2021-2022 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NKY accepted students, join this groupme!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email this morning from UKCOM saying “it is to your credit that you are eligible for an interview should one become available.” Does this mean I’m WL for an interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Decisions are out! Made the alternate pool. Does anyone know when it starts moving?
Last year they said it usually starts moving after a particular date in April (I think April 30). That’s the date when people with multiple acceptances have to make their choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year people got off the alternate list on March 24. Was there a different timeline last year? I think February 19 people can start saying if they are enrolling but they can have multiple enrollments until April 30 then they have to choose one school and commit.
I’m not 100% sure because I wasn’t taken off the waitlist last year. I was told by admissions that the big day for waitlist movement was April 30 so I assume it’s the same this year.

“After careful consideration, the Committee has decided to defer a final decision on your application pending comparison with other applicants in the alternate pool.

We will review the alternate pool as we incur openings in the class. We will subsequently update you on the status of your application.”

So is this how they let you know if you’re in the alternate pool or are they just yanking my chain.

“After careful consideration, the Committee has decided to defer a final decision on your application pending comparison with other applicants in the alternate pool.

We will review the alternate pool as we incur openings in the class. We will subsequently update you on the status of your application.”

So is this how they let you know if you’re in the alternate pool or are they just yanking my chain.
Alternate pool/waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone explain the alternate pool? They’ve been doing this since early December so this list has got to be over 100 people by this point
They said in my interview that the current class is full. As seats come available, they will take a look at the entire “alternate pool” and select an applicant. They said it could be someone who interviewed very early or very late and it’s completely like another look at all applicants within the pool not just particular interview days.

Alternate pool = waitlist

Can someone explain the alternate pool? They’ve been doing this since early December so this list has got to be over 100 people by this point
Additionally, I talked to someone from admissions and they made it sound like they were going to interview everyone before they made any decisions about pulling people from the alternate list. There are interviews till the end of February. So the earliest one would hear would be March. Which follows a timeline similar to last year. At this point you just need to be patient. A lot of us are in the same boat.

Today is the day last year people started to find out about waitlist movement! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Any current students in here that are a part of the MD/PhD program? Or did anyone that applied this cycle apply for the MD/PhD program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my app! Hoping one of you lovely people gets off the waitlist! Best of luck.

Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone tell me if there is a specific spot on the website that says they accept update letters? I’m having trouble finding anything

Can anyone tell me if there is a specific spot on the website that says they accept update letters? I’m having trouble finding anything
I know they accept letters of intent. Not sure on update letters which I think are different. Either way, last year when I was on the wait list I was highly encouraged to submit a letter of intent.

I was told that they do not accept any supplemental materials after the secondary application is submitted (no letters of intent or update letters) whenever I called, at least pertaining to the year you've already applied for.

I was told that they do not accept any supplemental materials after the secondary application is submitted (no letters of intent or update letters) whenever I called, at least pertaining to the year you've already applied for.
I was also told that any letters of intent would not be considered during the current application cycle. Letters would only be considered for next cycle.

I talked to admissions and it sounds like they haven’t seen a lot of movement so far in the current class

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hoping one of you will get a call soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I got off the waitlist this morning for the Bowling Green campus!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Is there a group me or anything for the BG campus? I don’t have any social media so if there’s a Facebook group, I can’t join unfortunately.

Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement at all for the Lexington campus?

I know Louisville had a ton of movement this year but I haven’t heard anything out of UK Lex campus