You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Quinnipiac
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Pre-II R just now, it's been fun y'all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
finally got the pre-II R.
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
finally got the pre-II R.
+1
Anyone else still waiting on their pre-II R?
AthenaTheShadowQueen
Full Member
Meeeeeeeee!Anyone else still waiting on their pre-II R?
bluebunny13!
Full Member
I’m not sure but during my interview day Dr. Yeckel said that he expected a lot of waitlist movement this yearDoes anyone know how much waitlist movement there typically is? I love the program and was recently placed on the waitlist.
This gives me hope…I love this schoolI’m not sure but during my interview day Dr. Yeckel said that he expected a lot of waitlist movement this year
Anyone/current students know the protocol for friends/family at white coat? I know the date/time haven't been finalized but I'm hoping to get a number of how many people can come, or if there are tickets provided to incoming students to give out. And of course, the policies on gathering at the time..
Has anyone called asking when people will receive decisions?
Current M1 here - we had our white coat on the Friday of the orientation week, I’d imagine it’ll be the same for your class. They sent out an email that could be forwarded to family/friends to RSVP. I can’t remember exactly if there was a limit to the number you could invite, but I had three guests and that wasn’t a problem.Anyone/current students know the protocol for friends/family at white coat? I know the date/time haven't been finalized but I'm hoping to get a number of how many people can come, or if there are tickets provided to incoming students to give out. And of course, the policies on gathering at the time..
Yep, on QStart it's tentatively scheduled for the first Friday in August. Do you recall the time frame they provided this link? I imagine it's coming soon once the date is finalized, just trying to get a gauge of when they get the ball rolling on some things.Current M1 here - we had our white coat on the Friday of the orientation week, I’d imagine it’ll be the same for your class. They sent out an email that could be forwarded to family/friends to RSVP. I can’t remember exactly if there was a limit to the number you could invite, but I had three guests and that wasn’t a problem.
futuremddoc2022
Full Member
Did anyone receive any decisions today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think so, unless they didn’t post it hereDid anyone receive any decisions today?
For us it was reeeeeally last minute, but at the time the covid situation was a little different than it is now. As long as things trend roughly in the direction they’ve been heading, I’d imagine it’ll be earlier. But who knows.Yep, on QStart it's tentatively scheduled for the first Friday in August. Do you recall the time frame they provided this link? I imagine it's coming soon once the date is finalized, just trying to get a gauge of when they get the ball rolling on some things.
just got the financial aid offer email
bluebunny13!
Full Member
Do acceptances only come out Wednesday's and Friday’s?
+1 again (if it exists, again lol)Does anyone have access to the class GroupMe yet? If so, could someone PM me the link?
I'm wondering the same.Do acceptances only come out Wednesday's and Friday’s?
Is anyone else really confused about the financial aid offers? I got one loan that doesn't even cover the cost of tuition let alone everything else in the cost of attendance for 2022-2023.
Yea same here. You would have to take out graduate plus/ private loans to cover the remaining costIs anyone else really confused about the financial aid offers? I got one loan that doesn't even cover the cost of tuition let alone everything else in the cost of attendance for 2022-2023.
Has anyone gotten scholarship awards?
bluebunny13!
Full Member
Just got waitlisted :/ interviewed 4/8
+1Just got waitlisted :/ interviewed 4/8
visionofdivision
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bluebunny13!
Full Member
Seems like they waitlisted all of us late interviewers :/ hopefully we see some movement soonWaitlist, interviewed 4/11 🙁
Propafolling_in_love
Full Member
People that still haven’t heard yet trying to figure out if this is good, bad, or neutral
premed_02114
New Member
+3 Also interviewed 4/8, waitlisted
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
Yes, you can DM if you like =)Has anyone gotten scholarship awards?
Did you ever get a GroupMe link or Facebook group? If so, could you PM me the link?Does anyone have access to the class GroupMe yet? If so, could someone PM me the link?
Propafolling_in_love
Full Member
People who haven’t heard yet… we think tomorrow is the day?
I think “never” is the day lolPeople who haven’t heard yet… we think tomorrow is the day?
Just got the WL but sent an email to withdraw from the waitlist shortly after as I already have acceptances at schools I'd rather attend. Best of luck to everyone!
Propafolling_in_love
Full Member
Just got the WL as well
Rise, my brothers and sisters in WL
Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked?
Yes. We're given a score from 1-10 with standard deviations (used to pick an applicant if two or more have the same score). The admissions committee also has meetings to re-evaluate candidates if people share the same score (I believe Dean Yeckle mentioned this during my interview sessions).Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked?
Last edited:
plaguedoctor23
Full Member
Has anyone who has emailed admissions over the past few days to withdraw their A gotten a confirmation yet/change to their status on the PTE page? Also good news for those matriculating—I also declined a large merit scholarship. Best of luck to everyone, it was a hard decision to turn Quinnipiac down.
EDIT: It took like a week but my PTE officially changed
EDIT: It took like a week but my PTE officially changed
Last edited:
*grabby hands*Has anyone who has emailed admissions over the past few days to withdraw their A gotten a confirmation yet/change to their status on the PTE page? Also good news for those matriculating—I also declined a large merit scholarship. Best of luck to everyone, it was a hard decision to turn Quinnipiac down.
Jokes, but thank you for being considerate and good luck wherever you decided to matriculate! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else panicked and losing patience 😀
I was doing ok but now I feel like I’m losing my mind lolAnyone else panicked and losing patience 😀
I think they sent out their R's. I had to find mine in the spam folderHaven't heard anything from Quinnipiac since submitting my secondary in July 2021 -- anyone else in the same boat? Assuming a late R at this point? haha
Yeah I never got anything, I checked the portal too and the last communication was a "thank you for submitting your secondary" email.I think they sent out their R's. I had to find mine in the spam folder