2021-2022 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They’re multiple choice and timed. Time varies based off how many questions are on the exam- it’s the same amount given per question on comlex. Usually you have an exam every 2 weeks. They separate science from non science- so could be closer together if it falls at a time where you’re tested in the non sciences. Usually those exams are once a month.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The class is not full yet. Still another 200 seats left I think.
wow that gives me hope. I really do wish I get an II soon so I don't have to go through the application cycle again.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wow that gives me hope. I really do wish I get an II soon so I don't have to go through the application cycle again.
The Knoxville campus is almost full but still plenty of room in the harrogate campus

are they still sending II? Is the class full?

- complete early Aug and silence :( Did send update letter but nothing.
I got an II 1/19, interview date is 2/11. Was radio silence since August for me too, don’t give up yet!

Reactions: 2 users
The class is not full yet. Still another 200 seats left I think.
That gives me hope been silence complete silence for me and I was one of the first batch to get sent out. Not sure if I should send an update letter or what…. So far I had another 4.0 semester, HIv clinic shadowing and started a job working as a respiratory therapist. Not sure if that an update they are looking for. Just want to get an interview somewhere

2nd year knox here.
1. Pretty common for med schools
2. Basically the school mission, but there are sites in major cities like Knoxville, Memphis, Louisville
3. Can't speak to it, yea wish we had our own hospital, enough spots for everyone though
4. I mean it's an osteopathic school and it's really not overdone
5. Yes but they are accepting people with lower stats giving them a chance
6. None that I've heard
10. None that I've heard
11. Nothing that mattered
12. I mean not really, everything is based off of comlex/usmle
13. Everyone has been doing this?
14. Completely false
15. Sure
16. Not that I've experienced
17. Open 24/7 at least in Knox
18. Don't know about that. Don't think I've had any of those
19. Rich dude
20. Don't know

If you're coming here, you know that it requires doing well and going above and beyond to get a more competitive specialty. Have many PGY1 contacts who have been able to do so.
5. Can I pm you about that I’m low stats but good story and high trend upwards. Need to know if sending an update letter would be useful

For those that have interviewed, what is the interview set up like? How was your experience? How long until you hear back from their decision? How do you get to pick the location you would want to attend ?

Hey all! Was just accepted today!

Was wondering if there was anyone who could give a run down between the academic (research, clubs, opportunists, etc) differences if any between harrogate and Knoxville! Thanks!!

Reactions: 6 users
I got a call today (I have a number checker) while I was at work but no voicemail is that bad???

I got the acceptance call!! Interviewed on 1/14 , this is my first acceptance, it doesn't even feel real

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the acceptance call!! Interviewed on 1/14 , this is my first acceptance, it doesn't even feel real
Congrats! Any tips for the interview? I’m interviewing 2/11!

Has anyone heard anything back from LMU?? I've sent my secondary and was marked complete back in mid-August. Just radio silence.

To those who have interviewed and been accepted... do you have any feedback on the group interviews? or any tips to do well? thanks in advance. Interviewing Friday 10/28.

To those who have interviewed and been accepted... do you have any feedback on the group interviews? or any tips to do well? thanks in advance. Interviewing Friday 10/28.
My interview was very relaxed. It was me, two other applicants, and two faculty. The faculty asked questions and then randomly picked the order of who would answer first then the other two got to answer. I would say just look at the interview questions that students submitted for LMU here on SDN and you will be well prepared.

II received just now but I will be turning it down. Hoping it goes to one of you guys!

Can someone please post the link to the interview feedback page that has the interview questions to practice? Thanks!

For anyone who has been accepted, is the matriculation agreement they ask you to sign and submit binding? Just don’t want to commit myself 100% before the cycle has fully concluded!

My interview was very relaxed. It was me, two other applicants, and two faculty. The faculty asked questions and then randomly picked the order of who would answer first then the other two got to answer. I would say just look at the interview questions that students submitted for LMU here on SDN and you will be well prepared.
Thank you for the feedback!! It is very much appreciated.

3.65 gpa, 500 MCAT, lots of clinical experience (over 3,000 hrs)
My timeline: submitted primary on 8/2/21, submitted secondary on 8/26/21, received II on 1/26/22
I was also complete Aug. Fingers crossed I get an II

II yesterday! Any ideas what LMU's acceptance rate post interview is? This is my second choice school so I would love to get into here.

For anyone who has been accepted, is the matriculation agreement they ask you to sign and submit binding? Just don’t want to commit myself 100% before the cycle has fully concluded!
Nope it is not! I emailed admissions last week and they said it wasn’t binding

Husband got his acceptance call today!! First acceptance so far :)

Got accepted interviewed the 21st. Looks like the Knoxville campus is full so if you want to go there then get on the waitlist asap.

Got accepted interviewed the 21st. Looks like the Knoxville campus is full so if you want to go there then get on the waitlist asap.
Congrats! Did they mention if there is much movement on the campus waitlist? I interview on 2/11 and prefer the Knoxville campus.

Congrats!!! Mind sharing stats?
509 mcat (3rd try), 3.64 graduate gpa, and OOS.
Congrats! Did they mention if there is much movement on the campus waitlist? I interview on 2/11 and prefer the Knoxville campus.
I think they said last year everyone got the campus they wanted except maybe like 3 people.

Does anyone know if I can put a deposit down for the Harrogate campus and be placed on the waitlist for the Knoxville campus at the same time? And if so would the deposit count towards the Knoxville campus too or are they separate deposits? This is all pending an acceptance of course.

I got an II 1/19, interview date is 2/11. Was radio silence since August for me too, don’t give up yet!
Oh this gives me so much hope. I completed 10/27 and sent an update in December and still nothing. Good luck on your interview!

Has it been exactly 1 week consistently for everyone?? (to those that have heard back)
For the acceptance, around that (at least that is what I am seeing on sdn) but then again this isn't science so it varies. Mine was less than a week but I spoke with others who were right at 2 weeks.

For the acceptance, around that (at least that is what I am seeing on sdn) but then again this isn't science so it varies. Mine was less than a week but I spoke with others who were right at 2 weeks.
Congrats on your acceptance! Fingers crossed for those waiting 🤞

I heard back in 10 days

Has anyone heard back from 1/28 interview?