2021-2022 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Agree with the chilling on the neuroticism, but can drop some info. I was talking to the admissions office earlier and they mentioned that next week is the last week of the interview cycle. That means 80 interview slots remaining, but I am sure that most of those IIs have gone out already since the dates are not far away and we are nearly at the end of this business week.
Any news on acceptances so far ?

Members don't see this ad.

Been on continued review since two months ago, I just want to be put out of my misery and constant pondering over my fate at this school, expecting a WL or R at this point, anyone else feel the same?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
R today - thought my interview went as well as it could have, but oh well. Pleasure interviewing here and best of luck to everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed week of 11/15. placed on continued review

Reactions: 4 users
When are acceptance calls typically made?
after your interview and typically before you're rejected, but it's school-dependent.

(Also I seem to remember Dean Rivera saying either early morning before 10a or afternoon after 4p but not too late? But I also haven't gotten one so idk)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R just now, complete first week of August. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
On days when they send out pre-II Rs, are they sent all at once, or do they send them throughout the day?

I've been on continued review for 2 months and every week I get my hopes up thinking I could get the call and its driving me crazy

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Rejected earlier today, complete july. Good luck to everybody still in the running

• Love
Connected with someone who went to the information session yesterday and just wanted to update everyone on here too. According to them, Dean Rivera said that 77 As have been made.

Last edited:
Connected with someone who went to the information session yesterday and just wanted to update everyone on here too. According to them, Dean Rivera said that 77 As have been made.
Aww.. I got put on continued review about 3 months ago ... starting to think I won’t get the call back 😭😭.

Aww.. I got put on continued review about 3 months ago ... starting to think I won’t get the call back 😭😭.
Keep your head up brother. (Easier said than done, I know, I know) It's not over till it's over. I'm sure you're going to have so many incredible options looking at your signature.

based on this i think theres about ~20 - 30A's left to make, considering starting class is like 92 people

and a significant amount of the remaining A's are going to go to MD/PhDs

they will then accept the necessary number off the WL to get to their desired size

edit: the fact about 92 is the ideal class(including both md and mdphd) info is from the dean

Last edited by a moderator:
Found some /slightly/ encouraging info from last year’s thread, courtesy of @KnightDoc:

“No. MSTP is separate. The last reported data on MSAR has NYU matriculating 103 MDs and 11 MD/PhDs. I am pretty sure I am correct, and they issue 150 MD As to seat a class of 100.

What was pretty widely reported, both last year as well as this year, is that they initially give out around 100 As (they don't overbook the class) and then pull around 50 off the WL. This is consistent with a 2/3 yield -- 100 initial As yields 67 matriculants, and around 50 people off the WL yields around 33 matriculants. Remember, free tuition for all is quite a lure, but, ultimately, tippy top candidates receive merit and/or need based money from other top schools, so money doesn't drive the decision for everyone.”

Found some /slightly/ encouraging info from last year’s thread, courtesy of @KnightDoc:

“No. MSTP is separate. The last reported data on MSAR has NYU matriculating 103 MDs and 11 MD/PhDs. I am pretty sure I am correct, and they issue 150 MD As to seat a class of 100.

What was pretty widely reported, both last year as well as this year, is that they initially give out around 100 As (they don't overbook the class) and then pull around 50 off the WL. This is consistent with a 2/3 yield -- 100 initial As yields 67 matriculants, and around 50 people off the WL yields around 33 matriculants. Remember, free tuition for all is quite a lure, but, ultimately, tippy top candidates receive merit and/or need based money from other top schools, so money doesn't drive the decision for everyone.”
Correct. The actual number might be closer to 135 than 150, because the MD only number is 92, not 100, but the MSTP pool is totally separate, with very different yield characteristics.

I'm very sure the dean was referring to MD only in his reference to 77 As. There are probably going to be another 20 or so As going out between now and January, with an additional 35 or so people to be called off the WL as people drop their As.

Last edited:
Continuing review on Friday. Congrats to people accepted (though they don't seem to be on SDN and I admire that fully) and to those with Rs, I hope your med school dreams come true ❤️

According to 2021 Med School Post-II Acceptances - Google Drive, NYU accepted 205 with a total enrollment of 102.

They do accept updates but I think Dean Rivera said LOI’s don’t mean all that much.

Continued Review! Honestly so happy it’s not a flat out rejection

I got the continuing review email 7 weeks ago now... Haven't heard anything since. Do people know if students get accepted this long after continuing review?

I got the continuing review email 7 weeks ago now... Haven't heard anything since. Do people know if students get accepted this long after continuing review?
7 weeks for me too now, I’m also curious to know if our odds diminish with time passing…

This could 100% be false and I don't want to piss anyone off but I saw a tweet from a reported current MS3 at NYU saying that MS1's were being sent home because of current student infections and the anticipated Omicron wave hitting us soon. Anyone know if this is actually true?

• Wow
I attended info sessions on a different week than my interview. Does anyone know when folks who interviewed the week of 12/6 might hear about decisions?

I know it’s always a hopeful timeline 😊

Any updates on where the acceptance numbers are from today’s info session?

Any updates on where the acceptance numbers are from today’s info session?
Dean Rivera said ~68 MD only so far at the session today with an expected 100 going out, so there’s still many spots left for everyone waiting on a response!

does anyone know if acceptances go out on any day of the week or only on Fridays?