2021-2022 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @rani_muan for sharing this year's questions!

2021-2022 Quinnipiac Secondary Essay Prompts:

1. What non-academic advice would you give to your younger self? (150 words)

2. Describe a situation in which you did not get something you felt you deserved and how you handled it. (150 words)

3. What is the toughest feedback you have ever received; how did you respond to it and what did you learn from it? (150 words)

4. Other than work/life balance, what do you believe the biggest challenge you will face as a practicing physician will be and how do you anticipate responding to it? (150 words)

5. (OPTIONAL) If you were to have a theme song, what would it be and why? (150 words)

And these extra questions in Demographic Information section:
1. If you will not be enrolled as a full-time student, how will you be spending/intend to spend your time during your application year? (Limit 150 Words)
2. What area of medicine do you envision yourself working in at the end of your training? What is shaping your vision? (Limit 100 Words)
3. OPTIONAL Is there anything not captured in your application that you would like to share? (Limit 150 Words)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Secondary received - OOS! Prompts are as follows (@wysdoc):
1. What non-academic advice would you give to your younger self? (150 words)

2. Describe a situation in which you did not get something you felt you deserved and how you handled it. (150 words)

3. What is the toughest feedback you have ever received; how did you respond to it and what did you learn from it? (150 words)

4. Other than work/life balance, what do you believe the biggest challenge you will face as a practicing physician will be and how do you anticipate responding to it? (150 words)

5. (OPTIONAL) If you were to have a theme song, what would it be and why? (150 words)

Edit: extra questions in Demographic Information section:
1. If you will not be enrolled as a full-time student, how will you be spending/intend to spend your time during your application year? (Limit 150 Words)
2. What area of medicine do you envision yourself working in at the end of your training? What is shaping your vision? (Limit 100 Words)
3. OPTIONAL Is there anything not captured in your application that you would like to share? (Limit 150 Words)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else still waiting on a secondary? Hoping I wasn't screened out

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else still waiting on a secondary? Hoping I wasn't screened out

Was just gonna ask this too! OOS and still waiting. Idk what their screen is but I have a 3.7x/51x, so I think it's more likely that they're sending in batches. Unless they do a holistic screen other than stats

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS still waiting :/

Reactions: 3 users
OOS Secondary received 07/12

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone having difficulty completing the courses tab? I'm fairly certain I inserted the right number of courses, but it is marked incomplete.

Edit: Figured it out. Need to divide stand-alone lab courses in half and submit twice. I.e. for biology, you need 2 lab entries even if you only took 1 stand-alone lab course.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if they actually do a holistic screen as the secondary email says? Or is it just a stats screen? Thanks!

Ok so for the course requirements it says that if one of your English courses is not in the English department, add the syllabus to the additional info section. Mine was in the classics department. How am I supposed to add a syllabus to a prompt that only allows 150 words?

What does the secondary email say about the holistic screen? Guessing I got screened out lol
“... As an Office of Admissions, we practice a holistic approach to admissions. We are committed to building and sustaining a learning community where diversity is celebrated, and to fostering access to medical education to learners from all segments of society. Members of under-represented groups in medicine, military veterans, socio-economically disadvantaged applicants, proficient Spanish speakers. and members of the LGBTQ+ community are particularly encouraged to conduct further research into the Netter community. ... “

“... As an Office of Admissions, we practice a holistic approach to admissions. We are committed to building and sustaining a learning community where diversity is celebrated, and to fostering access to medical education to learners from all segments of society. Members of under-represented groups in medicine, military veterans, socio-economically disadvantaged applicants, proficient Spanish speakers. and members of the LGBTQ+ community are particularly encouraged to conduct further research into the Netter community. ... “

Thanks! Got it just now so I spoke prematurely :)

Ok so for the course requirements it says that if one of your English courses is not in the English department, add the syllabus to the additional info section. Mine was in the classics department. How am I supposed to add a syllabus to a prompt that only allows 150 words?
It's referring to the Additional Information tab on the tab where you can upload documents.

Unfortunately for me, my college email has been disabled so I don't have that syllabus anymore D: Now I'm gonna have to email old professors to track down a copy, aghhhh...

Anyone elses courses page not saving, therefore not allowing for submission?
Does it say that you have met the course requirements? Should be a little line in red if you have not entered all of the required courses.

It's referring to the Additional Information tab on the tab where you can upload documents.

Unfortunately for me, my college email has been disabled so I don't have that syllabus anymore D: Now I'm gonna have to email old professors to track down a copy, aghhhh...
Makes much more sense, thanks

Does it say that you have met the course requirements? Should be a little line in red if you have not entered all of the required courses.
I'm having the same issue. All are entered. Did anyone figure it out?

I'm having the same issue. All are entered. Did anyone figure it out?
Yea I had that problem originally. For the requirements that need lab, are you filling out the same number of lab slots? For example, General Biology and General Chemistry require 2 courses w/ lab. Meaning you need to insert 2 lecture courses and 2 lab courses to fulfill that requirement. Organic chemistry requires 1 course w/ lab, so you need to insert 1 lecture course and 1 lab course.

I was originally confused because my school has 1 general chemistry lab course at the end of the year, not a lab component for every quarter. If you're in the same situation where you took a stand-alone lab course that isn't accompanied by lecture, then divide the units by half and enter it into the grid twice.

Yea I had that problem originally. For the requirements that need lab, are you filling out the same number of lab slots? For example, General Biology and General Chemistry require 2 courses w/ lab. Meaning you need to insert 2 lecture courses and 2 lab courses to fulfill that requirement. Organic chemistry requires 1 course w/ lab, so you need to insert 1 lecture course and 1 lab course.

I was originally confused because my school has 1 general chemistry lab course at the end of the year, not a lab component for every quarter. If you're in the same situation where you took a stand-alone lab course that isn't accompanied by lecture, then divide the units by half and enter it into the grid twice.
Yeah i figured it out. My school did everything like as one whole course (lab+lecture) at 5 credit hours total so i had to split (say Ochem 1) into two entries at 2.5 each. Thanks!

thanks for all the help guys! OOS secondary received and submitted 7/12. I was verified 6/14 but didn't add Quinnipiac until 6/28.

I skipped straight into organic chemistry since I had AP chem credit from high school. Should I list my AP chem credit twice so it fulfills the requirement?

I skipped straight into organic chemistry since I had AP chem credit from high school. Should I list my AP chem credit twice so it fulfills the requirement?
If inserting it once does not get rid of that red line "Does not meet course requirements," then I believe that would be the only way to go.

Does anybody know what Quinnipiac's screen entails? I submitted my primary at around 3 PM yesterday and received the secondary at 4:30 PM later that day...how could they possibly screen anything at that rate?

Last edited:

I don’t have my old college email either! It feels excessive to need the syllabus! I get that they want to confirm it was a writing course but still….

Hello fellow stressballs! Does anybody know what Quinnipiac's screen entails? I submitted my primary at around 3 PM yesterday and received the secondary at 4:30 PM later that day...how could they possibly screen anything at that rate?
Their website says that their screen is just based in MCAT score and GPA to receive a secondary

Hi all, I just submitted and it says I am missing rec letters although they show in the documents section?
Does it take time for the admission committee to manually verify?

Hi all, I just submitted and it says I am missing rec letters although they show in the documents section?
Does it take time for the admission committee to manually verify?
Happened to me, give it a day to fix itself.

For Q2 of the essay prompts, do you guys think it would be frowned upon/reflect poorly on me if I genuinely talked about how this situation has never really occurred to me because of my mindset (i.e. I do things without thinking about outcomes or how it will help me long-term, so I never look back and think "I deserved to get X" when someone else gets X and I just take it as a sign that I need to improve in ABC way.) I honestly can't think of any examples that would fit this prompt, but I'm afraid that it would be viewed as a cop-out answer.

submitted secondary / app complete with letters on 7/12. following for II updates!