2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received a call from the dean of admissions a little while ago. Accepted off the high priority waitlist! In complete shock!
Congrats!!! When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Received a call from the dean of admissions a little while ago. Accepted off the high priority waitlist! In complete shock!
Congrats! I really hope I get a call!

Edit: If you do not mind, what day did you interview and when were you waitlisted. Also, did you send LOI etc?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if most WL offers would’ve already been sent out? I’m just not sure whether or not their WL will even move much this year

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know if most WL offers would’ve already been sent out? I’m just not sure whether or not their WL will even move much this year
I'd assume WL movement won't be all at once since their CTE deadline is late June

Wl movement has been silent here besides one person. Seems odd for a large school.

maybe some more will happen more into May? it is early, I looked on last years thread and one before and it didn’t have a bunch the first week but picked up the next two weeks after PTE

Congrats on getting into Jefferson!

Members don't see this ad :)
@effectedtag @PsychhhedOut Congrats you two!! By any chance did the dean tell you anything about how WL has been progressing in general or did she just give you the good news?

EDIT: Also does anyone think there's still a chance more people might hear something tmr?

@effectedtag @PsychhhedOut Congrats you two!! By any chance did the dean tell you anything about how WL has been progressing in general or did she just give you the good news?

EDIT: Also does anyone think there's still a chance more people might hear something tmr?
Nope. Just mentioned that a spot had opened. Up

Are there any current students here I could get in touch with to ask some questions?

Are there any current students here I could get in touch with to ask some questions?

Hi! I'm a current first-year here (done in 3 days god bless). Will gladly try to answer any questions :)

And congrats to those who've gotten off the waitlist!

Does anyone have the link to the accepted groupchat or Facebook page?

I got off the waitlist at my state school, so I will be withdrawing my acceptance. Bittersweet because I really loved Jeff and was excited to go here. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
For those who like anecdotal info to help gauge movement, I know someone who received an acceptance yesterday from the HPWL but who does not have an SDN account. Good luck to all of those waiting!

Does anyone know if there’s a GroupMe? If so could someone send the link via DM?

Got the call a little while ago!!! Still in shock! HPWL back in October. So grateful as this is my only A and top choice 😭

Reactions: 4 users
Do they do calls clustered for an hour one day a week/likely no more today or do calls continue throughout the whole afternoon? I'm really hoping for an A here

Last edited:
DId anyone send their update letter to Dr. Losasso? If so, did she send a confirmation email back or no?

DId anyone send their update letter to Dr. Losasso? If so, did she send a confirmation email back or no?
I did two weeks ago. Got an automated email saying I should check the portal to make sure it was received (it was) but not a reply from Dr. Losasso. A bit worried because when I sent my first update letter, she did send me a personal reply.

I did two weeks ago. Got an automated email saying I should check the portal to make sure it was received (it was) but not a reply from Dr. Losasso. A bit worried because when I sent my first update letter, she did send me a personal reply.
Pretty sure typical protocol is a personalized reply to the first update only

Still on the HPWL, but Dr. Losasso just replied to my latest update email that she would love to see me at SKMC and hopes that a spot opens up in the next coming weeks. She also said to let her know of any upcoming deadlines. Is this just a courtesy email or should I actually hold out hope?

Still on the HPWL, but Dr. Losasso just replied to my latest update email that she would love to see me at SKMC and hopes that a spot opens up in the next coming weeks. She also said to let her know of any upcoming deadlines. Is this just a courtesy email or should I actually hold out hope?
I would hold out hope. It sounds like if a spot opens up you might be called.

Yep, still possible to get in! I remember people were leaving/changing school decisions (after getting off waitlists at other places) up until even a few weeks before classes started. It's obviously not a guarantee, but you still have a chance!

Anyone know what their numbers look like here atm?? Trying to gauge how long its worth pushing off plans for my other school. Seems like they're at least at capacity, if not over?

Anyone know what their numbers look like here atm?? Trying to gauge how long its worth pushing off plans for my other school. Seems like they're at least at capacity, if not over?
Haven’t seen much movement lately and Dr. LoSasso was super helpful and transparent about openings/etc so if no one is getting calls there probably aren’t any seat available. I’m not sure how many students have fully CTE though

Anyone else praying there might be some movement tmr (CTE deadline)? :cryi:

Has anybody heard back since the CTE deadline? I'm going crazy sitting by my phone

Hi, does anyone have a link for the incoming class GroupMe?