You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 NYU (Grossman)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ear_BS
Full Member
where did you get this information from? MSAR? Couldn't find itAccording to AAMC, 40 out of 250 ppl from WL got accepted in 2021-2022 cycle. I think Dean Rivera said that LoIs don't really make a difference because he knows everyone wants to come to NYU lol
Volkner243
Full Member
where did you get this information from? MSAR? Couldn't find it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nora.Ephron
Full Member
I had the same question, idk if there’s one but if someone does know, please share 🙂Hello! Does anyone know if a group chat has been made for accepted students, and if so, would anyone be able to send the link? Thanks!
ConsomméProfessional
Full Member
Last year it was 4/25does anyone know when the zoom about the WL is supposed to be? i know he said april but has anyone gotten any further info?
sunshine&hope
Full Member
Does anyone have historical data from SDN suggesting there is waitlist movement after 4/15 and before the 4/30 plan to enroll deadline? I can see waitlist movement in early May but I wondered if any movement happens after applicants go down to holding only 3 acceptances.
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
I don't think so...it prob makes the most sense for them to just wait to convene after the 4/30 deadlineDoes anyone have historical data from SDN suggesting there is waitlist movement after 4/15 and before the 4/30 plan to enroll deadline? I can see waitlist movement in early May but I wondered if any movement happens after applicants go down to holding only 3 acceptances.
Volkner243
Full Member
How's everyone feeling about their WL odds? I am more optimistic than I should be lol... have been super pessimistic this entire cycle so I figured why not channel all my positive energy into this single decision. ⭐🌟⭐
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
Just trying to act nonchalant to fool the universe into thinking I don’t care🤩How's everyone feeling about their WL odds? I am more optimistic than I should be lol... have been super pessimistic this entire cycle so I figured why not channel all my positive energy into this single decision. ⭐🌟⭐
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
wait is that true? wouldn't they be number 1 after the mass exodus of schools from US news?Maybe the drop in NYU's ranking from 2 to 11 for the coming year will help with waitlist movement. lol
D
deleted1141024
2 to 13* https://www.usnews.com/education/be...s-news-best-medical-schools-research-rankingsMaybe the drop in NYU's ranking from 2 to 11 for the coming year will help with waitlist movement. lol
ConsomméProfessional
Full Member
Was on my phone when they sent that waitlist info session email, and the notification banner that popped up cut all of the text except "We are excited to..." Very nearly threw up
beepbeep1999
Full Member
Can someone please post a summary of what Dean Rivera talks about at today’s WL info session? I can’t make it bc of work but would greatly appreciate it 😊
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happycroissant
Full Member
I'll be there and would be happy to post a summary.Can someone please post a summary of what Dean Rivera talks about at today’s WL info session? I can’t make it bc of work but would greatly appreciate it 😊
Volkner243
Full Member
Idk about yall but I'm just happy to see Dean Rivera again....such a wholesome dude 😎
happycroissant
Full Member
This year, they accepted 120 students (10 more than last year). Currently, there are 104 PTE for 92 MD spots. By next week, that # is expected to drop below 92. The waitlist is a little less than 200 people. Last year, 40-50 students were accepted off the waitlist. This year, they’re expecting 30-40 acceptances from the waitlist. Acceptances from the waitlist will go out no earlier than May 2. When acceptances go out, you will be notified via email, not via phone. If accepted, you will have 1 week (5 business days) to confirm the acceptance. Otherwise, the acceptance will be rescinded.
If you have committed to enroll elsewhere, but NYU Grossman is still your top choice, send a letter of intent. Otherwise, a letter of intent has no impact on your ability to move off the waitlist. Even if you sent a letter previously, send another one this week.
Rejections will begin going out (for those still on the waitlist) by mid-May so that they may begin “whittling down” the waitlist.
If you have committed to enroll elsewhere, but NYU Grossman is still your top choice, send a letter of intent. Otherwise, a letter of intent has no impact on your ability to move off the waitlist. Even if you sent a letter previously, send another one this week.
Rejections will begin going out (for those still on the waitlist) by mid-May so that they may begin “whittling down” the waitlist.
ConsomméProfessional
Full Member
Any mention of a final day by which they will send acceptances off of the waitlist? I remember Dean Rivera saying something like that during the info sesh day
happycroissant
Full Member
He said there were three rounds of acceptances from the waitlist last year beginning in May and ending in mid-May. Also, this year would likely be May 2, May 9, and (if necessary) May 16. After that, the remaining applicants on the waitlist would likely receive rejections.Any mention of a final day by which they will send acceptances off of the waitlist? I remember Dean Rivera saying something like that during the info sesh day
ConsomméProfessional
Full Member
Thank you!!!He said there were three rounds of acceptances from the waitlist last year beginning in May and ending in mid-May. Also, this year would likely be May 2, May 9, and (if necessary) May 16. After that, the remaining applicants on the waitlist would likely receive rejections.
happycroissant
Full Member
To clarify, the 104 students mentioned are those currently holding acceptances (some have PTE'd, some have not).This year, they accepted 120 students (10 more than last year). Currently, there are 104 PTE for 92 MD spots. By next week, that # is expected to drop below 92. The waitlist is a little less than 200 people. Last year, 40-50 students were accepted off the waitlist. This year, they’re expecting 30-40 acceptances from the waitlist. Acceptances from the waitlist will go out no earlier than May 2. When acceptances go out, you will be notified via email, not via phone. If accepted, you will have 1 week (5 business days) to confirm the acceptance. Otherwise, the acceptance will be rescinded.
If you have committed to enroll elsewhere, but NYU Grossman is still your top choice, send a letter of intent. Otherwise, a letter of intent has no impact on your ability to move off the waitlist. Even if you sent a letter previously, send another one this week.
Rejections will begin going out (for those still on the waitlist) by mid-May so that they may begin “whittling down” the waitlist.
Volkner243
Full Member
Does anyone have a link to the 2023-2024 M1 calendar??
happycroissant
Full Member
Does anyone have a link to the 2023-2024 M1 calendar??
MD Academic Calendar | NYU Langone Health
NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s academic calendar provides important dates for medical students in one of our MD pathways.
Volkner243
Full Member
GOOD LUCK to everyone on the waitlist!!! Hopefully tomorrow is a big day for many of us!
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
Last year, the first A (on sdn at least) came at 6:48 pm EST, so I expect emails will go out in the evening😬
How do you view the timestamp on an old post? I can only see the dateLast year, the first A (on sdn at least) came at 6:48 pm EST, so I expect emails will go out in the evening😬
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
Hover your cursor over the dateHow do you view the timestamp on an old post? I can only see the date
AcceptanceCraver2023
Full Member
Maybe all 104 students declined their acceptances and everyone on the waitlist will get in! 😁😎
/s
/s
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
And then you wake upMaybe all 104 students declined their acceptances and everyone on the waitlist will get in! 😁😎
/s
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
damn is that it? do they send them all out at once?😢accepted off MD waitlist
beepbeep1999
Full Member
accepted off the MD waitlist as well!!!! so excited :') got the email shortly after 6pm EST if people are curious
Volkner243
Full Member
Gotta wait another week it seems 😵
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
are we expecting any more WL movement this week or should I give up hope now?
AcceptanceCraver2023
Full Member
Based on what Dean Rivera said, there will probably be a small(er) amount of movement today.are we expecting any more WL movement this week or should I give up hope now?
TheRealBillBelichick
Full Member
is it time to give up hope
TheRealBillBelichick
Full Member
it's a slow and painful death
Volkner243
Full Member
Hang in there Bill. You never know!it's a slow and painful death
ConsomméProfessional
Full Member
😕
TheRealBillBelichick
Full Member
Rejected off waitlist. We're on to Cincinnati.
ConsomméProfessional
Full Member
Rejected off waitlist. Good luck everybody, wherever you’re going is lucky to have you ✌🏻
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AcceptanceCraver2023
Full Member
Anyone else waitlisted and yet to hear anything?
+1Anyone else waitlisted and yet to hear anything?
beepbeep1999
Full Member
Is there a groupme/other group chat for accepted students?
Also, wishing the best to all of y'all on the WL!!
Also, wishing the best to all of y'all on the WL!!
Volkner243
Full Member
Any updates today yall? 😢 Still sitting in complete silence
Volkner243
Full Member
For those still on the WL, have you received any additional updates?