2021-2022 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that means if youre not on the waitlist you have a low chance of even interviewing and getting in at this point
yeah that makes sense, I already have an interview so I'm just hoping the class doesn't fill up before my interview

Members don't see this ad.

Would anyone be open to sharing the format of the UKCOM interview day? All I have right now is a Zoom link and an email saying there will be introductions and then interviews - you don't have to share specifics but I'm wondering how long the day will be, and if there are other things that'll occur other than show up and interview lol.

Would anyone be open to sharing the format of the UKCOM interview day? All I have right now is a Zoom link and an email saying there will be introductions and then interviews - you don't have to share specifics but I'm wondering how long the day will be, and if there are other things that'll occur other than show up and interview lol.
The format starts with an info session (about an hourish) and then two 30 minute interviews then a student panel where you can ask the students questions. It will last the entire time from 9am-11:30am. I hope this helps! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good morning! I have my Lexington interview on Thursday, and they just sent me the Zoom link for the day. They just said there'd be introductions and then interviews - can anyone enlighten me on the schedule they did when you interviewed for Lexington? Are there presentations and lectures we have to learn more about the school? The email is very vague and makes it seem like you show up, say hi, interview, but my other II's were like all-day things. If anyone can provide insight on what I can expect that'd be ~clutch~
I interviewed NKY, so take this with a grain of salt, but I believe the structure is similar. Once you check in on Zoom, they have an introduction section where all applicants introduce themselves, the interviewers introduced themselves, and they spoke a bit about the campus(area, curriculum, things they're looking for etc.). Afterwards there's two interview blocks with a Q/A at the end and a break in the middle.

Wanted to share my experiences with UKCOM from last cycle. My interview date was 11/10 for the Lexington campus. I was notified on 11/20 that the class was already full, but I heard that the class was already filled by the time I interviewed (I think their post-II review meeting is twice a month or something like that). I was eventually pulled off the WL in early April but matriculated elsewhere.

From what I understand, their class is composed of 90% IS and 10% OOS. They pull from their WL accordingly (e.g. when an IS-applicant declines their seat, another IS-applicant is offered the spot). Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the acceptance call tonight for the NKY campus!! Interviewed on 10/16

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if there is an accepted student FB for the nky campus?

I interviewed for NKY on 10/16 as well. Just got waitlisted today. Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent?

I interviewed for NKY on 10/16 as well. Just got waitlisted today. Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent?
I know that the BG campus does. I would email the NKY admissions coordinator and ask for advice.

If we picked a secondary campus do we get offered interviews at the other campus? Because I picked Lexington a then another one and I’m on the waitlist at Lexington for interview so do I get the opportunity to interview at the other campus I selected?
I don’t know for sure but I think most likely no. The reason is that the smaller campuses have enough applicants who made them their first choice such that they don’t need to offer interviews to people who made them their second choice. Not trying to crush your hopes. It could happen. I haven’t heard of it happening though.

I don’t know for sure but I think most likely no. The reason is that the smaller campuses have enough applicants who made them their first choice such that they don’t need to offer interviews to people who made them their second choice. Not trying to crush your hopes. It could happen. I haven’t heard of it happening though.
actually, the answer is yes. I know because i put lexington as my top choice, and have an interview for NKY.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of you send thank you notes to your interviewers? If you did, by email? I looked in the applicant portal and didn't see any option to upload anything.

Did any of you send thank you notes to your interviewers? If you did, by email? I looked in the applicant portal and didn't see any option to upload anything.
At the end of your interview day you’ll get an email that will explain how to submit thank you notes to your interviewers.

Do they accept updates?
Yes, I was told during my interview that they do accept updates. I don't think that is campus specific, but maybe reach out to the admissions coordinator at the campus you interviewed at to verify.

I interviewed today on 11/13 for NKU. Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back, I don’t remember hearing anything regarding that? I know they said they’d send us an email on how to send thank you notes but I have yet to receive that.

I interviewed today on 11/13 for NKU. Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back, I don’t remember hearing anything regarding that? I know they said they’d send us an email on how to send thank you notes but I have yet to receive that.
I’m super crossing my fingers that we’ll hear before thanksgiving!!

I interviewed this week for bowling green and was told to expect 2-4 weeks, but it might be sooner. They told us it just depends on how fast Lexington is moving because the final decision comes from the adcoms there.

Is it worth to send a brief update/interest letter after interview??

Is it worth to send a brief update/interest letter after interview??
In regards to an interest letter, I emailed the Admissions Coordinator at the NKY campus asking whether or not they accept them. She said that they do, but that the letter will be considered for the next admissions cycle, not the current one.

2-4 weeks is pretty accurate. NKY gives calls on thursdays/fridays.

Accepted today at the Lexington Campus IS with an Interview date of 11/9. Excited is an understatement!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Any 11/11 interviewers think that tonight might be a phone call night? 🤞

Accepted to Lexington Campus IS, interview 11/4. So so happy!! Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how the interview waitlist works? Like if you get off and you’re OOS is that a good sign since that may mean someone out of state withdrew and you could potentially take that spot or do they give interviews to multiple people on the waitlist for one spot? I’m

Does anyone know how the interview waitlist works? Like if you get off and you’re OOS is that a good sign since that may mean someone out of state withdrew and you could potentially take that spot or do they give interviews to multiple people on the waitlist for one spot? I’m
I would say getting off the interview waitlist in general is a good sign but I think they do interviews for multiple people for one spot. There's like 130 seats in the class or something like that and they interview double or more the amount of seats they have

How do you know this? I interview in a week ugh
when I got my acceptance call they said I got one of the last spots but I'm sure a lot of people haven't accepted their offer yet so you may get waitlisted but still have a good chance to get off it and accepted! They'll tell you at the end of your interview though if the class is completely full or you'll get an email before. Don't let it impact your performance, you still have an early enough interview date so don't stress!

Does full mean out of state spots filled as well?
I think so. But I also think that if an OOS acceptee declines the acceptance then their spot will go to an OOS applicant on the waitlist. So that would bode well for OOS applicants on the waitlist.

I think so. But I also think that if an OOS acceptee declines the acceptance then their spot will go to an OOS applicant on the waitlist. So that would bode well for OOS applicants on the waitlist.
Yeah I’m out of state so I’m hoping someone drops if they’re full

I have an interview scheduled
This is very interesting to me as there are still several interview days still pending, some as late as January, for the Lexington site, so the comment that the location is “full” is extremely confusing. Surely schools aren’t scheduling interviews when they are already full. That would be a waste of everyone’s time - including theirs. Until the school states they are full, I think it’s fair to say they aren’t. Saying a candidate got “one of the last slots” is not saying the class is full. This is exactly how rumors get started.

Last edited:
This is very interesting to me as there are still several interview days still pending, some as late as January, for the Lexington site, so the comment that the location is “full” is extremely confusing. Surely schools aren’t scheduling interviews when they are already full. That would be a waste of everyone’s time - including theirs. Until the school states they are full, I think it’s fair to say they aren’t. Saying a candidate got “one of the last slots” is not saying the class is full. This is exactly how rumors get started.
The class was full last year as of the last interview date in October. People in the November 5th interview date were told that they were interviewing for the waitlist. So yes the school does continue to schedule interviews knowing full well the class is full which is because if anyone decides on a different school they have a surplus of applicants on the waitlist that they can pull off for acceptance. Wasn't trying to start a rumor I just know that the class fills fast and was aware the entire time that my interview date was close to when the class would be full and was then told I got one of the last slots. You're right it doesn't mean they are completely full but based on last year it probably is. Also they state on the website that the class fills by late december early january on normal application years so they still have interviews after the class is full.

The class was full last year as of the last interview date in October. People in the November 5th interview date were told that they were interviewing for the waitlist. So yes the school does continue to schedule interviews knowing full well the class is full which is because if anyone decides on a different school they have a surplus of applicants on the waitlist that they can pull off for acceptance. Wasn't trying to start a rumor I just know that the class fills fast and was aware the entire time that my interview date was close to when the class would be full and was then told I got one of the last slots. You're right it doesn't mean they are completely full but based on last year it probably is. Also they state on the website that the class fills by late december early january on normal application years so they still have interviews after the class is full.
I’m pretty sure they sent an email last year that they were full on December 1, not October. According to last year’s thread.

I’m pretty sure they sent an email last year that they were full on December 1, not October. According to last year’s thread.
When I interviewed in the 2019 cycle they sent the email in December that they were full. That year I interviewed in February, subsequently waitlisted and got the R. The class generally fills up between November and December, however, it also just depends on when they send the email. They interview WAY over the number of seats they have.

yeah that's when they sent the email but my friend had the november 5th interview date and they were told at the end that the class was full. So they may have just waited a few weeks to send the email or something. Kinda confusing lol

Has anyone that interviewed around 11/11 heard back yet?

Just got placed on the email that I am on the alternate list: “We will review the alternate pool as we incur openings in the class.” Does this mean that the class is full?

Just got placed on the email that I am on the alternate list: “We will review the alternate pool as we incur openings in the class.” Does this mean that the class is full?
I interviewed at NKY branch

Not applying this year (sorry for everyone with notifications on) but I had a big question. So I am OOS but went to undergrad at UofL. The cost of attendance is $100,000 a year for OOS and their financial aid site doesn't go into much detail. Would any current students be willing to PM me? I'm wondering if I should keep UK on my school list for the upcoming cycle

I interviewed at NKY branch
Doesn’t mean they’re full but it means you’re in the alternate applicant pool, they basically re-review apps as spots open but it’s a WL

For those of you who may not of heard Western Ky was devastated by a tornado last night. Please consider donating to this aid fund created by a student.

We are also collecting donations at each campus student lounge for clothes, shoes, non-perishable food, formula, menstrual products, water bottles, toiletries, etc! If you are local to an area and would like to donate feel free to message me and I can point you in the right direction!!!

Also, I hope any of you all who live in Western KY or have family in Western KY are all safe and have what you need. If you need ANYTHING please do not hesitate to reach out to me.