2022-2023 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Post II R

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Post II R as well. Interviewed 12/13. Shout-out to Dean Rivera for the best interview process I’ve had and good luck to everyone still in the running!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Post-II R interviewed 12/13, good luck to everybody still in the running!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I got my post-interview CR email a few hours ago today, had my interview on 12/13. Be warned – the CR email sounds like a rejection email at first!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Decisions for all the CR folks come out next week based on last cycle's trend. Good luck to everyone!!! Being able to even interview at NYU is already a blessing 🙏

Does anyone get accepted outright? The few users debating above leaves me confused.

Placed on CR after a mid Dec Interview

Does anyone get accepted outright? The few users debating above leaves me confused.

Placed on CR after a mid Dec Interview
I am 99% sure that almost everyone who gets accepted will receive a CR email first.

12/14 and nope!
From prior threads, it doesn’t seem like anyone gets accepted on the final decision day (only reported WLs or Rs). So it seems like you are destined for a WL or R if you haven’t received a call prior to next Friday. Anyone agree or disagree with this “theory” … only a guess of course based on what gets reported on SDN ;). Good to everyone.

Reactions: 6 users
I know dean Rivera said he spaces the a’s but he didn’t say they space the r’s. Doesn’t it make sense that dec interviewees would have a higher portion of r’s Bc there is less reason to place them on cr with no more interviews?

From prior threads, it doesn’t seem like anyone gets accepted on the final decision day (only reported WLs or Rs). So it seems like you are destined for a WL or R if you haven’t received a call prior to next Friday. Anyone agree or disagree with this “theory” … only a guess of course based on what gets reported on SDN ;). Good to everyone.
is it possible for the final decision day to be this Friday - the 13th. I interviewed a couple of months ago so I'm not too familiar with these final decision day dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it possible for the final decision day to be this Friday - the 13th. I interviewed a couple of months ago so I'm not too familiar with these final decision day dates.
That seems to be the consensus here but the truth is that none of us really knows for sure. 🤷‍♀️

Why do I have a feeling that calls were given out today but no one posted :confused:

I hear ya! This thread has been oddly quiet with As. From my count (though I’m admittedly delirious from waiting), only 3 people have reported being accepted. Certainly many, many more have been. I agree decision day is likely Friday …. Here’s to hoping, wishing and praying that As go out every day (including Friday ;).

At my interview day they said there could be some movement before January but the grand majority of acceptances, WL, and rejections for interviewed applicants will come in mid January.
Is there any indication acceptances will be sent on last day? Last years threads resulted in only WL and R right?
Any reason to think that changes?

I’ve looked back on several years of SDN threads and I can’t find any report of a person being accepted on the final day when decisions are released (doesn’t mean it didn’t happen but it seems unlikely). Appears only waitlist and rejections are announced via email on the last day. Re the last day, last year it was 1/14 but prior years it has been even earlier (1/3) or later (1/29). So hard to say — it may not be this Friday ….

Reactions: 4 users
I’ve looked back on several years of SDN threads and I can’t find any report of a person being accepted on the final day when decisions are released (doesn’t mean it didn’t happen but it seems unlikely). Appears only waitlist and rejections are announced via email on the last day. Re the last day, last year it was 1/14 but prior years it has been even earlier (1/3) or later (1/29). So hard to say — it may not be this Friday ….
I have same observation. Not expecting many A's if any

so is everyone else still waiting on a call or should I be expecting a WL/R soon… :(

Reactions: 9 users
idk if anyone else is MSTP but cycle track says it was 1/16 last year, so fingers crossed but it could be either today but more likely next week

Based on how quiet things have been on this thread all week, my guess is today is NOT the day for final decisions. NYU’s admissions page says all MD applicants will hear a decision in “January” and in prior years it has been as late as 1/29 with calls being made as late as 1/28 (as reported on SDN … so grain of salt there). Sending good luck and patience to all as the WAIT continues.

Based on how quiet things have been on this thread all week, my guess is today is NOT the day for final decisions. NYU’s admissions page says all MD applicants will hear a decision in “January” and in prior years it has been as late as 1/29 with calls being made as late as 1/28 (as reported on SDN … so grain of salt there). Sending good luck and patience to all as the WAIT continues.
Sums up my thinking. Even last year I believe there was a reported acceptance the day before the WL/R results

Did anyone receive an email invitation for a curriculum and financial aid Zoom call? Not sure if this means an A or waitlist???

Did anyone receive an email invitation for a curriculum and financial aid Zoom call? Not sure if this means an A or waitlist???
scared the **** out of me, but im not sure that it means anything besides still being on CR

Yeah that was uncalled for! I basically came to terms with my rejection in the five second period between seeing the email and reading it.

Me over here playing detective trying to figure out if getting invited to a January 24th webinar means we won't hear back from admissions until the end of January.
Conspiracy It's Always Sunny.jpeg

• Haha
Screenshot_20230107-181340_Instagram.jpg

Me showing up to the webinars after getting the rejection that's coming my way on Friday

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone attended a "webinar" at NYU before? I'll be busy this Thursday; I'll be able to listen but won't be able to share video. I've attended webinars at other schools and they've sometimes been camera off for everybody. Does anyone know if it's the same way at NYU? Also, does anyone know if attendance will have an influence on the admissions decision?

Has anyone attended a "webinar" at NYU before? I'll be busy this Thursday; I'll be able to listen but won't be able to share video. I've attended webinars at other schools and they've sometimes been camera off for everybody. Does anyone know if it's the same way at NYU? Also, does anyone know if attendance will have an influence on the admissions decision?
I plan on attending but I doubt it will influence admissions, Dean Rivera says letters of interest/intent have little to no bearing on admissions, so I dont see why attending an information session would. It's most likely just for our own benefit.

That’s a lot more than I thought no?

We’re talking about pre WL A’s right?

I wonder if this means that we're not getting final decisions this week. That a lot of phone calls that need to go out by tomorrow if tomorrow is the day.
Dean Rivera said that they are trying to finish by next week! They’re down two admin so that’s why A’s have been slow.

Reactions: 4 users
30 As would be a lot for him to give out tomorrow, so we're probably looking at this torture being drawn out into next week...

that being said, shoutout to Dean Rivera for the transparency

Should I write this residency application or wait until decisions next week? Also, every medical school should have a program like this. It's amazing.

Should I write this residency application or wait until decisions next week? Also, every medical school should have a program like this. It's amazing.
Yup I also thought this was an incredible opportunity. Personally I am planning to wait until decisions are released, because if I get the R I would have wasted a few hours of my time to fill it out haha.

Yeahhhh but you gotta do a residency in NYC is the downside. It’s especially brutal over there. A lot of scutwork.

Yup I also thought this was an incredible opportunity. Personally I am planning to wait until decisions are released, because if I get the R I would have wasted a few hours of my time to fill it out haha.
Yea, I was about to start the tertiary application but then I had a terrible interview experience and got rejected a week later :/

im suprised we havent heard any As today, making me nervous
i read in last year's thread he likes to call at the start of his working day and at the end, so maybe some today around 5EST...
(the hours of 9-10AM and 4:30-6PM are my daily designated nervousness time)