2021-2022 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Late afternoon from what I've seen on here. It's been literally 6 weeks for me so if it ain't today it ain't never. Just kidding, more copium...but please give me a response nyu :(
Still silent? šŸ˜«

Members don't see this ad.

Dean Rivera, if ur reading this, I just want you to know your sales pitch was incredible and the best one I've heard yet. Highly convinced that you can sell water to a whale
While I'm sure he appreciates the kind words, T5 free tuition in one of the world's leading cities kind of sells itself. Not exactly water to whales. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
While I'm sure he appreciates the kind words, T5 free tuition in one of the world's leading cities kind of sells itself. Not exactly water to whales. :laugh:
Yea i mean I get it, but I'm MD/PhD so things are free regardless so the tuition free thing isn't really something I personally gave much thought

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea i mean I get it, but I'm MD/PhD so things are free regardless so the tuition free thing isn't really something I personally gave much thought
Very true!!!

Woah II just now, how in the world... 7/10 complete. edit: lots of dates in december

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
+1 II, complete 7/11. Had completely written my chances for this one off! Super excited

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
+2 II, complete 8/18, URM, LM 72. Y'ALL I AM SHOOOOOK!!!! WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS ONE AT ALL

Reactions: 3 users
Very unexpected II! Complete 9/4. Info in signature.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody have any tips for the interview? I am interviewing later this week and am starting to feel that pressure!

Reactions: 1 user
II Today, Complete ~Sept 10th, LM 72, WARS 88. Definitely in shock.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody have any tips for the interview? I am interviewing later this week and am starting to feel that pressure!
no one can give any tips of meaning as it is against the confidentiality agreement, be urself tho

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that have interviewed, when did you all receive your schedule and zoom link? I have yet to receive mine for tomorrow

cat-jump.gif

Good luck guys! Hoping there are some acceptances tomorrow :giggle:

7 weeks no post II response, going for the record ya'll

• Haha
Mayhaps wishful thinking, but since Thanksgivingā€™s coming up, I wonder if theyā€™ll try to zero out as many applications as possible today so that the admissions team has more of a break next week?? Or they might just wait until after break lmao

Got a continuing review email post interview. Does anybody know if thatā€™s basically an R?

Got a continuing review email post interview. Does anybody know if thatā€™s basically an R?
It means youā€™re still in the running for an acceptance! You made it past the rejections, and will probably get the A or WL in the next week or two!

It means youā€™re still in the running for an acceptance! You made it past the rejections, and will probably get the A or WL in the next week or two!

Have people been getting WLed already? I was under the impression that after the continuing review email we could still get an A or R at any time but that WL starts to happen after ~100 As have already been given out around January. Regardless, I think there are lots of us (most of us?) who have waited longer than a few weeks after getting the continuing review email to hear anything further.

Have people been getting WLed already? I was under the impression that after the continuing review email we could still get an A or R at any time but that WL starts to happen after ~100 As have already been given out around January. Regardless, I think there are lots of us (most of us?) who have waited longer than a few weeks after getting the continuing review email to hear anything further.
Yeah, I interviewed on 9/29 and got continued review on 10/22. Still waiting to hear back. Good luck to everyone!

Just got the pre-II R, not exactly surprised but best of luck to everyone!
Complete 7/13, LM 75, ORM

Pre-II R. Complete early July. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

My 528/3.975 buddy just got a pre-II axe, wonder wtf NYU wants these days jfc

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
My 528/3.975 buddy just got a pre-II axe, wonder wtf NYU wants these days jfc

Tell me about it... 528/4.0 and just got the R :( I completed my secondaries kinda late and this the second school I've heard back from, I just hope this isn't a sign that I have a big R storm coming

• Care
Tell me about it... 528/4.0 and just got the R :( I completed my secondaries kinda late and this the second school I've heard back from, I just hope this isn't a sign that I have a big R storm coming
incredible stats. Am wandering what your ECs look like?

Yeah I mean I'm not them and don't know if their NYU secondaries were awful, but they got into WashU and have II's at pretty much all other stat ****** lol so their primary and writing skills, app in general is obviously good enough

Also been seeing more low MCATs get II's here so maybe NYU is turning more holistic unironically...but then again this is a very small sample size

Pre-II R earlier today. Complete 9/2. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
received an A recently - overwhelmed, there are no words. interviewed early nov. wishing everyone the best of luck!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Joining the pre-II R crowd, complete 7/30.

I sent in a pre-II update letter last week, my first thought was they didn't like my update until I saw everyone seems to have gotten axed today!

• Care