2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II @ elmira

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
II at Elmira at around 5 pm. No link to the LECOM app portal, just a link to the google sheet.

PA resident, 504. 3.6

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those that got interviews, how long did it take till you submitted the secondary? It's been a month for me today...

For those that got interviews, how long did it take till you submitted the secondary? It's been a month for me today...
For me, I submitted the secondary to both Erie and Bradenton in June. I received an interview from Bradenton about a month later and just received an interview from Elmira.

Only applied to Erie, primary sent on 7/2, secondary received and submitted 7/6, II received 7/27

did anyone else just get an email invitation to visit the Erie campus?

• Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
For me, I submitted the secondary to both Erie and Bradenton in June. I received an interview from Bradenton about a month later and just received an interview from Elmira.
hmm...it's been a month today, now I'm genuinely scared that I will be under review for the whole cycle like others have mentioned

*Cries and SCREAMS* lol

hmm...it's been a month today, now I'm genuinely scared that I will be under review for the whole cycle like others have mentioned

*Cries and SCREAMS* lol
I feel you. LECOM is a silent school :cryi: They did that to me last cycle.

• Sad
does anyone know why the first round of acceptance is taking so much longer compared to last year?? bc last year people were getting accepted on august 31st and it is sept 15 and we have yet to hear anything lol

does anyone know why the first round of acceptance is taking so much longer compared to last year?? bc last year people were getting accepted on august 31st and it is sept 15 and we have yet to hear anything lol
Because we're all so awesome that they're having a hard time choosing. Duh.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was very short! 6 questions total with the first being describe yourself. I practiced by recording answers on photobooth lol.
“Describe yourself” as in “tell me about yourself”? How did you approach this question?

Really hope we get a portal update by tmmrw.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Seems like most of II are from Elmira campus, maybe Erie campus still taking its time???

I did not and I interviewed there. What did the email say?
it says basically - you have interviewed here now you can attend a tour of our campus. It has a link and you can register for a tour. It only has Friday 9/24 as a choice so far. None for October or November listed.

• Hmm
if I've been complete since early June here and my portal still just says "Your application is under review" should I take that as an R?
Not necessarily. interviews go on for well into early 2022 and who gets interviewed typically isn't based on a linear sequence following the dates in which apps are submitted

Not necessarily. interviews go on for well into early 2022 and who gets interviewed typically isn't based on a linear sequence following the dates in which apps are submitted
I’ve also been under review and it can be a silent R or it can be that they just haven’t gotten to you yet. Last cycle I was under review all cycle and never got an R. This cycle it’s also under review since June. I think Lecom just chooses high stats first and if those high stats people don’t commit by January then maybe they start reviewing the people with lower stats

I’ve also been under review and it can be a silent R or it can be that they just haven’t gotten to you yet. Last cycle I was under review all cycle and never got an R. This cycle it’s also under review since June. I think Lecom just chooses high stats first and if those high stats people don’t commit by January then maybe they start reviewing the people with lower stats
For what it's worth, I have low stats and was offered an interview in July! I'm not sure there can be too much rhyme or reason in a school that gets 16k+ applicants per year!! Keep the faith.

why did my boxes go away after interview and there are no more green or red boxes

I'm thinking that it is highly unlikely for those who chose early decision to all have letters by September 30th.

• Hmm
Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office to ask ab sept 30 :(

Hey guys! How did you go around sending the thank you email after the informational session? Did you email the direction of admissions and then cc’ed all the other speakers that were there? And how soon after should you send the thank you email? Right after the session or can you wait a couple of days ?

applicants who planned ahead better might have all their letters in by July or August
This might be true. But then why have a rigid date for everyone that interviewed before the early decision cut-off? Also, letters aren’t reviewed or entered in by admissions until after they have their informational session.

Hey guys! How did you go around sending the thank you email after the informational session? Did you email the direction of admissions and then cc’ed all the other speakers that were there? And how soon after should you send the thank you email? Right after the session or can you wait a couple of days ?
You should send the same day or in a couple of days.

Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office to ask ab sept 30 :(
i wanted to but i feel like that would just annoy them lol. I assume that they're prob gonna just release all letters at once before the 30th rather than release in waves the way they did last year

For a few reasons, but namely that nobody has reported a status change and it is already the 17th. Going by last years thread, people were accepted by this time already. And still, there were people who elected early decision that waited well into October to hear anything.
why do you think this?

For a few reasons, but namely that nobody has reported a status change and it is already the 17th. Going by last years thread, people were accepted by this time already. And still, there were people who elected early decision that waited well into October to hear anything.
Damn into October??

I assume that after the 30th if people don't hear anything, that's when people will start overwhelming the admission office with emails and calls lol

Damn into October??

I assume that after the 30th if people don't hear anything, that's when people will start overwhelming the admission office with emails and calls lol
They can't be mad at us, after all we did sign a form requesting that we receive our notice by the end of Sep....

Reactions: 2 users
Damn into October??

Let them take their sweet time. As it is. they give you a very short window to make a deposit.

i wanted to but i feel like that would just annoy them lol. I assume that they're prob gonna just release all letters at once before the 30th rather than release in waves the way they did last year
Hi I was in the Informational session for Erie today and she did mention that the letters will be going out very soon

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Hi I was in the Informational session for Erie today and she did mention that the letters will be going out very soon
Thank you so much for letting us know!! Hopefully soon actually means soon lol

I could be totally off, but they way I interpreted "notification by Sept 30th" was that they would have the letters in the mail by 9/30, not that you would receive the letter in the mail by 9/30. just a thought?

I could be totally off, but they way I interpreted "notification by Sept 30th" was that they would have the letters in the mail by 9/30, not that you would receive the letter in the mail by 9/30. just a thought?
ok during one of the sessions on the interview day they stated they would mail out starting on the 15th and everyone would know status by the 30th. It was stated verbally as I wrote it down. so.......

That's how I personally interpreted it as well.