You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Kentucky
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Last year they said it usually starts moving after a particular date in April (I think April 30). That’s the date when people with multiple acceptances have to make their choice.Decisions are out! Made the alternate pool. Does anyone know when it starts moving?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tylerhall0987
New Member
Is there a groupme or facebook group for accepted students? Would like to join.
medstudent0026
Full Member
There is both a groupme and facebook! The facebook is UKCOM Class of 2026 and the groupme link is listed in that pageIs there a groupme or facebook group for accepted students? Would like to join.
I’m not 100% sure because I wasn’t taken off the waitlist last year. I was told by admissions that the big day for waitlist movement was April 30 so I assume it’s the same this year.Last year people got off the alternate list on March 24. Was there a different timeline last year? I think February 19 people can start saying if they are enrolling but they can have multiple enrollments until April 30 then they have to choose one school and commit.
“After careful consideration, the Committee has decided to defer a final decision on your application pending comparison with other applicants in the alternate pool.
We will review the alternate pool as we incur openings in the class. We will subsequently update you on the status of your application.”
So is this how they let you know if you’re in the alternate pool or are they just yanking my chain.
We will review the alternate pool as we incur openings in the class. We will subsequently update you on the status of your application.”
So is this how they let you know if you’re in the alternate pool or are they just yanking my chain.
Alternate pool/waitlist.“After careful consideration, the Committee has decided to defer a final decision on your application pending comparison with other applicants in the alternate pool.
We will review the alternate pool as we incur openings in the class. We will subsequently update you on the status of your application.”
So is this how they let you know if you’re in the alternate pool or are they just yanking my chain.
Got the WL email this morning. Interviewed 1/27.
They said in my interview that the current class is full. As seats come available, they will take a look at the entire “alternate pool” and select an applicant. They said it could be someone who interviewed very early or very late and it’s completely like another look at all applicants within the pool not just particular interview days.Can someone explain the alternate pool? They’ve been doing this since early December so this list has got to be over 100 people by this point
Alternate pool = waitlist
dr.whatever
Full Member
Additionally, I talked to someone from admissions and they made it sound like they were going to interview everyone before they made any decisions about pulling people from the alternate list. There are interviews till the end of February. So the earliest one would hear would be March. Which follows a timeline similar to last year. At this point you just need to be patient. A lot of us are in the same boat.Can someone explain the alternate pool? They’ve been doing this since early December so this list has got to be over 100 people by this point
dr.whatever
Full Member
Today is the day last year people started to find out about waitlist movement! Good luck everyone!
medstudent0026
Full Member
Any current students in here that are a part of the MD/PhD program? Or did anyone that applied this cycle apply for the MD/PhD program?
D
deleted897683
Did anyone get off the waitlist?
I applied and was admitted to the MD/PhD program this cycle.Any current students in here that are a part of the MD/PhD program? Or did anyone that applied this cycle apply for the MD/PhD program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringdoc1~1
Full Member
Not sure if they’ve had any movement yetDid anyone get off the waitlist?
Just withdrew my app! Hoping one of you lovely people gets off the waitlist! Best of luck.
D
deleted897683
Thank you! Do you mind sharing if you’re in or out of state?Just withdrew my app! Hoping one of you lovely people gets off the waitlist! Best of luck.
blobfish22
New Member
Can anyone tell me if there is a specific spot on the website that says they accept update letters? I’m having trouble finding anything
Thank you! Do you mind sharing if you’re in or out of state?
They were OOS NKY campus
I know they accept letters of intent. Not sure on update letters which I think are different. Either way, last year when I was on the wait list I was highly encouraged to submit a letter of intent.Can anyone tell me if there is a specific spot on the website that says they accept update letters? I’m having trouble finding anything
DOctor Orpheus
New Member
I was told that they do not accept any supplemental materials after the secondary application is submitted (no letters of intent or update letters) whenever I called, at least pertaining to the year you've already applied for.
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
I was also told that any letters of intent would not be considered during the current application cycle. Letters would only be considered for next cycle.I was told that they do not accept any supplemental materials after the secondary application is submitted (no letters of intent or update letters) whenever I called, at least pertaining to the year you've already applied for.
dr.whatever
Full Member
I talked to admissions and it sounds like they haven’t seen a lot of movement so far in the current class
DoctorFlyHigh
Full Member
Just withdrew my acceptance. Hoping one of you will get a call soon!
dr.whatever
Full Member
Any news on waitlist movement?
.
Last edited:
ABF88
New Member
Here you go!Is there a group me or anything for the BG campus? I don’t have any social media so if there’s a Facebook group, I can’t join unfortunately.
https://groupme.com/join_group/84330921/x5CMlMKb
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks!!
blobfish22
New Member
Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement at all for the Lexington campus?
Honestly, I think the cycle is over for this school. I already reapplied so I’m not banking on it.Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement at all for the Lexington campus?
dr.whatever
Full Member
I know Louisville had a ton of movement this year but I haven’t heard anything out of UK Lex campus