2021-2022 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I received the interview invite email!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received the secondary invitation! Prompts:
Not sure if they send out different secondaries but the character limits on my secondary are definitely not the same as the limits you've posted

Anybody reapplying to the BG campus? If so, were you waitlisted in the past?

Incoming M1 here at the NKY campus :) if anyone has any questions let me know. You all will rock this app cycle!!
How are the research opportunities and clinical skills classes at the NKY campus? Are most of the lectures online? I would like to apply to this campus but it is fairly new and there is not much information about it online.

Reactions: 1 user
How are the research opportunities and clinical skills classes at the NKY campus? Are most of the lectures online? I would like to apply to this campus but it is fairly new and there is not much information about it online.

PM’d you a lot of details!! If anyone else has questions about NKY feel free to reach out :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For those with II's - how long did it take between the "application is complete" email and the actual II from UKCOM? I'm applying to Lexington and submitted early last week

For those with II's - how long did it take between the "application is complete" email and the actual II from UKCOM? I'm applying to Lexington and submitted early last week
I got my app complete on the 7th of July and got my II the 22nd of July. However, keep in mind I’m ED so the timeline might be different for you!

Hey I was wondering what is unique about NKU campus. When I look on the website I can't find much. It's kind of hard to answer why do you want to go here other than I live here with a good support network. Thanks!

II received today for 8/27! IS applicant to RPLP (Morehead campus), regular decision!!

Any other OOS RD students still not get a secondary? I only ever got the confirmation email saying they'd received my AMCAS.

I received a phone call this morning saying they are now doing virtual interviews. Anyone else nervous about this?

I'm going to be a reapplicant and don't have 2 brand new LORs.... are my chances shot? :(
I asked about this and was told as long as 2 of your LORs are 'updated' then it's fine. Mine just changed their LOR by adding new activities/information I had been recently involved in and that was all the change they needed- I still used the same Letter of recommenders.

I received a phone call this morning saying they are now doing virtual interviews. Anyone else nervous about this?
Yes, I was actually looking forward to the in-person interview. I hope the virtual isn't so stressful

Interview invite just now!! OOS complete 8/9 RD NKY campus

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone from the lexington interviews know what the earliest date available?

Does anyone from the lexington interviews know what the earliest date available?
Earliest i had the option to do was 11/4, anyone know if that’s a super late option?

II received this evening around 5PM EST. I'm regular decision and the earliest date that was available was 10/26.

Received an II yesterday and scheduled through the portal; I did not receive a confirmation email and the portal is no longer accessible, is this normal?

Received an II yesterday and scheduled through the portal; I did not receive a confirmation email and the portal is no longer accessible, is this normal?
I received a confirmation email after scheduling mine through the portal.

I received a confirmation email 2 days after I scheduled mine.

My first II this cycle for the NKY campus. I'm extremely excited about this. I hope others get good news today as well!

I emailed the admissions office and they said that the confirmations are not automatic and will be manually sent out within the week.

Earliest i had the option to do was 11/4, anyone know if that’s a super late option?
Usually the class fills up in December, you should be right on that line of still being early enough. Anything later than December is essentially an automatic waitlist. My first cycle I didn’t interview until the end of February, was waitlisted and ultimately got the R (I was OOS at that time, have since reclassified to IS and did EDP this cycle)

So my interview is scheduled for 11/18 but last year an email was sent out on 11/20 that the Lexington campus was already full. Are things just behind this year or should I be concerned that I'll be too late?

So my interview is scheduled for 11/18 but last year an email was sent out on 11/20 that the Lexington campus was already full. Are things just behind this year or should I be concerned that I'll be too late?
I dont think you should worry too much! I knew a lot of people a couple class cycles ago that applied to UK as their safety school but ended up going somewhere else. So if you end up on a waitlist (if class is full) there is potential to move !

Y’all I got the call and the A today, from a 495 Mcat 2 years ago to a full blown acceptance today. NEVER EVER give up on something when you want it with all of you. I wish the best for everyone, I can’t wait to hear about the incredible physicians you’ll become!

Reactions: 7 users
Y’all I got the call and the A today, from a 495 Mcat 2 years ago to a full blown acceptance today. NEVER EVER give up on something when you want it with all of you. I wish the best for everyone, I can’t wait to hear about the incredible physicians you’ll become!

Congrats!!!! Happy for you!

Congrats!!! Did they call you later in the day? So happy for you!

II for Lexington campus! I'm a nontraditional OOS applicant with strong ties to KY (and Lex). Secondary completed 08/12. The earliest date available for II was 12/07.

Last edited:
Also I know this is HELLA early, but I made a facebook group “UK COM Class of 2026” I can add whoever!

Also I know this is HELLA early, but I made a facebook group “UK COM Class of 2026” I can add whoever!
Hi! I was also admitted yesterday to Lexington. I would love to be added. If you could PM me so you can get my info to add me that would be great! Made an account just for this and couldn't figure out how to message you. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users