-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 SUNY Upstate
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1. I've been on hold for re-review since 9/30 and today it says "decision made". I haven't received any emails though.Just checked the portal and instead of the status being re-review after Dec. 1st, it now says "Decision Made". Pretty sure it's an R
Guys, my portal showed “decision made” for me and a day later my acceptance letter arrived. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
glutenfreee
Full Member
anybody know if the interview is closed or open file?
futuredoubledoc
Full Member
MD interview is closed file!anybody know if the interview is closed or open file?
Hey! I checked my portal as well and it went from "ready for committee on December 2" to "decision made". im trying not to lose hope so I am wondering if you got an interview what did your portal status say? SOS im freaking out
Yup I for that too 🙁 I think it’s an R
Hey! I checked my portal as well and it went from "ready for committee on December 2" to "decision made". im trying not to lose hope so I am wondering if you got an interview what did your portal status say? SOS im freaking out
Hey! I checked my portal as well and it went from "ready for committee on December 2" to "decision made". im trying not to lose hope so I am wondering if you got an interview what did your portal status say? SOS im freaking out
bernedoodle
Full Member
A this morning via email; interviewed 10/27.
A on portal 12/6; interviewed 10/18
+1Just checked the portal and instead of the status being re-review after Dec. 1st, it now says "Decision Made". Pretty sure it's an R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
maddandadd
Full Member
Not sure if it differs based on which stage of the app cycle you're in, but my "Hold" email said I can upload "one brief update"Does anybody know if application updates are limited for Upstate? Or can I send as many updates as I need to?
Finally got the rejection after having the "Decision Made" status
maddandadd
Full Member
Do you happen to know when your status changed? And were you ever on hold?Finally got the rejection after having the "Decision Made" status
Yeah I think it changed from "hold for re-review after Dec 1st" to "Decision Made" like two days agoDo you happen to know when your status changed? And were you ever on hold?
medapp9897
Full Member
+1Finally got the rejection after having the "Decision Made" status
+2, my email was in my spam folderFinally got the rejection after having the "Decision Made" status
maddandadd
Full Member
right where it belongs.+2, my email was in my spam folder
+3, also went from hold to decision made --> R+2, my email was in my spam folder
Rejected yesterday. Saw the status changed to "Decision Made" a few days ago. Good Luck everyone still in the running!
shawnmendes
Full Member
+4 also went to my spam... weird, I even have a filter on my emails so that nothing will go to spam with the word 'decision"
+3, also went from hold to decision made --> R
futuredoubledoc
Full Member
Mine still says under review!Status message has disappeared from portal... Expecting decision post-I soon
Is there any way we can review our secondary after it's submitted? I'm looking for it in the portal but can't find it.
For those who are interviewing or interviewed and attend the other events outside of the interview day like the diversity chat and the coffee chats, what did you wear? Should I put on my suit for these events over zoom too? Or was it more casual?
I attended both the meet & greet as well as the info session for the Rural Scholars program and both were pretty informal. From my understanding you weren't being actively evaluated so I don't think it really matters what you wear. I think as long as you don't look like a complete slob, to the point where someone would take note, that you'd be fine.For those who are interviewing or interviewed and attend the other events outside of the interview day like the diversity chat and the coffee chats, what did you wear? Should I put on my suit for these events over zoom too? Or was it more casual?
On a side note though, wearing a suit/business attire during the actual interview is definitely a good idea. On the rural scholars session there was an interviewer (albeit for the MD/MPH program) who had just finished interviewing one of the people on the call, and he said he got 'bonus points' for wearing a suit and tie.
For the non interview events what did other people wear? If I wore a suit would I stand out badly?I attended both the meet & greet as well as the info session for the Rural Scholars program and both were pretty informal. From my understanding you weren't being actively evaluated so I don't think it really matters what you wear. I think as long as you don't look like a complete slob, to the point where someone would take note, that you'd be fine.
On a side note though, wearing a suit/business attire during the actual interview is definitely a good idea. On the rural scholars session there was an interviewer (albeit for the MD/MPH program) who had just finished interviewing one of the people on the call, and he said he got 'bonus points' for wearing a suit and tie.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No not at all, if anything they might notice it as a positive. Most people just wore everyday clothes, at most a button down for guys and a blouse for girls.For the non interview events what did other people wear? If I wore a suit would I stand out badly?
Got the 'placed on hold' email yesterday—email says my app will be re-reviewed in February (though the application portal says "Hold: Re-review after Dec 1st" like many others who've posted above)
Based on past posts on this thread you have to wait a few days before they email you the decision.On the portal says decision made, but can't see the decision! I've emailed admin a few times but they haven't replied 🙁
Also, when were you complete?
I see, thanks!Based on past posts on this thread you have to wait a few days before they email you the decision.
Also, when were you complete?
Complete in August, interviewed mid-October.
Ah my bad, I'm not sure if that still holds for people who interviewed already. My guess is that it does, but I was talking about those who have decision made on their portal pre-II.I see, thanks!
Complete in August, interviewed mid-October.
Best of luck!!
what does HPA mean?Interviewed 10/27 and got an email 12/16 stating I was put on the HPA list.
futuredoubledoc
Full Member
How long do you usually have to wait after the portal says "decision made"? I mean for interviewed applicants. Do they send you an email or do you need to keep checking the portal?
Same 🙁I've been on hold since August and my status still says "re-review after Dec 1". Just reject me already, this is exhausting
Acceptance letters are on the portal
futuredoubledoc
Full Member
When did you interview?Acceptance letters are on the portal
11/8When did you interview?
D
deleted1079310
HPA is their High Priority Alternate list. They also have a "Hold By Committee Alternate" list that rarely, if ever, moves. Theres some movement on the HPA list though. Both of these are post-interview. I've been on both now lolwhat does HPA mean?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lupomed123
Full Member
mine as well, was previously on hold for re-review until dec 1stHas anyone else's application status disappeared? Last time this happened, they put me on hold until Dec 1st.
Ugh please don't do what MSU did!!mine as well, was previously on hold for re-review until dec 1st
+1. Anyone know what this means?mine as well, was previously on hold for re-review until dec 1st
Same