You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Michigan
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also, for the optional competencies question pre-interview, are you guys leaving it blank if you finished all course pre-reqs? Their site has a bunch of examples of alternative ways to fulfill pre-reqs, but I don't need to provide those details if I have the classes, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
noIs submitting a secondary for umich in august essentially a auto-reject?
YMMV. Their 5 year tracker reports that 23% of applications are submitted in August and they account for 10% of all IIs. Auto-reject is in the eye of the beholder, but it does not compare favorably with June/July applications constituting 66% of submissions and 87% of IIs.
Put yet another way, 9% of June/July submissions result in an II while only 3% of August submissions do. That's kind of close to auto-reject, as the number only decreases to 2% for submissions from September on.
It's worth keeping in mind that this includes last year, when everything skewed a little later due to the delayed first AMCAS transmission due to the pandemic. Michigan is unmistakably telling us that August submissions are at a distinct disadvantage, even though auto-reject is technically not true, since 66 out of 495 IIs go to people who submit after July.
Last edited:
NormalUsername42
Full Member
Another day of potential disappointment. The weekly struggle awaits us, comrade!Its already Monday?
Ah **** here we go again…

23 IIs sent out today per the twitter. A bit less than previous weeks but may the odds be ever in yalls favor!
NormalUsername42
Full Member
Another day of realized disappointment. The weekly struggle has bested me again, comrades.Another day of potential disappointment. The weekly struggle awaits us, comrade!![]()

cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
Same 🙁Another day of realized disappointment. The weekly struggle has bested me again, comrades.![]()
Anyone know Michigan’s Post II acceptance rate ? I know there was a excel for all schools a few cycles ago , would much appreciate a link to it for last cycle ?
tennisstar201
Full Member
same.....Another day of realized disappointment. The weekly struggle has bested me again, comrades.![]()
+1same.....
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
complete 6/27, OOS, and no invite...I'm giving up hope at this pointAnyone complete 7/17 and OOS and still no invite?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1113780
Same 😕Another day of potential disappointment. The weekly struggle awaits us, comrade!![]()
D
deleted555445
Still nothing. Sucks but definitely not giving up hope, looking at past years people who completed early were still getting II’s through January. Long road ahead of us!
lol I was complete on 7/8 OOS - but I'm also not sure if they fully review their apps chronologically. They probs stratify apps in ways other than "marked complete". as disappointing as it is to not have received an II over the past 3 Michigan Mondays, I refuse to give up hope till thanksgiving time lol.Anyone complete 7/17 and OOS and still no invite?
Here you go. Looks like it is about 81.4% with IS being slightly higher than OOSAnyone know Michigan’s Post II acceptance rate ? I know there was a excel for all schools a few cycles ago , would much appreciate a link to it for last cycle ?
That is one of the highest I’ve ever seen.
Yep! It makes me nervous wondering what it takes to *not* get accepted post-II, hahaThat is one of the highest I’ve ever seen.
And also, on the flip side, they historically don't usually pull from the waitlist at all...
hang in there!! I don’t have any proof of this but I doubt they only go through apps chronologically. There’s still a lot of II spots and Mondays left!complete 6/27, OOS, and no invite...I'm giving up hope at this point
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
Does anyone know if Michigan accepts letters of interest?
yo what are you all putting for your fun fact, I think thats the hardest question
ECMOrunner
Full Member
II received!!!!! I was not expecting it because I was complete August 3rd (but I also went to Michigan for undergrad so that probs helped me some)
GPA: 3.89 MCAT: 510,520 ORM, IS
GPA: 3.89 MCAT: 510,520 ORM, IS
Another Monday, another day of silence 🥺
braingames67
Full Member
Was complete 6/27 and no II… should I give up hope?
I was complete 6/25 so I’m in the same group. However, I’m still hopeful and you should be too! I’m not giving up until I get that R.Was complete 6/27 and no II… should I give up hope?
I said that I can make ice cream. Try not to overthink your answer too much 🙂yo what are you all putting for your fun fact, I think thats the hardest question
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
this is me :/Was complete 6/27 and no II… should I give up hope?
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
another disappointing umich med monday
brainperson1
Full Member
I was waiting for someone to say something lol - we need a support group or somethinganother disappointing umich med monday
Maybe our collective disappointment will convince them to send more IIsanother disappointing umich med monday
golden_dreamer
Full Member
II today! 3.88, 518, ORM, OOS, secondary submitted 7/3 but application not completed until 7/26 due to waiting for committee letter. don't lose hope guys!!
golden_dreamer
Full Member
also I saw some posts about michigan requiring extra essays after getting the II but I haven't seen any info for that? does anyone who has gotten an II previously have any more insight on this?
I received the info on this in the evening on the same day of getting the II.also I saw some posts about michigan requiring extra essays after getting the II but I haven't seen any info for that? does anyone who has gotten an II previously have any more insight on this?
brainperson1
Full Member
Yes let’s make a petitionMaybe our collective disappointment will convince them to send more IIs
II received yesterday 🙂
ORM, 520, 3.96 (3.98), OOS, 2nd quartile on CASPER
EDIT: Complete on 8/11/21
ORM, 520, 3.96 (3.98), OOS, 2nd quartile on CASPER
EDIT: Complete on 8/11/21
Last edited:
cofactorcoenzyme
Full Member
when were you complete?II received yesterday 🙂
ORM, 520, 3.96 (3.98), OOS, 2nd quartile on CASPER
I think umich has already given out a third of planned interviews (they have a tracker on the website.) what percentage would most people guess that other schools are at. It seemed kind of high tbh
UA Phoenix's tracker says they've offered 137 interviews and they're usually at a bit more than 400 interviews offered per cycle, so they have also offered about 1/3rd of planned interviews!I think umich has already given out a third of planned interviews (they have a tracker on the website.) what percentage would most people guess that other schools are at. It seemed kind of high tbh
Vanderbilt has also offered 156 interviews out of ~550 total, so nearly 1/3 as well.UA Phoenix's tracker says they've offered 137 interviews and they're usually at a bit more than 400 interviews offered per cycle, so they have also offered about 1/3rd of planned interviews!
I’m not a fan of these odds. Seems like a lot sent already
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cs_doc
Full Member
You should read the quote in your signature lolI’m not a fan of these odds. Seems like a lot sent already
Mich started sending interviews quite early and has also consistently sent them out. So, it is unlikely that most other schools (other than a few), are also up to that 33% mark. Also, last cycle schools sent out more invites than normal, so it is possible that 33% number is closer to 25%.
Last edited:
8/11/21when were you complete?
Are any of us really a fan of any of the odds here? Less that 40% of applicants will be M1s next year. Depending on the school, and IS or OOS, the odds of receiving an II at an individual school range from under 5% to around 30%, and this is based on numbers from before the spike in applications last year, so is certainly even lower now.I’m not a fan of these odds. Seems like a lot sent already
The end result of this is that a select few are going to be blessed with an embarrassment of riches, some will be lucky to have a few IIs, and many will be shut out. It's already begun to play out, and will continue until next spring.
We all know this going in. IMHO, observing the obvious after a month or so of IIs going out doesn't really add much to the conversation, and certainly doesn't do anything to reduce the anxiety many, apparently including you, are feeling.
richi108202
New Member
Are they gonna send out invites this Monday? Not sure since its Labor Day.