You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Mayo Clinic, Rochester (Alix)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
like for receiving secondaries as well
demerp1717
New Member
Yes! Can be done from any campus.Does anybody know if you can pursue the dual MD/MS in Science of Healthcare Delivery through the ASU partnership at any location?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received the MSTP secondary but don't see any MD essays. Should I reach out?Update: It looks like it was a mistake the MD essays posted above got added to my portal now as well
I also don’t have them either. I’m wondering if they only show up if you select to be considered for MD too?I just received the MSTP secondary but don't see any MD essays. Should I reach out?
Ah yeah. As soon as I checked off MD they appeared.I also don’t have them either. I’m wondering if they only show up if you select to be considered for MD too?
Oh whoops my bad, I do not even consciously remembering doing thatAh yeah. As soon as I checked off MD they appeared.
For the Why are you specifically interested in pursuing your medical education at Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine? Please tell us in a few sentences why you are interested in the top choice track you indicated. essay, would it be rude to say that I honestly don't care which campus I'm on an just talk about Why Mayo in general?
Rude? No -- if you don't have a preference, there is no reason to make one up in order to answer a prompt! 🙂For the Why are you specifically interested in pursuing your medical education at Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine? Please tell us in a few sentences why you are interested in the top choice track you indicated. essay, would it be rude to say that I honestly don't care which campus I'm on an just talk about Why Mayo in general?
Hey guys, for the last prompt, I'm not 100% sure what it's asking. "Share with us your thoughts about the relevance – or not – of diverse learning environments in which you wish to learn medicine" sounds to me like a "why is diversity important" prompt but I'm not completely sure
Can I ask when your primary transmitted?I just received one this morning, the only prompt that I see on mine is
In the space below, write a brief paragraph (max. 500 characters) explaining why you are specifically applying to the Mayo Clinic MD-PhD Program.
Interesting that the MD applicants get 500 words and we get a few short sentences 🙁
June 28Can I ask when your primary transmitted?
chipotlebae
Full Member
Does anyone know if we have to be in the 4-year Arizona track if we are interested in the MD/MBA program linked to Arizona State? Or is it possible to apply for the Minnesota track and just move to Arizona for your MBA year?
INeedHelp1234
Full Member
I know sometimes it's being extra to play this game, but does anyone know if applying to more tracks makes a significant difference in how easier it is to get an II/aaceptance or not really?
You can complete the MBA regardless of what site you are accepted to.Does anyone know if we have to be in the 4-year Arizona track if we are interested in the MD/MBA program linked to Arizona State? Or is it possible to apply for the Minnesota track and just move to Arizona for your MBA year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're really asking about degrees of impossible. 🙂 The II rate is 11%, and the A rate is 21% of those who are interviewed, so it's far from easy (basically, 2% accept rate), no matter what you do. You rank them all, unless there is one you would absolutely not attend, because, after all, what's the point of ranking of a track you would never accept, other than to say you were accepted to Mayo and turned them down?I know sometimes it's being extra to play this game, but does anyone know if applying to more tracks makes a significant difference in how easier it is to get an II/aaceptance or not really?
Dreaming_of_dreams
Full Member
What do you value the most in your medical education? You can talk about weather preferences, that Rochester is a good place to raise a family, or maybe a specific research mentor in a field you are interested in. They only want a few sentences, don't overthink it!I'm trying to write the Why Mayo essay, but I'm having trouble identifying reasons why I am picking Rochester above the other options (or any of the other paths for that matter). Do you guys have any specific things you talked about for why you picked Rochester, Florida, or AZ?
INeedHelp1234
Full Member
Regional/state connections?I'm trying to write the Why Mayo essay, but I'm having trouble identifying reasons why I am picking Rochester above the other options (or any of the other paths for that matter). Do you guys have any specific things you talked about for why you picked Rochester, Florida, or AZ?
Someone posted an II from Mayo in the interview tracker, has anyone on SDN heard anything?
NormalUsername42
Full Member
Their website explicitly states they start issuing interview invites in August, so I’m not 100% sure I believe itSomeone posted an II from Mayo in the interview tracker, has anyone on SDN heard anything?
Dreaming_of_dreams
Full Member
yeah that tracker is infamous for having people lie on it so I would take any data on that tracker with a grain of saltTheir website explicitly states they start issuing interview invites in August, so I’m not 100% sure I believe it
Dreaming_of_dreams
Full Member
While doing research for the Why Mayo prompt, I remember seeing a list of Selectives, but now I can't find it. If anyone comes across it, can you send it my way? Ty 🙂
I looked through the website to see what research happens where. For example, I'm interested in Primary immunodeficiencies and the MN campus has many more PID researchers! Might also be worth discussing the patient populations served by each. Just my two cents 🙂I'm trying to write the Why Mayo essay, but I'm having trouble identifying reasons why I am picking Rochester above the other options (or any of the other paths for that matter). Do you guys have any specific things you talked about for why you picked Rochester, Florida, or AZ?
D
deleted1080380
what does this mean?Hey yall are they mcat blind up to interviews!
I am pretty sure it would mean that they don't look at MCATs when deciding who to interview (like UCSF does). Very few schools do this, and I have never heard that Mayo is one of them, given how much it emphasizes stats.what does this mean?
D
deleted1080380
Oh wow, I had no idea. So UCSF doesn't look at MCAT either? Explains their median..I am pretty sure it would mean that they don't look at MCATs when deciding who to interview (like UCSF does). Very few schools do this, and I have never heard that Mayo is one of them, given how much it emphasizes stats.
I assume it means the interviewers don't know your MCAT score when they conduct the interview.what does this mean?
They look at it post interview, but not before. And, they say they don't even require it!Oh wow, I had no idea. So UCSF doesn't look at MCAT either? Explains their median..
I don't think this is what it means. I just think it means the interviewers are blinded to your MCAT score. Not that interviews are given out with no consideration of MCAT score.I am pretty sure it would mean that they don't look at MCATs when deciding who to interview (like UCSF does). Very few schools do this, and I have never heard that Mayo is one of them, given how much it emphasizes stats.
INeedHelp1234
Full Member
I honestly have no clue how it might be work, but if there blind MCAT reviews pre-II, it might designed where stats were put in a rubric and assigned some type of score while a separate individual goes through your application essays without knowledge of your stats. Then, the two assessments are combined for a holistic picture. Just a thought I have no idea how schools that say they're MCAT blinded pre-interview actually workI don't think this is what it means. I just think it means the interviewers are blinded to your MCAT score. Not that interviews are given out with no consideration of MCAT score.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope.Any interviews yet?
Says one on tracker
Yeah but Mayo Clinic's website and MSAR say that they don't start sending out IIs until August and the person who reported one claimed it was sent in July.Says one on tracker
So it was likely a troll?
No specific question on the secondary for you to talk about gap year plans!Is there anywhere on this secondary to talk about gap year plans
No types of "anything else you want us to know" questions? Just curious because I know they don't accept updates until after IINo specific question on the secondary for you to talk about gap year plans!
Not at all. They just have their three prompts along with program/track choiceNo types of "anything else you want us to know" questions? Just curious because I know they don't accept updates until after II
Has the cycle been pushed back here. When I applied before I was rejected in early august.
When were you complete?II! lm75-76 ORM. absolutely floored.
When were you complete?II (AZ IS)!
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
Congrats all! Did you all apply MN 4 year or is there a mix of different tracks who got II?
Congrats my guy!! Which track is it for?II! lm75-76 ORM. absolutely floored.
(E: Complete 7/28)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! I pref'd AZ 4y. Actually, I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum; my bad.Congrats my guy!! Which track is it for?
II !!!! Minnesota campus, lizzy M 82.2 complete 7/18
Minnesota II! 💃🏽 🕺
(LM: 75, ORM, Surprised: Beyond Belief)
(LM: 75, ORM, Surprised: Beyond Belief)