2022-2023 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well that was fun. I think I sweated through 3 shirts

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Sorry if this has already been asked but do they email in addition to calling for A?

Members don't see this ad :)
once again, that email made my blood run cold

Reactions: 11 users
Anyone else on continual review dread attending the NYU seminars ?😭😭😭

Reactions: 1 users
I'm surprised by the lack of As on this thread this year tbh. Its been pretty quiet

Does what Dean Rivera said at the end mean he's no longer calling individual applicants with As and is instead sending emails? Also, did he mean that all decisions would be released Friday or just that they'd be released BY Friday? Always appreciate his candor about the process but was just a little unclear on those points.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does what Dean Rivera said at the end mean he's no longer calling individual applicants with As and is instead sending emails? Also, did he mean that all decisions would be released Friday or just that they'd be released BY Friday? Always appreciate his candor about the process but was just a little unclear on those points.
From my understanding he will not call those who receive the remainder of the acceptances. It will be an email congratulating the individual along with some way of scheduling a personal meeting with him in the future. Whether or not acceptances will be sent out BY or ON Friday was unclear, however, those placed on the waitlist and those who are rejected will receive the decision ON Friday.

Again this is just from what I understood.

Just some speculation but Dean Rivera mentioned that 'Friday is going to be a Big Day', so I kind of assumed it to mean that he was sending out ON Friday?

Reactions: 1 user
Just some speculation but Dean Rivera mentioned that 'Friday is going to be a Big Day', so I kind of assumed it to mean that he was sending out ON Friday?
Based on the fact that they are short staffed I wouldn't expect it to come any earlier but you never know

I wasn't able to attend today, did I miss anything other than "Friday is going to be a big day?"

...what did he say exactly??
Something along the lines of: I see on SDN y'all don't like the emails. I'm sorry for them; I know they induce stress. but, we try to make the subject line very specific, and they are our only method of communication.

I just find it funny that he spends time on SDN just like us. Also, the fact that he cares enough to see how we are feeling on here 😭

Reactions: 3 users
Whether I get A, WL , or R, Rafael Rivera will forever be my spirit animal ❤️

MSTP applicant here. Didn't get any emails (even the info session that seemed to happen yesterday).
Any MSTP As reported so far? is this friday likely to also be decision day for us too? all quite on the midwestern front haha:)

Anyone else realize you can stalk the nyu admitted students Instagram and watch the numbers tick up instead of waiting for As to self-report on SDN

• Wow
Anyone else realize you can stalk the nyu admitted students Instagram and watch the numbers tick up instead of waiting for As to self-report on SDN
We might see only few As, most of them would be WLs/Rs on Friday I believe

• Sad
MSTP applicant here. Didn't get any emails (even the info session that seemed to happen yesterday).
Any MSTP As reported so far? is this friday likely to also be decision day for us too? all quite on the midwestern front haha:)
there is a separate physician scientist thread if you google it which has some info re: NYU

My neurotic hypothesis is that theres at min 0 and max ~17 As to go out. Full disclosure I found the IG page when Dean Rivera mentioned it at the end of Tuesdays webinar, at which point there were 84 follows. Since then it has increased to 97.

The max number comes from assuming the ~30 As yet to come that were promised on Thursday started to go out the moment I found the IG account which is a super faulty assumption. But I’m bored at work and this keeps me entertained so

• Haha
My neurotic hypothesis is that theres at min 0 and max ~17 As to go out. Full disclosure I found the IG page when Dean Rivera mentioned it at the end of Tuesdays webinar, at which point there were 84 follows. Since then it has increased to 97.

The max number comes from assuming the ~30 As yet to come that were promised on Thursday started to go out the moment I found the IG account which is a super faulty assumption. But I’m bored at work and this keeps me entertained so
FWIW, if you’re talking about @nyugrossman26_27, one of my classmates follows it who I know is NOT a current applicant. I hate that I got sucked in enough to even look it up lol but hopefully that helps ease people’s anxieties!

Anyone have a guess (based on prior years) as to when emails will go out? I’m having a hard believing that any As will go out by email — I mean why not call?!?! My guess is tomorrow is for WL/Rs — but I’ll happily be wrong!

not me panicking every time I see a notification for this thread 😭

• Haha
Anyone have a guess (based on prior years) as to when emails will go out? I’m having a hard believing that any As will go out by email — I mean why not call?!?! My guess is tomorrow is for WL/Rs — but I’ll happily be wrong!
with the school being down 2 admin, I'm guessing Dean Rivera is super busy. remember, he is the dean of "THE" NYU Grossman and probably has a lot going on even when the school is fully staffed. I also feel like he would want to have an actual phone conversation welcoming students to the school, not just a quick one minute "you're in" and done. so if he doesn't have time to do that, he's gonna wait until he does...

for these reasons I am holding out hope that some of us will receive an A in our inbox tomorrow morning!

Dean Rivera told us that the remaining acceptances will go out via email ONLY by the end of this week (tomorrow I am guessing). He will open up the opportunity for all admitted students to then schedule Zoom sessions with him if they want to talk more about the school.

Based on past years, the email will probably be sent around 5pm EST is my guess. In the meantime, keep your heads up y'all. I think the 30 or so A's are being emailed out with the rest of the batch, but we'll see <3

this might be a stupid question but how would someone get doxxed?
Because Dean Rivera has special powers beyond human comprehension. All jokes aside, this man is a gem. The transparency and sincerity decreased SO much stress!!!

Has anyone asked what time they're sending out decisions? based on previous discussions seems like 5 pm but j curious if anyone had further insight

Not sure, but I know some people mentioned it on last years thread lol. It definitely doesn't matter but neuroticism is strong.

Also I posted earlier but wanted to re-ask if anyone had any insight. Someone said they intend to give out ~110 A's the first round, yet last year they gave out a total of ~205 A's (including WL). Does that mean they plan to give out 80 additional A's in the waitlist? Or even more? With more schools expanding merit aid and rankings kinda going away do you think they will have worse yield? Just speculating during this wait lol
I am pretty sure Dean Rivera mentioned that there were ~150 acceptances granted last year (110 initial and ~40 WL), not 205 unfortunately.

I am pretty sure Dean Rivera mentioned that there were ~150 acceptances granted last year (110 initial and ~40 WL), not 205 unfortunately.
Interesting. On the post-II spreadsheet it says 205 and that's directly from USNews.

edit: might be from 2021 not 2022..

Interesting. On the post-II spreadsheet it says 205 and that's directly from USNews.

edit: might be from 2021 not 2022..
That spreadsheet includes MSTP A's as well.

Just got the A right now via email!! Heart literally stopped …

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users