2021-2022 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Temple give merit full tuition scholarships to some students? If so, does it cover all OOS tuition?
Not sure about full but, they definitely give significant partial scholarships. I imagine they do give full ones as well

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When writing about why the main campus, can you talk about the affiliated campuses such as the Jeanes campus and Episcopal campus?

Anyone know if it is it too late to do the duet portion now? I didn't add Temple until after I took casper, but all other schools I'm applying to did not require duet, so I didn't do it at the time. For reference, I took the casper exam in July.

I can sign in fine, but whenever I click the link that says "3. Complete an Application" for my secondary, it shows me the secondary application but there is no box or anything for me to type my responses into.

Anyone know if it is it too late to do the duet portion now? I didn't add Temple until after I took casper, but all other schools I'm applying to did not require duet, so I didn't do it at the time. For reference, I took the casper exam in July.
nope, its fine. can take anytime

Anyone have feedback on the writing assignment that is part of the interview? Is it a high/low stress situation?

Anyone have feedback on the writing assignment that is part of the interview? Is it a high/low stress situation?
Very low stress! I had plenty of time to write a well thought out answer and the question was fairly straightforward

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when Temple is expected to release their first batch of decisions? I heard early Nov. Website says Dec. MSAR says Oct 15th (though this seems least likely based on past years).

Does anyone know when Temple is expected to release their first batch of decisions? I heard early Nov. Website says Dec. MSAR says Oct 15th (though this seems least likely based on past years).
During the interview informational session they had mentioned early December as the first decision release date. Not sure if it differs between the St. Lukes and Philadelphia campuses though.

According to their website, they accept update letters. But does anyone know where to send it? Do we just email admissions?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
According to their website, they accept update letters. But does anyone know where to send it? Do we just email admissions?

Thanks!
I uploaded one to my portal! In your application portal you will see "4. Submit Supplemental Items." You can click this and they give you the option to submit additional items.

Hello! I had my secondary sent to LKSOM St. Luke's on 07/23. If those who sent secondaries after me are being invited for an interview when I have received no correspondence, does that mean they skipped over me and I should not anticipate an interview at this point?

During the interview informational session they had mentioned early December as the first decision release date. Not sure if it differs between the St. Lukes and Philadelphia campuses though.
They said November for Philly campus, I believe.

Hello! I had my secondary sent to LKSOM St. Luke's on 07/23. If those who sent secondaries after me are being invited for an interview when I have received no correspondence, does that mean they skipped over me and I should not anticipate an interview at this point?
no. that's not how applications work; you're not looked over in the order you submitted

no. that's not how applications work; you're not looked over in the order you submitted
I had the impression that that was part of rolling admissions- and why it's advantageous to apply earlier than later. but thank you for clarifying with your response

I had the impression that that was part of rolling admissions- and why it's advantageous to apply earlier than later. but thank you for clarifying with your response
Nope. Rolling admissions means decisions are released periodically throughout the cycle ("rolling") as opposed to all at once on a single date at the end of the cycle. Applications are reviewed in whatever order an adcom chooses to review them, and it is very rarely first come, first served. People are prioritized for all sorts of reasons - high stat, URM, military, VIP, connection to school, HYPSM, whatever, and it varies by school.

It's advantageous to apply early because the earlier you are in, the earlier it is possible for you to be reviewed, regardless of how they choose to prioritize applications. It's pretty much never a guarantee you will be reviewed or interviewed before someone who applies later. In any event, you certainly want to be reviewed while there are still IIs available, and, if you wait until the end, you run the risk of being interviewed for the WL, or not being interviewed at all! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone that recently got an interview only see 2 available dates to schedule?

When is the first round of decisions for Temple? Last year it was first week December, but someone told me they were aiming for mid-November this year so wanted to confirm if this was true.

When is the first round of decisions for Temple? Last year it was first week December, but someone told me they were aiming for mid-November this year so wanted to confirm if this was true.
Curious if anyone who interviewed most recently has the timeline they gave?

Curious if anyone who interviewed most recently has the timeline they gave?
Someone else verified for me that it was mid November as well, so I guess it's just earlier this year.

Early morning II, about 40 minutes ago! IS!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
How many people actually put their ACT score in the application portal?

I did SAT and ACT cause I did p well (1530/35), but I seriously doubt its used for anything. At best, it serves a minor indicator of a history of high achievement if paired with a high gpa and high mcat, but I can't imagine it ends up a deciding factor in any decisions.

I doubt they use this for more than longitudinal data. I would be surprised if it factored into the decision but who knows.

I did SAT and ACT cause I did p well (1530/35), but I seriously doubt its used for anything. At best, it serves a minor indicator of a history of high achievement if paired with a high gpa and high mcat, but I can't imagine it ends up a deciding factor in any decisions.
I doubt they use this for more than longitudinal data. I would be surprised if it factored into the decision but who knows.
With my low LM I hope my high ACT shows them there's promise lol

Also I'm watching the thread but wasn't getting notifs for whatever reason so I figured I'd post a question here to start getting something

If you are having trouble with your portal, you can definitely email them. The admissions team is awesome and more than willing to help!

Does anyone have any indication of when in November the first wave of admissions decisions will come out? Is it frowned upon to call the admissions office and ask?

Credit to @UsernameChecksOut
Temple said they release decisions early to mid November. So probably November 9th to November 19th. Generally, decisions tend to come on Mondays or Fridays (last year it was Monday for Temple), so I would guess most likely November 12th or 15th.

Does anyone have any indication of when in November the first wave of admissions decisions will come out? Is it frowned upon to call the admissions office and ask?
During my interview they said late November for the first batch. I don't think I'd call - it won't change anything for your application, and while it probably wouldn't hurt your app, I'm not sure that I would take the chance. Maybe I'm totally wrong though and other people might say it's totally fine to call them!

Reactions: 2 users
Credit to @UsernameChecksOut
Temple said they release decisions early to mid November. So probably November 9th to November 19th. Generally, decisions tend to come on Mondays or Fridays (last year it was Monday for Temple), so I would guess most likely November 12th or 15th.
In a prior year, according to the SDN threads, Temple met as a committee on the first Friday of the month, then released on the following Tuesday respectively. This happened in multiple months for them, so they may keep us guessing (especially with the varying info about November this year). Good luck to everyone!

Had my St. Luke's interview last week and absolutely loved it! They told us not to expect decisions until at least Thanksgiving or early December. Sounds like that's a little different than the Philly campus

The admissions committee meets weekly, but they release decisions 4-ish times, first in November. Not sure when in the month.

Do we get to know who we're interviewing with before our interview?

Do we get to know who we're interviewing with before our interview?
yup, they will send you an email a day or two before

For those of you who got IIs, how do you upload your photo? I do not see a place to upload one anywhere.

For those of you who got IIs, how do you upload your photo? I do not see a place to upload one anywhere.
go to LKSOM supplemental application, log in, then scroll down to the checklist at the bottom of the page. The checklist should have 4 items, and you want to click on the last checkbox that says "submit supplemental items." It doesn't look like it, but the text itself is a hyperlink! So click on that, and you will see where to upload the photo (should once again be the 4th checkbox on the "supplemental items listing"). That should be it!

go to LKSOM supplemental application, log in, then scroll down to the checklist at the bottom of the page. The checklist should have 4 items, and you want to click on the last checkbox that says "submit supplemental items." It doesn't look like it, but the text itself is a hyperlink! So click on that, and you will see where to upload the photo (should once again be the 4th checkbox on the "supplemental items listing"). That should be it!
Thank you so much! I uploaded successfully.