2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an acceptance! Interviewed early Jan.

I’m going to be declining this one. Hope it helps one of y’all out!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
I was under the impression they give post-II holds to everyone they don't accept after interviewing so their WL is much, much larger than 70. I have never seen or heard reports of post-II rejections but correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think the MSAR has the right data for PSU tbh

Reactions: 1 user
I was under the impression they give post-II holds to everyone they don't accept after interviewing so their WL is much, much larger than 70. I have never seen or heard reports of post-II rejections but correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think the MSAR has the right data for PSU tbh
I think you're right, nobody has said they've been rejected post-II yet this year

Members don't see this ad :)
Is committee hold the same as waitlist?
I got put on hold for another program I applied to and my impression is that they will review it at a later time. But waitlist to me feels like they go through the entire cycle of applicants (including the holds), and then if there is space they will start pulling students from there.

Both suck since there's not a lot of closure. Best of luck and I hope they review yours again soon.

II today! I was unable to sign up for a specific day but I submitted my photo and SSN so did anyone else have the same problem?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Got it to work! If you don't mind sharing, which day are you interviewing? I only had one day show up as available for me lol
I interviewed already this month but I had that same problem where I had to wait for it to show uo

Anyone know how long after interview they heard back? Trying to get a timeline…

I apologize if this question was already asked, but does PSU have a second look event? I was recently accepted and would love to tour the school.

I apologize if this question was already asked, but does PSU have a second look event? I was recently accepted and would love to tour the school.
It will be virtual this year ):

Join the GroupMe for more info:

You're invited to my new group 'Penn State College of Medicine c/o 2026' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview coming up here. Any general tips or advice?

Finally, a pre-II R. I was on hold for some time.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got put on pre-II hold. Seems a little late in the cycle for that lol

At this point I just want the R after a pre-II hold in November. Just let me move on from the possibility of even getting the II that I know deep down isn't coming.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who applied in July not heard back yet?

For those that have interviewed, do they tell you who your interviewers are?

Just got the hold after submitting Day 1 LOL what even is the point anymore :rofl:

• Haha
Does anyone know how strict they are with no updates/letters. im post interview hold since january and have some big updates I wanted to send, and express interest. Is it worth reaching out to admissions to ask if i can send a letter? should i just send the letter? or is reaching out at all too pushy?

Does anyone know how strict they are with no updates/letters. im post interview hold since january and have some big updates I wanted to send, and express interest. Is it worth reaching out to admissions to ask if i can send a letter? should i just send the letter? or is reaching out at all too pushy?
If they already said no updates/letters, I feel like sending it or even asking to send it could actually harm your chances more than the update itself could help. They may think you weren’t listening to instructions during interview day or something

Reaching out and asking is fine. the Admissions office is cool. I sincerely doubt they'll remember to pass your name on with a black mark for asking a simple question.

Ask if unsure. But if they say no, no means no.

If they already said no updates/letters, I feel like sending it or even asking to send it could actually harm your chances more than the update itself could help. They may think you weren’t listening to instructions during interview day or something
I haven't asked, so it's not that they've said no. They just don't have a designated portal upload system and reading past threads it says they 'don't accept them'.

Reaching out and asking is fine. the Admissions office is cool. I sincerely doubt they'll remember to pass your name on with a black mark for asking a simple question.

I think i'll email and ask, thank you!

If anyone can point me to where they have preemptively said 'no update letters' that would be great. Don't want to ask an already answered Q. I've checked the portal and don't see anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't asked, so it's not that they've said no. They just don't have a designated portal upload system and reading past threads it says they 'don't accept them'.

I think i'll email and ask, thank you!

yes thank you, no means no, i didn't realize.

If anyone can point me to where they have preemptively said 'no update letters' that would be great. Don't want to ask an already answered Q. I've checked the portal and don't see anything.
"You should be aware that a subsequent decision will be based on the information presently contained in your file with the exception of updated official transcript records." - from the hold/WL email

In the interview they said they don't accept updates

and, finally, if you google "does penn state college of medicine accept updates," the top result is this, from the admissions page of PSU: "The College of Medicine will not accept updates, including additional letters of support, post-submission."

"You should be aware that a subsequent decision will be based on the information presently contained in your file with the exception of updated official transcript records." - from the hold/WL email

In the interview they said they don't accept updates

and, finally, if you google "does penn state college of medicine accept updates," the top result is this, from the admissions page of PSU: "The College of Medicine will not accept updates, including additional letters of support, post-submission."
perfect, thank you! I'll hold off.

has anyone sent updated official transcripts after being wait listed?

perfect, thank you! I'll hold off.
Yea which sucks because I've been on hold since like November and haver like 4 meaningful updates to report, honestly kind of odd that they don't accept for WL'd people at least

II this morning, OOS. I’m pleasantly surprised! Figured my cycle was done

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II this morning, OOS. I’m pleasantly surprised! Figured my cycle was done
In case anyone is curious, there were three options available when I went to schedule it: one morning interview day on March 16, and then morning and afternoon interview day option on March 18

In case anyone is curious, there were three options available when I went to schedule it: one morning interview day on March 16, and then morning and afternoon interview day option on March 18
best of luck! it's crazy they are still interviewing students at this point given how long they are taking to respond to applicants who have already interviewed (apparently 8-10+ weeks). I know they are also doing interviews for the University Park Tract too.

The Facebook group for accepted students still only has like 85 people including around 10 current students, so I think PSU is still going to accept people outright from these late interviews (AKA you're not interviewing for the waitlist)

The Facebook group for accepted students still only has like 85 people including around 10 current students, so I think PSU is still going to accept people outright from these late interviews (AKA you're not interviewing for the waitlist)
I'm just hoping to hear back by early April (would be 11 weeks by then). Otherwise I'll prob withdraw my app and then best of luck to the late interviews!

has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet or will we only see movement after the commit deadline