2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 10/11 and still nothing. Anyone in the same boat, and is there any hope for an A still?
If I'm not mistaken, they should release more decisions sometime in early January

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What does a usual week look like for students?
Varies week to week. Some may have anatomy or other classes. There's usually a few optional independent lectures that you can watch whenever

Mon: 8-10 Problem based learning
11-12 science lecture (optional)
Maybe an optional lecture later

Tues: 8-10 Humanities
11-12 optional science lecture

Wed: 8-10 PBL
11-12 OSL
1:30-4:30 FPCC a class where you learn how to do history and physical and play doctor

Thursday: 8-10 Health systems
11-12 OSL

Fri: 8-10 PBL
11-12 patient encounter where you meet a patient who has the condition you learned about this week

Afternoons are usually clubs, gym, volunteering, shadowing, research, or whatever else you like. Lots of freedom

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I’m a current student. Feel free to ask any questions! (Not involved in admission committee at all so feel free to ask questions that felt weird to ask during interview)
You may not know this, depending on your year, but not sure where else to ask since my interview is Jan 3.

When do MD-PhDs separate from the MD class? The MD-PhD page says they take Step 1 at the end of M2, but Hershey Curriculum has M2s start clerkships in February and not take Step 1 until M3.

Will early November interviewees hear back today/tomorrow?

Is PSU still giving interviews? complete early August radio silence

I’m a current student. Feel free to ask any questions! (Not involved in admission committee at all so feel free to ask questions that felt weird to ask during interview)
does anyone ever get off pre-hold

Hi all, current MS1 and class IT chair here. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Just wanted to expose y'all to Discord before GroupMe takes over your class. Discord is a communication platform that allows you to create topic-specific channels, assign roles, and pin messages (all of which are missing features from GroupMe). It also has voice channels and events, which we've found helpful for virtual collaboration.

While our class mostly talks in our class Discord, we also have a less-active school-wide one that y'all can join now and chat with current students. When y'all start committing to Penn State, let me know, and I can set up your class Discord real quick using the MS1 class Discord as a template.

Invite Link: Join the Penn State College of Medicine Discord Server!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Will early November interviewees hear back today/tomorrow?
I interviewed Nov 06 2020, and got my acceptance Jan 05 2021. Not sure how helpful that info is though.

EDIT: Forgot to state years.

Last edited:
  • Care
No updates will be accepted pre- or post-interview except transcript updates. Past threads have mentioned they accept LOIs after April 30th when WL movement starts
Do you happen to know how I can send a transcript update? I couldn't find the option on their portal.

Does anyone know when I might hear back if I interviewed in early December?

I'm also wondering this
I was placed on hold last year (with a very subpar app) and was rejected. Unfortunately, again this year, I was placed on hold. I am hopeful but the odds may not be in our favor.

Pre-II R
Best of luck to all in the running!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Also received a pre-II hold today, complete early August.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know if a hold means a soft R at penn state

Why is every school silent with me, they're not even brave enough to put me on hold :(

Reactions: 3 users
Also got placed on pre-II hold. :( wish there was more information on this

• Care
pre-II hold as well earlier today....complete 8/2 OOS

• Care
Is tomorrow the day for decisions? Been waiting over 8 weeks now rip

got placed in the "continue to review" hold category, complete mid September.

• Care
Does anybody know what kinds of merit-based scholarships are given here? i.e. how many are given each year, average scholarship amount, etc.?
Scholarships are mostly awarded based on income (for incoming students). Apply to outside scholarships for merit based!

Just got the email today. Got put on hold after waiting 12 weeks 💀
post-II hold, this one feels awful. I felt like the interview went really well and its my number one choice. Does anyone know what the waitlist movement looks like?

• Care
post-II hold, this one feels awful. I felt like the interview went really well and its my number one choice. Does anyone know what the waitlist movement looks like?
Literally in the same boat as you. Interview went well, and it's my number one school. This one really cuts deep

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have an estimate on PSUCOM's post-II acceptance rate?

Acceptance this morning! Interviewed October 6th so I’ve been waiting a while. OOS but with ties to the school.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! Interviewed 10/25
Congratulations! Any chance you would share what time your Acceptance email came through? I interviewed 11/1 and haven't heard anything :confused: Trying to determine if I'm going to have to wait until Feb or if there are still more emails to follow.

Edit: clarification

Congratulations! Any chance you would share what time your Acceptance email came through? I interviewed 11/1 and haven't heard anything :confused: Trying to determine if I'm going to have to wait until Feb or if there are still more emails to follow.

Edit: clarification
I got my email at 830am EST

hold after interviewing late oct. also put on hold last year.

• Care
Hoping and praying that everyone on hold gets an acceptance soon! Also, is there an accepted student group chat?

Hoping and praying that everyone on hold gets an acceptance soon! Also, is there an accepted student group chat?
I asked a while ago and no one responded. Should we just start it ourselves? GroupMe?

I asked a while ago and no one responded. Should we just start it ourselves? GroupMe?
That would be a good idea! And yes I think GroupMe would be the best platform. Also, did you submit the deposit yet? Where do we submit it?

Does anyone have an estimate on PSUCOM's post-II acceptance rate?
Yes, I found their post-II a rate on their website, albeit this is for their cycle in 2020. 346 acceptances for 721 interviews gives you a post-II a rate of ~48%