this email October 29th.
 
Hello I just got this email, anyone know what it means?
FROM HOWARD U COLLEGE OF MEDICINE - AMCAS Application Reviewed

We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. Although we are aware students are currently in the process of completing their prerequisites, and having at least 2 Science, Math, or Research Instructor Letters of Recommendation or Committee Letters submitted on their behalf; please be advised, that should you be missing pre-requisite coursework or a required Letter of Recommendation, they should be received no later than July 1, 2022. Also, any outstanding pre-requisite courses must have a letter grade in the "C" range (C+ to C-) to be considered a satisfied requirement and completed no later than spring or first summer sessions to be considered for admission in July 2022.



Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via E-MAIL ONLY. Should you be selected for interview, invitations will be issued between late August until mid April. Most interviews will be completed by the end of April.
i think they gave you a score and set your application aside. meaning you either will hear back for an II soon or get an R in june. That's what i am hunching on. I got this email October 29th.
I got that all the way back in late August! Chances are they made those review in order of complete date and whatnot
 
Hello I just got this email, anyone know what it means?
FROM HOWARD U COLLEGE OF MEDICINE - AMCAS Application Reviewed

We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. Although we are aware students are currently in the process of completing their prerequisites, and having at least 2 Science, Math, or Research Instructor Letters of Recommendation or Committee Letters submitted on their behalf; please be advised, that should you be missing pre-requisite coursework or a required Letter of Recommendation, they should be received no later than July 1, 2022. Also, any outstanding pre-requisite courses must have a letter grade in the "C" range (C+ to C-) to be considered a satisfied requirement and completed no later than spring or first summer sessions to be considered for admission in July 2022.



Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via E-MAIL ONLY. Should you be selected for interview, invitations will be issued between late August until mid April. Most interviews will be completed by the end of April.
Just got this. Complete end of August.
 
I have an interview date coming soon but I would like to know more about their research opportunities. That portion of their website just lists contact info.
It's not the best place for research funding tbh but we are near NIH and Georgetown and GW have a lot of resources. DC and Baltimore are research heavy cities so there's a lot here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since there hasn't been any updates recently, this was my timeline for howard:
Completed : Aug 30
Reviewed: Oct 4
Interview invite: Oct 8
Interview: Nov 3
Acceptance: Nov 22!!

I wish you all the best
ahh omg congrats!!!! so happy for you! do you mind sharing your stats?
 
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing details about your interview experience? I also have an interview scheduled and would just like to know a little more.
Yes, re to this message, I have an interview coming soon and I would love to hear about the experiences of those who already interviewed and for those who were accepted too.
 
About a minute ago lol. I appreciate the support! I'm sure I'll get a decision next Monday as they originally stated post interview
Hey, so the way they explained it to my interview group was that we should expect to hear back by the date they provided. So hearing back before was a possibility, but expect to hear something by next Monday at the latest. With that said, my date was Friday (11/19) and I heard back yesterday (11/22) so it sounds like the date is not set in stone.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, so the way they explained it to my interview group was that we should expect to hear back by the date they provided. So hearing back before was a possibility, but expect to hear something by next Monday at the latest. With that said, my date was Friday (11/19) and I heard back yesterday (11/22) so it sounds like the date is not set in stone.
Thanks! Yeah was just shocked to see people that interviewed after me hear back based off how they explained their review process lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview coming up very soon at this school and I have a few questions for those who have already been interviewed and were accepted.

- Was it an intense interview or did it feel conversational?
- Did you have one interview or two? Did they tell you the names of your interviewers beforehand?
- What's your best advice on how to prep for the interview?


Thank you in advance!