2021-2022 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS ED, just got my acceptance letter via email! The mail was taking too long so I reached out and Ms. French sent me a copy via email. Looking forward to seeing you all in class!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
i got active review email 9/7 and II today but the active review email was in response to a question i had for them
So you had a complete email, an active review email, then the II? Interesting, when were you complete then?

Members don't see this ad :)
II received just now. IS ORM LM: 69 dm for stats. I was complete 7/28

Reactions: 6 users
II today as well!! IS, LM is 64.5 so I'm incredibly grateful!! Secondary completed on 8/2

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone! A lot of us who were accepted to LSU Health Shreveport already have a groupme for the incoming class. If there's anyone who hasn't been added yet or if you get accepted, message me so that I can add you!! Good luck!! Rooting for y'all!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! A lot of us who were accepted to LSU Health Shreveport already have a groupme for the incoming class. If there's anyone who hasn't been added yet or if you get accepted, message me so that I can add you!! Good luck!! Rooting for y'all!!
Congratulations!!🎉 Hopefully I will be able to join after my interview😰 Any tips for the interview? Did the admin seem nice/interested to learn about the interviewees?

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!!🎉 Hopefully I will be able to join after my interview😰 Any tips for the interview? Did the admin seem nice/interested to learn about the interviewees?
I just interviewed yesterday and it went really well. Everyone is super nice and it's honestly just a conversation. Do a little bit of prep to have some common answers in your head but don't rehearse, it's pretty casual. Dress well, be attentive, come with questions. Pretty basic.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Know your application in and out. They will all you about specifics of your reasoning for choosing your extracurriculars. Other than that, be attentive and have some questions for the interviewers that isn’t crazy specific. These people are gauging you off the “can I have a beer with this person” principle. If you got the interview, that means your scores are good enough and your essays are intriguing, they just want to know who you are, so just be you.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So like they said, the interview is very relaxed, and the interviewers really just want to get to know you. They really focused on my personal statement and asked a lot of questions based off of what I wrote for that. I would know your application very well and have reasonings for why you wrote what you wrote.

They want to see that you’re passionate and excited about being a doctor and their program. Just smile and relax!! It was such a wonderful experience, and I’m so glad I chose Shreveport as my home for the next four years!

Good luck!! You’re going to do so well!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
finally got scheduled to interview here for next wednesday, my first med school interview!

any tips for this one in particular??

Did anyone get an email saying their file was complete? I emailed Mrs. French to ask but still nothing.

Did anyone get an email saying their file was complete? I emailed Mrs. French to ask but still nothing.
Are you under preliminary review? If so, that's all I ever got and I interviewed last Tuesday. 🤷‍♀️ Doesn't seem like everyone gets an explicit "file complete" email.

Update: Got the A yesterday! FYI my timeline was "preliminary review" on 7/29, no "complete" or "active review" email, II on 9/29, Interview on 10/12, and A yesterday, 10/19. Hope that helps.

Reactions: 5 users
interviewed today, did not think an interview could be that laid back tbh

Reactions: 7 users
For those who are in "active review" like me, do you already received an invitation for ll?

And for those who transition from active review to ll. How long that transition took?

Thank you for all your answers!

For those who are in "active review" like me, do you already received an invitation for ll?

And for those who transition from active review to ll. How long that transition took?

Thank you for all your answers!
I was under active review 9/30 and received an II on 10/7, so it was exactly one week when I heard back from them. Hope this helps!!

I have a question regarding my application. I have submitted both primary and secondary applications, but have been waiting for my last letter of recommendation to be submitted. Will having only 2/3 letters submitted by the Nov 1 deadline tank my application? My recommender has sort of let me down and I don’t know what to do. I know I should have dealt with this sooner, but I am considering reaching out to another professor tomorrow for a LOR. I was reading that LORs do not have to be submitted until secondaries, but I have submitted mine. Does anybody have any advice?

I have a question regarding my application. I have submitted both primary and secondary applications, but have been waiting for my last letter of recommendation to be submitted. Will having only 2/3 letters submitted by the Nov 1 deadline tank my application? My recommender has sort of let me down and I don’t know what to do. I know I should have dealt with this sooner, but I am considering reaching out to another professor tomorrow for a LOR. I was reading that LORs do not have to be submitted until secondaries, but I have submitted mine. Does anybody have any advice?
I actually had a similar thing happen to me but while I do not think its ideal I would say you have a fair chance at an II if the rest of your application is good. Side note this was last cycle during COVID affecting everything.

I actually had a similar thing happen to me but while I do not think its ideal I would say you have a fair chance at an II if the rest of your application is good. Side note this was last cycle during COVID affecting everything.
Thank you for the advice! I’m going to email admissions tomorrow and update them and ask for the other letter…

thought my decision might come in the mail today but mailman just passed with nothing :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when peeps on the Acceptable List can be accepted off of it and how many do? Thanks!

Any IS applicants waiting to go under active review?

Just got the A! Interviewed 2 weeks ago

Reactions: 9 users
I just had my interview this Tuesday, 11/2, and was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes for a decision? I heard that the admissions committee meets every other Thursday but I was not sure if that was correct!

I just had my interview this Tuesday, 11/2, and was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes for a decision? I heard that the admissions committee meets every other Thursday but I was not sure if that was correct!
Avg 2 weeks and comes in the mail I belive.

This is correct. My letter arrived the following Monday, but it depends on whether or not the committee is meeting the week of your interview.

Anyone under active review for almost a month?
I started 10.19 and haven't heard anything.