2021-2022 Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does UM have an AOA

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know nobody can tell us where we are on the alt list but can we call about a general position, such as likely to get off the list or not?

I know nobody can tell us where we are on the alt list but can we call about a general position, such as likely to get off the list or not?
I asked about that and they responded by saying they have no idea how many students will withdraw their acceptances

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Do internal rankings make a big difference in how collaborative a class is? The main deterrent from me coming is class ranking, it really scares me. I hate how 20% of our rank now is going to come from preclinical years.

Reactions: 1 user
Do internal rankings make a big difference in how collaborative a class is? The main deterrent from me coming is class ranking, it really scares me. I hate how 20% of our rank now is going to come from preclinical years.
Any school with ranking is going to lead to a more competitive and less collaborative class. That doesnt mean you're going to be with 90 gunners. Theres always going to be the person sharing their quizlet, the m2 giving you tips, etc.

If they never reviewed our application (and rejected us), do we get our money back or something? I mean at least reject me at this point lol. Am I the only one at this point? +1 if you're also in the same boat

Reactions: 2 users
If they never reviewed our application (and rejected us), do we get our money back or something? I mean at least reject me at this point lol. Am I the only one at this point? +1 if you're also in the same boat
+1

Having rankings overall isn’t ideal but if It helps, apparently the students thought it was a good idea to change the preclinical contribution from 10 to 20% because it’s more fair than basing almost everything off clerkships that have so much variability

Members don't see this ad :)
Well today is the day that med schools can officially see what people have in their CYMS, so I’m guessing the next couple days will be the last real alternate list movement if there is any.

I just called them and they're like "we finished interviewing.... you can ask about your admissions status via email". I'm like "hello, we're in May im not dumb. I just expected you guys to tell me that I got rejected since I paid for my app to get reviewed by you". I applied to over 40 schools and this is the only one that didnt give me the courtesy. Sad.

On a more positive note, congrats to all who got in here and other med schools. Today is a super exciting day for all of us!

Reactions: 1 users
I just called them and they're like "we finished interviewing.... you can ask about your admissions status via email". I'm like "hello, we're in May im not dumb. I just expected you guys to tell me that I got rejected since I paid for my app to get reviewed by you". I applied to over 40 schools and this is the only one that didnt give me the courtesy. Sad.

On a more positive note, congrats to all who got in here and other med schools. Today is a super exciting day for all of us!
my app went from under review to R. Never even got scored.

I reached out to admissions multiple times throughout the cycle and they still said I wasn't reviewed yet. It's like they never even looked at my app and just rejected me. Waste of $

anyone get out of wl hell today?

anyone get out of wl hell today?
keep your chin up, like 10 people left the GroupMe chat today. I’m sure there will be more of the exodus.

I know they sent the email about making moves on the alternate list this week, but does anyone have any idea about when they'll let us know this week?

I know they sent the email about making moves on the alternate list this week, but does anyone have any idea about when they'll let us know this week?
Idk. The problem is that schools intentionally over-accept students expecting there to be late withdrawals so its possible that many people decide to go elsewhere and there still wouldn’t be any waitlist movement

• Dislike
Idk. The problem is that schools intentionally over-accept students expecting there to be late withdrawals so its possible that many people decide to go elsewhere and there still wouldn’t be any waitlist movement
yeah it sucks because a lot of us have a deadline to commit at another school / have to deal with housing and cant just wait with a thumb in our mouth lol

Last edited:
I feel like thats a really negative way to look at it. I'm sure Miami will have some waitlist movement, we just have to be patient! Like the fact that no one has heard back yet gives me hope

I feel like thats a really negative way to look at it. I'm sure Miami will have some waitlist movement, we just have to be patient! Like the fact that no one has heard back yet gives me hope
there has been some waitlist movement

• Hmm
Did any accepted students get additional scholarships this week? They said they were going to redistribute the scholarships when people that had some scholarships withdrew from the school.

They might have more offers to make. A good number of people left the GroupMe on 5/2 and it's under 200 users right now (~175)

To all of my fellow alternate list hopefuls:

I just emailed Dr. Weisman and asked what the timetable was for acceptances. He replied "We have just started to go into the alternate list."
So there remains hope for all of us. Best of luck.

• Wow
  • Love
I may have missed this but how do I get into the incoming students group me?

GOT THE A! Super excited to go here. Sending luck to my fellow alternate list applicants

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have an idea of when they'll stop sending A's to the alternate list applicants?

The silence in this thread is killing me, LOL

Does anyone know when alternate list movement will end and when they’ll start sending Rs?