-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 New York Med
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those that have received As what were your interview dates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed October 4th and just got an A! Not a bad turnaround time lol.For those that have received As what were your interview dates?
Hmm. I interviewed the following day and this is making me nervous. Anybody hear from 10/5?I interviewed October 4th and just got an A! Not a bad turnaround time lol.
I think people have confirmed to have gotten Rs, holds after interviewing so I think if they wanted you to know, they would have told you. Likely they haven't reached a decision but also I don't know.Hmm. I interviewed the following day and this is making me nervous. Anybody hear from 10/5?
Hang in there!
Hold from NYMC complete 7/20 .. anybody know how many people get interviews from the hold?
I was complete on 7/21 have not heard anything... I am scared
Countrychkn
Full Member
Pre-II hold. IS with 3.6 gpa 515 MCAT. Complete 8/21
Keep us updated if you hear anything!Hmm. I interviewed the following day and this is making me nervous. Anybody hear from 10/5?
medapp9897
Full Member
I got a R , which sucks since I'm instate and my stats are around their average matriculant 🙁. I was complete kinda late, 9/15, which I think hurt me considering it's a low yield school.
I also feel like there are less people reporting rejections so those who got a hold should still have some hope!
I also feel like there are less people reporting rejections so those who got a hold should still have some hope!
Pre-II hold. 3.6 cGPA, 511 MCAT, OOS
lol how many pre-II holds are they sending out; just got a pre-II hold as well
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1No it’s not a silent R I just got the real deal👨🍳
You and me both! Complete mid-AugustI was complete on 7/21 have not heard anything... I am scared
+1Just got the pre-II hold from NYMC, does anyone know if this is a silent R?
Keep in mind there were literal R's sent yesterday as well. You're not out of contention if you got a pre-II hold just like so many of us here.Lmao there’s no way I have a chance at an interview after the amount of pre-II holds they just sent out. I’ll take it as a soft R
D
deleted1101558
Me. I was complete 6/25 and nothing yetHas anyone not received either an R, hold, or interview?
Same. I submitted the secondary 6/30, received complete email 7/22, and radio silence ever since.
cyclistdoc
Full Member
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!A! Just got the email!
Do you mind letting me know when you interviewed? Trying to get a better idea of turnaround time 🙂
+1 OOS Submitted 7/1 and haven't heard anythingHas anyone not received either an R, hold, or interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Phase Rush
Full Member
Also got a hold yesterday
Better than getting outright rejected like last year though!
Better than getting outright rejected like last year though!
JohnJacobJingleheimer
Full Member
Same. Complete around that time but no hold or R yet... whether that's good, bad, or neutral, idk, but there's hope!Complete 7/20 and nothing either.
JohnJacobJingleheimer
Full Member
yup! complete late july and nada. don't think we should read into it though, could mean anything.Has anyone not received either an R, hold, or interview?
A! Just got the email
I interviewed in late September.CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
Do you mind letting me know when you interviewed? Trying to get a better idea of turnaround time 🙂
Yes actually, I can't do the first time account creation. I shot them an email asking about it.is anyone else having trouble with the touro portal
Maybe not the next committee meeting but it will be re-reviewed at some point later in this cycle. You're not out of contention!Can anyone explain what a pre-II hold may mean? Does it mean that they will continue reviewing your app at the next committee meetings?
georgiapremed
Full Member
Does anyone have any advice for the interview? Interviewing tomorrow!
premedicalstudent101
Full Member
are we allowed to take notes for the MMI?
Nope.are we allowed to take notes for the MMI?
D
deleted993132
No. The prompt is visible for the entire time allotted so you can refer to the prompt at any time, they discourage note-taking.are we allowed to take notes for the MMI?
There's a confidentiality agreement regarding MMI content so we can't discuss much. See my post #266 for a very vague overview of the day. TLDR: its low stress and you will be fine 🙂Does anyone have any advice for the interview? Interviewing tomorrow!
edit: lol just realized you're interviewing right now so this is probably not too helpful for you anymore LOL but leaving it up in case any future interviewees have the same q.
From my understanding, note-taking is permitted but not recommended bc there is no point.No. The prompt is visible for the entire time allotted so you can refer to the prompt at any time, they discourage note-taking.
There's a confidentiality agreement regarding MMI content so we can't discuss much. See my post #266 for a very vague overview of the day. TLDR: its low stress and you will be fine 🙂
edit: lol just realized you're interviewing right now so this is probably not too helpful for you anymore LOL but leaving it up in case any future interviewees have the same q.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on the II! That's weird, I only see dates available in January (the earliest being late January). Maybe all the November and December dates got filled?IS II just received! Very excited to schedule it so soon as well (dates as early as the first week of November). Last year when I got an II here in October, I couldn't schedule it until January lol!
That's super strange, it's an MMI so presumably each date can fill ~8-10 people and there were dates pretty much every week? (I just clicked the first date on the drop down, can't remember how far they went)Congrats on the II! That's weird, I only see dates available in January (the earliest being late January). Maybe all the November and December dates got filled?
I took a screenshot of my date/time though, so unless they follow a DD/MM/YYYY convention, my date is indeed next Tuesday.
Attachments
Its possible they sent you an II with the intention of you getting an earlier interview but either way nice and good luck.That's super strange, it's an MMI so presumably each date can fill ~8-10 people and there were dates pretty much every week? (I just clicked the first date on the drop down, can't remember how far they went)
I took a screenshot of my date/time though, so unless they follow a DD/MM/YYYY convention, my date is indeed next Tuesday.