2021-2022 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you send it? Would you mind sharing stats? MCAT/GPA? We have seen MCAT scores between 513-517 getting the IIs

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t get why schools have a portal where you can upload if they (potentially) don't read the updates... I submitted an update last week to the portal because the admissions person told me via email to do that...

Reactions: 8 users
I don’t get why schools have a portal where you can upload if they (potentially) don't read the updates... I submitted an update last week to the portal because the admissions person told me via email to do that...
So who would you send an update to, if not through the portal?

So who would you send an update to, if not through the portal?
I would assume their admissions office <[email protected]>. I uploaded mine on the portal and emailed them, but they just emailed me back and told me that my application is still being considered and to upload the letter on the portal.

Same for me lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was a difficult decision but I just withdrew my acceptance offer here, hope it goes to one of you! @bluebunny13! As far as interview advice goes I would prepare for the classic medical school interview questions (tell me about yourself etc.) but Quinnipiac was honestly one of the most friendly interview experiences I have had. They are truly trying to get to know you as a person. Best to luck to everyone that is still waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Same here…sent an email last night, haven’t yet gotten a response FML :/

Just got an II! only option was 4/11. my stats are 513/3.9

• Love
Did those of you who emailed them but also uploaded a letter of interest in the portal actually include the letter of interest in the body of the email/as an attachment again or did you just ask them if your application was still under consideration?

Did those of you who emailed them but also uploaded a letter of interest in the portal actually include the letter of interest in the body of the email/as an attachment again or did you just ask them if your application was still under consideration?
I didn’t upload it to the email again, just asked for an update on my status.

Reactions: 1 user
I uploaded it in the portal as a pdf and then like a week later copied it into an email (not as an attachment) bc I had a feeling they wouldn't look at the portal

+1 for II after emailing an update. So excited for this one!

• Love
Thanks! Just 4/11. I think that must be their last date or something??

+1 for II after emailing an update. So excited for this one!
Congrats! It definitely seems like the trick is to email them! Idk why they even tell us to upload stuff to the portal if they don't even look at it lol

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry if this was asked before but are we given our interviewers names beforehand?

Do we know what the post acceptance rates are for Netter? Are the numbers that are up on other SDN threads accurate?

How did your interview go?
I thought it went fine. My interviewer and I laughed a lot and I didn’t feel any negative vibes. 516 MCAT and 3.9x GPA too. *shrug* Who knows. Hopefully a spot will open up once WL movement starts

I thought it went fine. My interviewer and I laughed a lot and I didn’t feel any negative vibes. 516 MCAT and 3.9x GPA too. *shrug* Who knows. Hopefully a spot will open up once WL movement starts
when did you interview/ when were you waitlisted? If you dont mind me asking.

@Unskilled Enzyme -- would you, or any of the other current students active in the thread, be able to comment on how "family-friendly" Quinnipiac is? I know some schools are very accomodating/accepting of parents of young children, but others are the opposite.

As well, could you comment on an estimated weekly mandatory hour requirement for attendance? Classes, labs, etc. Just saw this discussed above, nevermind :)

Thank you!!
Very. Exceptionally family friendly. An admitted student was offered a year deferment after becoming pregnant a couple years back, ~4/96 classmates have partners who have had children since starting school. I think there was a pregnant first year recently that had accommodations for anatomy lab to limit exposures.
overall good place for nontrads in general

Thanks @anonymous426 @WildMed1234 and @Unskilled Enzyme for the info about MeSH! Super helpful.

Do you know how the 3rd-4th years or alumni feel about the quality of clinical rotations at the various clinical sites? I know the St. Vincent's Hospital and other community hospitals are smaller than the major teaching hospitals associated with other medical schools, so I'm wondering if the students see a smaller range of patient pathologies. Thank you :)
unsure, i will say you get a diversity of exposures, from bridgeport which is one of the most inequitable cities in america to primary care in old money towns to Connecticut childrens. smaller does not necessarily equate with less learning opportunity.
the proof is in the pudding as they say though, take a peek at the match list, I feel like it's pretty strong and that's a more tangible metric you can use to compare schools