2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
is Penn State using VITA this year??? I saw it still in their portal and I panicked!!!

ACCEPTED JUST NOW (interviewed 11/19)
first acceptance im so relieved!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
12/3 Interview Beyond excited about this A! been my first choice since the interview invite!

Anyone know if they still send candy bars and masks as part of your acceptance package?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted from late November interview!!! Absolutely fantastic school and so happy to get the A!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Committee Hold- totally gutted, but "well done" to everyone who secured the A this morning.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone gotten off a pre-II hold this year? I just got an II after a pre-II hold from Drexel, but PSU is different since they don't have updates to go off of. What is the point of holding students if they can't update for a later review?? Seems so stupid. PSU is my alma mater so I was hoping to get the II.

Does anyone know when the committee meets again? I interviewed in mid December and I didn't hear anything from them today.

Does anyone have the days for the second look? I can't find them on the website.

Reactions: 1 users
Post-interview hold :(.

Do they accept letters of intent or should I just hope for movement off the waitlist later?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
pre-II R, thanks PSU for sending not one, but TWO rejection emails. For context, secondary complete late July, OOS, was never placed on hold

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Is PSU considered a mid tier or a low tier? I have seen some really conflicting things online.

Is PSU considered a mid tier or a low tier? I have seen some really conflicting things online.
PSU ranks at around 65. So definitely out of the top 50 but still a reputable school. $40 million in federal research grants + affiliated with undergrad institution + has its own teaching hospital on campus is what drew me in.

Pre-II Hold. Was complete in mid-August. I'm assuming a hold this late is essentially a rejection, right?

• Care
Any mid December interviewees still waiting to hear back?😅 I can’t handle this anticipation..

Did anyone send post-interview thank you letters? I can't seem to find the emails of my interviewers!

I've been on hold for an interview since October. Has anyone received an II after being on hold?

Any mid December interviewees still waiting to hear back?😅 I can’t handle this anticipation..
I interviewed in October but it took 10 weeks to get the decision. Hopefully it comes soon!

II this morning! LM 70, OOS, no ties, complete mid-August, ORM

• Love
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if this school accepts letters of interest/update after being placed on committee hold?

Edit: I just saw this was mentioned in the hold email "You should be aware that a subsequent decision will be based on the information presently contained in your file with the exception of updated official transcript records." -- does this mean they don't accept updates/LOIs?

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if this school accepts letters of interest/update after being placed on committee hold?
When I emailed admissions they said they don’t accept letters of intent or update.

Is anyone here still waiting for any sort of news, even a pre-II hold? It's been silence for me since I submitted my application.

Is anyone here still waiting for any sort of news, even a pre-II hold? It's been silence for me since I submitted my application.
Just got a "pre-II hold" this morning

• Care
For those who wrote post-II thank you notes, did you upload them to the portal or send them via email? Not quite sure how to get those forwarded to my interviewers. Thanks!!

Anyone know if there's a group anywhere for accepted students? doesnt look like there's a second look day