Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed them and they do accept updates, upload onto portalHow did you send an update? I saw something on their website saying they don’t accept updates.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I emailed them and they do accept updates, upload onto portalHow did you send an update? I saw something on their website saying they don’t accept updates.
My secondary app is complete, but I haven't yet received any response. Do they accept updates only from post-interview applicants, or can I do so as well?I emailed them and they do accept updates, upload onto portal
You can update pre-IIMy secondary app is complete, but I haven't yet received any response. Do they accept updates only from post-interview applicants, or can I do so as well?
I was contacted the same day as my interview. My interviewer told me it could take 3-5 days though and to reach out if it had been a week and I hadn't been contacted by a student.How long after our faculty interview should we expect to be contacted by the student interviewer?
This one I'm not so sure of--I got the feeling that the purpose was more the latter but also someone above mentioned them having a list of questions to ask I think (I haven't actually had the call yet).Also, is the student "conversation" graded or is it just for us interviewees to get a feel of the school?
Congrats on the II! 😀 Did you receive the II today? (If you did, can you share your complete date as well please)II scheduled for Mid-Jan! Seems like Downstate releases decisions in large batches (Feb then may), is that accurate?
no got it a few days ago! Wanna say like around dec 13th. Complete July 🙂Congrats on the II! 😀 Did you receive the II today? (If you did, can you share your complete date as well please)
Hey, I emailed the ADCOM and they said to 'disregard VITA emails' bc it int part of the cycle this year!On theirs website it says if you get an interview you are encouraged to do AAMC VITA? But it looks like that isn’t happening this year. Weird they didn’t update it on website?
stats?II earlier today… complete late July… earliest interview dates were mid January
IS/ORM
LizzyM 76 after retakestats?
I was complete in July and recently got an II!Is downstate basically done with sending out IIs? My app was complete back in July and it's been silence since. Should i assume it's a wrap? Anybody else in the same boat?
Me too. I'm losing hope as wellSilence since. NYC resident 🙁 and I have heard from all of the SUNYs except them. Losing hope.
Congrats! do you mind just sharing your LM? My LM falls in range with DS but idk, maybe it's something i wrote?I was complete in July and recently got an II!
+1 NYC resident and absolute silence since JulySilence since. NYC resident 🙁 and I have heard from all of the SUNYs except them. Losing hope.
messaged youCongrats! do you mind just sharing your LM? My LM falls in range with DS but idk, maybe it's something i wrote?
Same man. Hoping for same thing. One of few schools lets. Really hope they show that love.so far only got R's. this my last school. really praying for lady luck
good luck man. wish you the best!!Same man. Hoping for same thing. One of few schools lets. Really hope they show that love.
im also NYC resident. they release results on febuary 1st. good luck+1 NYC resident and absolute silence since July
Do they release all results Feb 1st this year? Because I know they released results Feb 15th last year.im also NYC resident. they release results on febuary 1st. good luck
In info session yesterday they said decisions would most likely be released on or after Feb 21st (though could possibly be a little earlier)Do they release all results Feb 1st this year? Because I know they released results Feb 15th last year.
That's only for people who interview before the holidays right?In info session yesterday they said decisions would most likely be released on or after Feb 21st (though could possibly be a little earlier)
This school doesn't do an "interview day." You log into zoom a few minutes before your faculty interview and then they connect you with your interviewer. The interview is supposed to be 45-60 mins. A student will follow up with you afterward via email to set up an interview within the next week. That interview is meant to take 30-45 mins.For those who already interviewed, how long was the whole interview day?
no but I'm interviewing Thursday!! Good luck 🙂Any MD/MPH applicants here who interviewed already?
My faculty interviewer told me to reach out if I hadn't heard anything in a week.Does anyone know how long it takes till the student interviewer reaches out after the interview? It’s been a week since my interview but haven’t received any response..
+1silence since July.... are ii still being sent out?
I really hope so. I think we should send updates for sure.silence since July.... are ii still being sent out?
I interviewed here last month, but yes the lack of II on SDN is disappointing. I personally found that portion of the culture on this site to be really helpful in gauging whether or not my app had been reviewed at some schools, but a lot of threads are quiet this year.Just here to say this silence is dreadful. Hate the lack of II's in this thread (and most others tbh). 🙁
Keep ur head up!! I'd try and stay involved in what you're working on now, send updates where you can, and take a deep breath! I applied last cycle and had such a difficult time with not getting in, but I promise life goes on. You'll do great one way or the other.This is my top choice but every day of silence is another shot to the chest. I have no idea if they are sending out loads of II or not because this forum is so dead.
Hi! I was wondering how your interview went? Did they ask you any questions about why you would want to do an MPH dual degree?no but I'm interviewing Thursday!! Good luck 🙂
Not many, just a few. Mostly focused on some q's ab my appHi! I was wondering how your interview went? Did they ask you any questions about why you would want to do an MPH dual degree?
I don't think it's "expected" anywhere, but good practice. They probably won't respond and it probably won't affect your chances, but it doesn't hurt to send the email.are we expected to send a thank you email to our interviewer after the interview?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.