2021-2022 Michigan

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, can deferred applicants receive status updates on any decision date (like in Jan, Feb)? Or are we not revisited until all applicants are reviewed?
 
Hello y'all! I have a question about the optional interview essays. One of the questions asks about your lab experiences and how they can be applicable to a future career as a physician-scientist. I only have one summer of lab research outside of my classes, since most of my research is in the humanities/social science side of things. Since this is an optional question that seems geared toward lab based research, should I leave it blank? Does that look bad? I can write about my one summer of research but I also don't want it to come across as overblowing my relatively small lab research background.

Thanks!
 
Hello y'all! I have a question about the optional interview essays. One of the questions asks about your lab experiences and how they can be applicable to a future career as a physician-scientist. I only have one summer of lab research outside of my classes, since most of my research is in the humanities/social science side of things. Since this is an optional question that seems geared toward lab based research, should I leave it blank? Does that look bad? I can write about my one summer of research but I also don't want it to come across as overblowing my relatively small lab research background.

Thanks!
I left mine blank even though i had tons of research on my app. I felt that was geared more towards md/phd applicants
 
Also, can deferred applicants receive status updates on any decision date (like in Jan, Feb)? Or are we not revisited until all applicants are reviewed?
From past threads, it looks like sometimes deferred applicants get an A on decision dates before March. However, it seems like a lot just get waitlisted in March, too, so I'm not holding out much hope.
 
From past threads, it looks like sometimes deferred applicants get an A on decision dates before March. However, it seems like a lot just get waitlisted in March, too, so I'm not holding out much hope.
Has anybody actually been waitlisted yet or has it just been acceptance or defer
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did people also email the director of admissions with post II updates or other letters? Just worried that they might not get the notification to review the letter
 
Worry not guys! The cycle is young.

Side note: Are they doing pre-II Rs in batches? I have yet to get mine. Isn't the interview season over?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They have a lot of deferrals from last year, so they anticipate fewer II this year. Make sense with the waves of Rs.
I’m guessing you mean deferrals in the traditional sense. What does this mean post II deferred applicants. Possible that they are giving fewer As right off the bat to prevent having to do this again, or am I just coping?
 
Manifesting an II for us all tomorrow
 

Attachments

  • 984343D1-9786-462B-A952-48386427FAD5.gif
    984343D1-9786-462B-A952-48386427FAD5.gif
    203.6 KB · Views: 218
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad