You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
rad103
New Member
the other school forums ive been following havent been that active eitherWl movement has been silent here besides one person. Seems odd for a large school.
same! I haven’t seen a whole lot of movement from a lot of placesthe other school forums ive been following havent been that active either
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got off the waitlist! My top choice!
Same!!!!I got off the waitlist! My top choice!
yes!You guys all HPWL?
@effectedtag @PsychhhedOut Congrats you two!! By any chance did the dean tell you anything about how WL has been progressing in general or did she just give you the good news?
EDIT: Also does anyone think there's still a chance more people might hear something tmr?
EDIT: Also does anyone think there's still a chance more people might hear something tmr?
Nope. Just mentioned that a spot had opened. Up@effectedtag @PsychhhedOut Congrats you two!! By any chance did the dean tell you anything about how WL has been progressing in general or did she just give you the good news?
EDIT: Also does anyone think there's still a chance more people might hear something tmr?
Are there any current students here I could get in touch with to ask some questions?
Are there any current students here I could get in touch with to ask some questions?
Hi! I'm a current first-year here (done in 3 days god bless). Will gladly try to answer any questions 🙂
And congrats to those who've gotten off the waitlist!
Does anyone have the link to the accepted groupchat or Facebook page?
Dmd!Hi! I'm a current first-year here (done in 3 days god bless). Will gladly try to answer any questions 🙂
And congrats to those who've gotten off the waitlist!
It’s on the jeffambassadors insta but my membership hasn’t been approved yetDoes anyone have the link to the accepted groupchat or Facebook page?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who like anecdotal info to help gauge movement, I know someone who received an acceptance yesterday from the HPWL but who does not have an SDN account. Good luck to all of those waiting!
Does anyone know if there’s a GroupMe? If so could someone send the link via DM?
Does anyone know if there’s a GroupMe? If so could someone send the link via DM?
Sent the link to your DM! 🙂
Got the call a little while ago!!! Still in shock! HPWL back in October. So grateful as this is my only A and top choice 😭
Do they do calls clustered for an hour one day a week/likely no more today or do calls continue throughout the whole afternoon? I'm really hoping for an A here
Last edited:
DId anyone send their update letter to Dr. Losasso? If so, did she send a confirmation email back or no?
I did two weeks ago. Got an automated email saying I should check the portal to make sure it was received (it was) but not a reply from Dr. Losasso. A bit worried because when I sent my first update letter, she did send me a personal reply.DId anyone send their update letter to Dr. Losasso? If so, did she send a confirmation email back or no?
TuckGamePerfect
Full Member
Pretty sure typical protocol is a personalized reply to the first update onlyI did two weeks ago. Got an automated email saying I should check the portal to make sure it was received (it was) but not a reply from Dr. Losasso. A bit worried because when I sent my first update letter, she did send me a personal reply.
Still on the HPWL, but Dr. Losasso just replied to my latest update email that she would love to see me at SKMC and hopes that a spot opens up in the next coming weeks. She also said to let her know of any upcoming deadlines. Is this just a courtesy email or should I actually hold out hope?
I would hold out hope. It sounds like if a spot opens up you might be called.Still on the HPWL, but Dr. Losasso just replied to my latest update email that she would love to see me at SKMC and hopes that a spot opens up in the next coming weeks. She also said to let her know of any upcoming deadlines. Is this just a courtesy email or should I actually hold out hope?
Still on the HPWL, but Dr. Losasso just replied to my latest update email that she would love to see me at SKMC and hopes that a spot opens up in the next coming weeks. She also said to let her know of any upcoming deadlines. Is this just a courtesy email or should I actually hold out hope?
Yep, still possible to get in! I remember people were leaving/changing school decisions (after getting off waitlists at other places) up until even a few weeks before classes started. It's obviously not a guarantee, but you still have a chance!
palmtree137
Full Member
Anyone know what their numbers look like here atm?? Trying to gauge how long its worth pushing off plans for my other school. Seems like they're at least at capacity, if not over?
Haven’t seen much movement lately and Dr. LoSasso was super helpful and transparent about openings/etc so if no one is getting calls there probably aren’t any seat available. I’m not sure how many students have fully CTE thoughAnyone know what their numbers look like here atm?? Trying to gauge how long its worth pushing off plans for my other school. Seems like they're at least at capacity, if not over?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefulMD99
New Member
Has anybody heard back since the CTE deadline? I'm going crazy sitting by my phone