2021-2022 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received the A - was not expecting this today but very excited!
What date did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also received an A. Congrats to everyone else who did! OOS interviewed in 11/12

Members don't see this ad :)
A. I’m over the moon! This is where I’ll be next year. I can’t believe it!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Deferred. Don't know what to make of this.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just got deferred, and this was my top choice. When would it make sense to write a letter of intent if decisions are given out in March?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got deferred, and this was my top choice. When would it make sense to write a letter of intent if decisions are given out in March?
I was deferred last month and would also like to know ab people’s thoughts on this

Also, can deferred applicants receive status updates on any decision date (like in Jan, Feb)? Or are we not revisited until all applicants are reviewed?

Hello y'all! I have a question about the optional interview essays. One of the questions asks about your lab experiences and how they can be applicable to a future career as a physician-scientist. I only have one summer of lab research outside of my classes, since most of my research is in the humanities/social science side of things. Since this is an optional question that seems geared toward lab based research, should I leave it blank? Does that look bad? I can write about my one summer of research but I also don't want it to come across as overblowing my relatively small lab research background.

Thanks!

Hello y'all! I have a question about the optional interview essays. One of the questions asks about your lab experiences and how they can be applicable to a future career as a physician-scientist. I only have one summer of lab research outside of my classes, since most of my research is in the humanities/social science side of things. Since this is an optional question that seems geared toward lab based research, should I leave it blank? Does that look bad? I can write about my one summer of research but I also don't want it to come across as overblowing my relatively small lab research background.

Thanks!
I left mine blank even though i had tons of research on my app. I felt that was geared more towards md/phd applicants

Also, can deferred applicants receive status updates on any decision date (like in Jan, Feb)? Or are we not revisited until all applicants are reviewed?
From past threads, it looks like sometimes deferred applicants get an A on decision dates before March. However, it seems like a lot just get waitlisted in March, too, so I'm not holding out much hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
From past threads, it looks like sometimes deferred applicants get an A on decision dates before March. However, it seems like a lot just get waitlisted in March, too, so I'm not holding out much hope.
Has anybody actually been waitlisted yet or has it just been acceptance or defer

For those with interviews coming up, is the HIPAA training course link down for everyone else as well?

Any other deferred applicants who haven’t been able to imagine going elsewhere since being deferred :=|:-):

Reactions: 5 users
Hi, does anyone know what the deferred list movement looks like at Michigan? Really holding out hope.

Did people also email the director of admissions with post II updates or other letters? Just worried that they might not get the notification to review the letter

Did people also email the director of admissions with post II updates or other letters? Just worried that they might not get the notification to review the letter
I only uploaded a pre-II update to the secondary portal. Their twitter mentioned using the portal checklist, so I did not email the Admissions team.

Received a pre-II R this morning. And with that ladies and gentlemen in this thread, I bid thee adieu.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Worry not guys! The cycle is young.

Side note: Are they doing pre-II Rs in batches? I have yet to get mine. Isn't the interview season over?

Worry not guys! The cycle is young.

Side note: Are they doing pre-II Rs in batches? I have yet to get mine. Isn't the interview season over?
Their last interview day is Feb 4, and if trends follow like it did last year the last Mich Monday (when they send IIs) will be on 1/24. So likely 3 more Mondays left to get an II.

• Wow
Pre-II R. Good luck to those still in the running!

Pre-II R, LM 76, 4th Q Casper, and this was one of my dream schools :/ good luck to everyone else

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
They have a lot of deferrals from last year, so they anticipate fewer II this year. Make sense with the waves of Rs.

They have a lot of deferrals from last year, so they anticipate fewer II this year. Make sense with the waves of Rs.
I’m guessing you mean deferrals in the traditional sense. What does this mean post II deferred applicants. Possible that they are giving fewer As right off the bat to prevent having to do this again, or am I just coping?

I’m guessing you mean deferrals in the traditional sense. What does this mean post II deferred applicants. Possible that they are giving fewer As right off the bat to prevent having to do this again, or am I just coping?
I’m sorry. Accepted students that were deferred to this year’s class due to over admission.

• Hmm
Manifesting an II for us all tomorrow

Attachments

• 984343D1-9786-462B-A952-48386427FAD5.gif
    984343D1-9786-462B-A952-48386427FAD5.gif
    203.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Lolz got the R today. Bummed but so it goes. Good luck to y’all.

Edit: Submitted 8/4. IS. LM 71.5.

Last edited:
  • Care
Lolz got the R today. Bummed but so it goes. Good luck to y’all.
I'm really sorry, but atleast you are not in limbo anymore! I just tell myself peace of mind is better than false hope.

• Care
Pre-II R. Complete first week of August. Good luck everyone!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Pre II R today, complete 7/1. good luck all!

• Care
Does anyone know where we can upload updates? I don't see any option in the portal.