-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 New York Med
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Zulka
Full Member
1st quartile here with an II, so there is hope!!Looks like this school is definitely using CASPer for screening. RIP me.
My secondary portal link no longer works... should I be worried? Anyone else experience this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1013355
Are you clicking on the link from your secondary invite email or from your bookmarks?My secondary portal link no longer works... should I be worried? Anyone else experience this?
BookmarksAre you clicking on the link from your secondary invite email or from your bookmarks?
D
deleted1013355
click on it from the email, bookmarks don't work sometimesBookmarks
II invite today but the earliest dates I’m seeing are for December. Is anyone else having this issue?
I don't think there's an issue, it's just that's their earliest interview date...II invite today but the earliest dates I’m seeing are for December. Is anyone else having this issue?
I think the very first wave of interviews starts in October, though I may be mistaken as the earliest date I saw was Oct 4th.
lupomed123
Full Member
II today! Complete 6/25, ORM, Canadian, LM 73, 4th quartile casper
Did not receive a confirmation email after scheduling the II.. anyone else?
Did not receive a confirmation email after scheduling the II.. anyone else?
D
deleted1111835
II today! Complete 7/20. Interview dates in December yeeeeeet
mangosports
Full Member
II 🙂 OOS completed early terrible casper score
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! What were you stats?II 🙂 OOS completed early terrible casper score
mangosports
Full Member
511/3.3Congrats! What were you stats?
I have received 0 interview invites!!!! 0!!!! And I submitted my primary on 6/25 and my secondary was submitted on 6/25. Honestly, what gives. At least send me a rejection or something. Anything at all other than silence
hotlinebling0729
Full Member
I have received 0 interview invites!!!! 0!!!! And I submitted my primary on 6/25 and my secondary was submitted on 6/25. Honestly, what gives. At least send me a rejection or something. Anything at all other than silence
Don't worry my guy, plenty of interviews left for all schools!! Patience is a virtue... be like Patrick.
Also... silence > R imo.
There was a post from a student giving their insight from working on adcoms. I guess if one's stats, ECs, and PS don't meet the threshold for II but aren't too bad, they'll be put on hold so the adcoms can look at other applicants before committing to giving an II. Just because they have a finite number of IIs to give and an insane number of applicants to go through.
I'm in the same boat as you brother! I applied here last year in June and got an II in December. Reapplied in mid August this year and haven't heard a peep yet. It's a long and grueling process. Keep you head up!I have received 0 interview invites!!!! 0!!!! And I submitted my primary on 6/25 and my secondary was submitted on 6/25. Honestly, what gives. At least send me a rejection or something. Anything at all other than silence
Congrats!! When were you complete?II just now, IS ORM LM72.
Complete 07/09! Interview slots look to be open from mid-December to late-January.Congrats!! When were you complete?
II this morning, Canadian LM 76, complete 06/30. The earliest date was mid-December!
Has anyone interviewed here yet?
TisTheSeason25
Full Member
Submitted my secondary on 06/30. Haven't heard anything yet. I wonder when they start sending IIs, Rs, etc.? Well, I do know interviews have started already lol.
iwearglasses_
New Member
Hello! Has anyone gotten an interview or accepted into this school without a LOR from their major? I graduated a few years ago and am having trouble getting another LOR from someone in my major and I was told to send an email stating that I want to complete my application as is. I'm wondering if this will just ruin my chances at this school lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From NYMC itself:Hello! Has anyone gotten an interview or accepted into this school without a LOR from their major? I graduated a few years ago and am having trouble getting another LOR from someone in my major and I was told to send an email stating that I want to complete my application as is. I'm wondering if this will just ruin my chances at this school lol
"If you graduated prior to 2019 (this does not include 2019), and are unable to obtain letters of evaluation from your undergraduate or graduate school, we will accept other academically oriented letters. However, keep in mind providing us with the requested letters will strengthen your application."
For those that have already interviewed here, there is no Q&A session or anything the day before right?
No, everything was scheduled on the interview date
NYapplicant61
Full Member
@toetheline another question for you if you don't mind, when did you get your specific MMI time assignment?
Nope it's the day of.For those that have already interviewed here, there is no Q&A session or anything the day before right?
You get it a few days before your interview date.@toetheline another question for you if you don't mind, when did you get your specific MMI time assignment?
plaguedoctor23
Full Member
OOS II with no ties (CA applicant). Surprised by this one! Guess they liked my 1 sentence secondary lol. Complete 7/9. High MCAT, low/mid GPA, URM. II dates are now mid-late January.
Edit: 3rd quartile casper
Edit: 3rd quartile casper
You get a thank you email.For those who have already interviewed, did you get any emails afterward acknowledging interview completion?
Very chill and conversational.Anyone who interviewed here yet want to comment on how stressful NYMC chooses to do their MMI? Or is it pretty chill?
How long after did you get a thank you email? I haven't received one yet.You get a thank you email.
Very chill and conversational.
I got mine about an hour after my interview ended. Check your spam or reach out to them and ask if they have your proper email info/inquire why you did not receive it.How long after did you get a thank you email? I haven't received one yet.
It isn't super important, it just has a thank you, the financial aid video and a link to the NYMC information page.
lupomed123
Full Member
Does anyone know if the “application-based station” part of the MMI is closed file or open file? Thanks !!
It is closed fileDoes anyone know if the “application-based station” part of the MMI is closed file or open file? Thanks !!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if decisions from this school can come out today?
Probably not, their first wave of interviews started on Oct 4th and they said we would hear back in about 6 weeks. So I'd expect the first wave of decisions mid November.
Anyone know if decisions from this school can come out today?
I thought the first wave of interviews was September 27 since that’s when I interviewedProbably not, their first wave of interviews started on Oct 4th and they said we would hear back in about 6 weeks. So I'd expect the first wave of decisions mid November.
I guess I was mistaken about Oct 4th, my bad! But either way, it's only been about 3 weeks since your interview so I wouldn't expect anything until another 3 weeks.I thought the first wave of interviews was September 27 since that’s when I interviewed
Ahhhh the suspense!! LolI guess I was mistaken about Oct 4th, my bad! But either way, it's only been about 3 weeks since your interview so I wouldn't expect anything until another 3 weeks.