You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Quinnipiac
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Last week, 3.94, 508When did you send it? Would you mind sharing stats? MCAT/GPA? We have seen MCAT scores between 513-517 getting the IIs
bluebunny13!
Full Member
Do any accepted students have interview tips?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pre-II R today
+1My plan is to apply for a third and final time this coming cycle. 🙁
No SMP for me, I already did a post bacc a while ago. I’m currently rewriting everything and going to apply day 1 this time.
I don’t get why schools have a portal where you can upload if they (potentially) don't read the updates... I submitted an update last week to the portal because the admissions person told me via email to do that...
franknbeanz
Full Member
So who would you send an update to, if not through the portal?I don’t get why schools have a portal where you can upload if they (potentially) don't read the updates... I submitted an update last week to the portal because the admissions person told me via email to do that...
I would assume their admissions office <[email protected]>. I uploaded mine on the portal and emailed them, but they just emailed me back and told me that my application is still being considered and to upload the letter on the portal.So who would you send an update to, if not through the portal?
Same for me lolI don’t get why schools have a portal where you can upload if they (potentially) don't read the updates... I submitted an update last week to the portal because the admissions person told me via email to do that...
I sent an update through the portal AND emailed them. Haven’t heard back 🙁
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
I did both as well and got an email response...that's oddI sent an update through the portal AND emailed them. Haven’t heard back 🙁
I sent an email to [email protected] from their website contact us thingy. Is that not the right one?I did both as well and got an email response...that's odd
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
That is the same one I emailedI sent an email to [email protected] from their website contact us thingy. Is that not the right one?
Not sure if you shorthanded it for this post but the one I sent to and got a reply from was [email protected] instead of @qu.eduI sent an email to [email protected] from their website contact us thingy. Is that not the right one?
Apparently they have 2 emails to make things even more confusing lolNot sure if you shorthanded it for this post but the one I sent to and got a reply from was [email protected] instead of @qu.edu
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🤣🤣of courseApparently they have 2 emails to make things even more confusing lol
How long did it take for them to reply to you?🤣🤣of course
emt-to-doc
Full Member
It was a difficult decision but I just withdrew my acceptance offer here, hope it goes to one of you! @bluebunny13! As far as interview advice goes I would prepare for the classic medical school interview questions (tell me about yourself etc.) but Quinnipiac was honestly one of the most friendly interview experiences I have had. They are truly trying to get to know you as a person. Best to luck to everyone that is still waiting!
I emailed them last night and got a response this afternoon, I had uploaded my letter to the portal about 2 weeks before that though.How long did it take for them to reply to you?
Lol literally same here except no response. 🙁I emailed them last night and got a response this afternoon, I had uploaded my letter to the portal about 2 weeks before that though.
It’s not actually two emails, everything with the @qu.edu extension will go to the respective @quinnipiac.edu account.Apparently they have 2 emails to make things even more confusing lol
Congrats! So they never replied to your initial email, just sent an II instead?Just got an II! only option was 4/11. my stats are 513/3.9
thanks! yeah I never got a replyCongrats! So they never replied to your initial email, just sent an II instead?
aye take that as a W!!! Congrats. Make us proud.thanks! yeah I never got a reply
This gives me hope 😭thanks! yeah I never got a reply
Never mind, they just emailed me back saying I’m still under consideration. 🙁This gives me hope 😭
hey better than an R! best of luckNever mind, they just emailed me back saying I’m still under consideration. 🙁
Did those of you who emailed them but also uploaded a letter of interest in the portal actually include the letter of interest in the body of the email/as an attachment again or did you just ask them if your application was still under consideration?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn’t upload it to the email again, just asked for an update on my status.Did those of you who emailed them but also uploaded a letter of interest in the portal actually include the letter of interest in the body of the email/as an attachment again or did you just ask them if your application was still under consideration?
visionofdivision
Full Member
I uploaded it in the portal as a pdf and then like a week later copied it into an email (not as an attachment) bc I had a feeling they wouldn't look at the portalDid those of you who emailed them but also uploaded a letter of interest in the portal actually include the letter of interest in the body of the email/as an attachment again or did you just ask them if your application was still under consideration?
+1 for II after emailing an update. So excited for this one!
Congrats!! What dates were available?+1 for II after emailing an update. So excited for this one!
Thanks! Just 4/11. I think that must be their last date or something??
maddandadd
Full Member
Congrats! It definitely seems like the trick is to email them! Idk why they even tell us to upload stuff to the portal if they don't even look at it lol+1 for II after emailing an update. So excited for this one!
Congrats? Was your mcat high? Seems like high Stats applicants are getting these IIs+1 for II after emailing an update. So excited for this one!
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
Congrats! Did you get the II today?+1 for II after emailing an update. So excited for this one!
bluebunny13!
Full Member
Sorry if this was asked before but are we given our interviewers names beforehand?
Nope we are not!Sorry if this was asked before but are we given our interviewers names beforehand?
Me seeing this waitlisted after interview… 🥲
I thought it went fine. My interviewer and I laughed a lot and I didn’t feel any negative vibes. 516 MCAT and 3.9x GPA too. *shrug* Who knows. Hopefully a spot will open up once WL movement startsHow did your interview go?
when did you interview/ when were you waitlisted? If you dont mind me asking.I thought it went fine. My interviewer and I laughed a lot and I didn’t feel any negative vibes. 516 MCAT and 3.9x GPA too. *shrug* Who knows. Hopefully a spot will open up once WL movement starts
I interviewed in the middle of November and heard back in Decemberwhen did you interview/ when were you waitlisted? If you dont mind me asking.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Propafolling_in_love
Full Member
Where did you get this stat?
I have seen in other threads the number being around 85%. Just was not sure how accurate the data was.Where did you get this stat?
Congrats? Was your mcat high? Seems like high Stats applicants are getting these IIs
Thanks! I got the II last week. MCAT 510-515 range.Congrats! Did you get the II today?
Very. Exceptionally family friendly. An admitted student was offered a year deferment after becoming pregnant a couple years back, ~4/96 classmates have partners who have had children since starting school. I think there was a pregnant first year recently that had accommodations for anatomy lab to limit exposures.@Unskilled Enzyme -- would you, or any of the other current students active in the thread, be able to comment on how "family-friendly" Quinnipiac is? I know some schools are very accomodating/accepting of parents of young children, but others are the opposite.
As well, could you comment on an estimated weekly mandatory hour requirement for attendance? Classes, labs, etc.Just saw this discussed above, nevermind 🙂
Thank you!!
overall good place for nontrads in general
unsure, i will say you get a diversity of exposures, from bridgeport which is one of the most inequitable cities in america to primary care in old money towns to Connecticut childrens. smaller does not necessarily equate with less learning opportunity.Thanks @anonymous426 @WildMed1234 and @Unskilled Enzyme for the info about MeSH! Super helpful.
Do you know how the 3rd-4th years or alumni feel about the quality of clinical rotations at the various clinical sites? I know the St. Vincent's Hospital and other community hospitals are smaller than the major teaching hospitals associated with other medical schools, so I'm wondering if the students see a smaller range of patient pathologies. Thank you 🙂
the proof is in the pudding as they say though, take a peek at the match list, I feel like it's pretty strong and that's a more tangible metric you can use to compare schools