2021-2022 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
With the group interview and closed file format, are the questions still "normal" interview questions? Or are they more ethics/critical thinking/problem solving?

Any II in Feb yet? I've sent updates and complete silence since then.

Members don't see this ad :)
With the group interview and closed file format, are the questions still "normal" interview questions? Or are they more ethics/critical thinking/problem solving?
Yes and no. It was normal conversation and my interviewers were really nice but we were asked to share a story regarding our experience with a physician that left an impact on us, and then were asked one individual question. Mine being "who is my hero and what would I gift them?"

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know how many acceptances med schools give out per seats available ?

Might be a dumb question but when it says deposit due by Feb 12th, does that mean I can pay on Feb 12 too?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone not get an interview and hopeslessly waiting for some hope

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! Anyone has any interview advice?? Mine is next week and I'm nervous about the group style.... What type of questions or topics should I expect besides the traditional why DO, why us, etc?

Has anyone been placed on a waitlist?
i haven't seen any waitlist posts so does this school even do waitlists??
its been complete silence since i applied and i truly don't understand. wish the admissions committee was a bit more transparent about what is going on.

its been complete silence since i applied and i truly don't understand. wish the admissions committee was a bit more transparent about what is going on.
I sent an update letter i believe a week or two ago and never got any correspondence wonder if I should call

I believe the Knoxville campus was reported to be full. I think there are still many spots remaining for the main campus. I interview this Friday, so I’m sure I’ll have more information for you guys

• Care
I believe the Knoxville campus was reported to be full. I think there are still many spots remaining for the main campus. I interview this Friday, so I’m sure I’ll have more information for you guys
Thank you ! You the best

thank you! good luck on the interview

Reactions: 1 users
This isn’t true. My masters program director spoke with admissions and they aren’t even half way done filling seats for both campuses combined. They are extremely behind

Reactions: 5 users
This isn’t true. My masters program director spoke with admissions and they aren’t even half way done filling seats for both campuses combined. They are extremely behind
Well this is great news for me. I was basing my information on an accepted student who had posted earlier in this thread. They had mentioned that the Knoxville campus was filling up and to get on the waitlist early.

adcoms must be busy or somethin cuz not many ii going out in a while.

They had a bunch of interview dates this month so they'll probably start sending out for March soon.

Seriously, I feel like these DO schools will be interviewing well into march and maybe even April/May. The waiting sucks 😫
I just want an interview and acceptance ☹️ So I don’t have to worry about reapplying and retaking the mcat

I should not be on here as often as I am :rofl: hoping you guys that interviewed on the 28th hear today

I just want an interview and acceptance ☹️ So I don’t have to worry about reapplying and retaking the mcat
I feel you, I didn't realize how long just the waiting process could be. But be patient, if there's anything I've learned its that if it's meant to happen, it will. As cliché as it is.

Has anyone heard back from 1/28 interview?
Did they tell you how long until you would hear back? For instance, today's interview session was told within 3 weeks--but people that interviewed previously has gotten it in 1-2 weeks....

Does anyone know how accurate that roughly 80% post interview acceptance rate statistic is?

Does anyone know how accurate that roughly 80% post interview acceptance rate statistic is?
I feel like these statistics are just from forum browsing and hearsay, but lets do some quick math. The class size from last year was 418 (that's a total of both locations) and they got 7148 applications. I have no clue how many people they interview, but with the group interview setting they interview 54 people per session, at least that's what it was for mine. I have no clue how many of the sessions they do per month, but I know for my II, I was offered the 11th and the 18th. Lets just say they do one a week, for some grace in our numbers. Call it 200 interviews a month. Interviews from September to April. 8 months x 200 int/month and we have 1600 interviews for 418 spots gives us 26.125 % interview acceptance rate. If you take maybe only 2 interview days per month (which I think is a little more realistic, conducting 1600 interviews would be a lot), the percentage jumps to 47.5 %. So id say anywhere between 26.125 and 47.5.

I'll veer on saying the 80% rate is probably generous, but this depends on a lot of things, like how many spots are remaining in the class and people declining acceptance and what not.

Did they tell you how long until you would hear back? For instance, today's interview session was told within 3 weeks--but people that interviewed previously has gotten it in 1-2 weeks....
They told us 2 weeks and I heard back on day 12 through email that I was WL

If anyone is accepted within the next few weeks- pls lmk if either of the campuses are full. Been seeing some people saying Knoxville is full and others saying it isn't true. Thanks so much :)

Has anyone gotten accepted that has a below 500 on the MCAT & low GPA? Just curious...

Has anyone gotten accepted that has a below 500 on the MCAT & low GPA? Just curious...
I’ve seen someone accepted with 494 but I think their gpa was at least 3.5
Idk if low gpa and low mcat combo together has gotten in

If anyone is accepted within the next few weeks- pls lmk if either of the campuses are full. Been seeing some people saying Knoxville is full and others saying it isn't true. Thanks so much :)
Sorry for the late post! I got the A call 2/9, interviewed 1/28 and placed in harrogate, they said there are limited seats at Knoxville but will move people around as spots open up

Any current students reading this and have any insight into 3rd and 4th year rotations and sites?

Last edited:
Sorry for the late post! I got the A call 2/9, interviewed 1/28 and placed in harrogate, they said there are limited seats at Knoxville but will move people around as spots open up
Congrats on the A!

Congrats!!