2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an II today! I was complete 7/14 OOS and had sent two updates. One was an update/LOI expressing interest in the school where I CC the Dean of Admissions.
Do you mind sharing when the earliest open interview dates were when you looked today? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For me it was February 23 because I saw the email an hour late. But they had February 2nd
I'm asking because I got an invite and the earliest data at all was March 2nd and that just seems really late. I saw the email only 15 ish minutes after receiving it. Could you clarify if they had Feb. 2nd and it did not work with your schedule or did you mean March 2nd. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm asking because I got an invite and the earliest data at all was March 2nd and that just seems really late. I saw the email only 15 ish minutes after receiving it. Could you clarify if they had Feb. 2nd and it did not work with your schedule or did you mean March 2nd. Thanks again!
Someone I talked to got February 2nd. It was not available for me though.

Someone I talked to got February 2nd. It was not available for me though.
Thanks so much. These are just a lot later than I was expecting. Thanks again for being so responsive. Was questioning whether or not I should email them.

Thanks so much. These are just a lot later than I was expecting. Thanks again for being so responsive. Was questioning whether or not I should email them.
Yeah, hopefully when the time comes we will not be interviewing for a waitlist

how do we send an update letter?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get a confirmation email after scheduling their interview?

Sent an email with an update letter to the Dean (Dr. LoSasso) a week ago but never got a response and I don't see any changes to my portal/Communication status....should I try forwarding the email to the Admissions committee or wait longer? (I think I saw someone mention ~10 days time turnaround but Thanksgiving break is coming up....)
Same for me, sent an email to Dr. LoSasso last Monday, but have not heard anything or any portal updates. I was planning to wait until after the holiday but let me know what you decide to do!

Same for me, sent an email to Dr. LoSasso last Monday, but have not heard anything or any portal updates. I was planning to wait until after the holiday but let me know what you decide to do!
Sent an email with an update letter to the Dean (Dr. LoSasso) a week ago but never got a response and I don't see any changes to my portal/Communication status....should I try forwarding the email to the Admissions committee or wait longer? (I think I saw someone mention ~10 days time turnaround but Thanksgiving break is coming up....)
Ran into the same problem. Got a few emails from the admissions office this morning advising to send it to the main email <[email protected]>, while CCing Dr. LoSasso. Wouldn't hurt to either forward it or resend it with the note that you've already sent it to the Dean!

Reactions: 1 users
whats the curriculm here, is it p/f with rankings or no rankings

I sent an update in October and got R same day, not sure if it was coincidence
I sent an update a few weeks ago and no II. Also my app has said ‘under review’ for like 6 weeks now does that mean anything or not really?

Last edited:
whats the curriculm here, is it p/f with rankings or no rankings

I believe pass/fail

We have pass/fail with internal rankings! People have different feelings about this (if you'd like me to elaborate I can) but personally, I wish we had true pass/fail with no rankings. It'd make exams much less stressful. I don't think having rankings is that bad but I'd personally just prefer not having them.

The way it works is our preclinical grades are based on block exams (not quizzes), anatomy practicals/exams, and clinical skills exams. There's a formula they use where they weigh block exams/anatomy practicals a bit more heavily than clinical skills exams. This grade is then averaged with our grades during clinical years (Honors/High Pass/Pass/Fail), and together they give you a class ranking. Class rank is split into Top 10 students, Top 10% of students, and then top/middle/bottom third. I believe the top 25% of students are eligible for junior AOA, I forget what makes you eligible for senior AOA.

When you apply for residency, your position (Top 10, Top 10%, Top third, middle third, bottom third) will be mentioned in your MSPE. As well as your AOA status obviously.

You can find more info in the student handbook: Student Resources

If anyone has any questions about this or about the school in general, feel free to ask - I'm a first year here.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is there a groupme or a facebook group for students who have been accepted?

R today, complete 06/28, update sent 10/12

• Care
Quick question about the 6 week turnaround for interviews: Is it that we will hear back about only acceptances within that timeframe or all post-interview decisions?

Interesting. I interviewed on 10/13 and haven’t heard anything…
Not what I wanted to hear as a 11/3 interviewee...

But, I think it would be appropriate to reach out considering how upfront they are with the 6 week timeline

Interesting. I interviewed on 10/13 and haven’t heard anything…
I interviewed today and they said it normally is up to 6 weeks but for us it will be up to 8 weeks because of the holidays. Maybe the Thanksgiving break has you guys delayed.

GOT THE A CALL YESTERDAY AT 3PM. Re-applicant. Complete 9/2. II 9/2. Interviewed on 11/10. LizzyM 76

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
A this morning!! Love this school. No call from the dean, just received an acceptance email today. Complete 8/29, II 8/30, Interviewed 11/3, LM 69

• Love
Checked my portal and it says my application is under review. Previously it just said my application is complete. Did this happen to others as well before they got the II or R?

Reactions: 2 users
Checked my portal and it says my application is under review. Previously it just said my application is complete. Did this happen to others as well before they got the II or R?
Mine has said under review since early July. I don't believe it's entirely indicative of an II or R, maybe just that they downloaded your app and started looking at it.

Mine has said under review since early July. I don't believe it's entirely indicative of an II or R, maybe just that they downloaded your app and started looking at it.
Oh okay, sounds good. I was complete in august but it didnt show the message until now.