You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
mm_premedstudent
Full Member
I remember them saying that merit scholarships are available for students after their first yearHello. Has anyone that has been accepted know if Jefferson offers merit scholarships or any type of financial aid for someone who doesn't have proven financial need (i.e. makes six figures currently)? Thank you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premedb2021
Full Member
When does Jeff stop giving out interviews?? Are they known to give some late in the game?
It was casual! No admissions people, just students giving you a rundown for the interview day and a little activity 🙂Anyone have any recommendations for what to wear to the pre-interview check-in? Was just planning on wearing biz professional to that as well, but unsure.
The thread from last year showed that their last interview day was at the end of march. From April to June, people were accepted off the waitlist but no new IIs were given.When does Jeff stop giving out interviews?? Are they known to give some late in the game?
Hey all, sorry if this has already been addressed, but my zoom links said they’re to last about 20 minutes each? Seems pretty quick. Has anyone else’s lasted longer?
ukiepremed
Full Member
Does anyone know if Jeff takes more than one update letter? I sent one the first of November but have more to add now
ukiepremed
Full Member
Did you just email admissions the updates? Or did you also email them to Dr. LoSasso?I've sent 2! Technically actually 3 because in update #2 I talked about an upcoming thing and update #3 was just me emailing Dr. LoSasso with the finished product but on the portal they're both listed as "updates"
I've emailed Dr. LoSasso from the beginningDid you just email admissions the updates? Or did you also email them to Dr. LoSasso?
Did it help at all in getting an interview 😩I've emailed Dr. LoSasso from the beginning
Well I haven't gotten an II from here but I'm patient! I don't mind waiting a littleDid it help at all in getting an interview 😩
Congrats!!! What was your interview date?
got the call! accepted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any accepted students been able to get into their Jefferson email account? I was told we would receive financial aid info to our "student email" but not sure if that means the Jefferson email.
TomorrowElegant7846
New Member
I just got the call. Interviewed 01/12.
Congrats! Did you send any updates/LOI post interview?I just got the call. Interviewed 01/12.
med2b3
Full Member
Thank you so much! 12/15Congrats!!! What was your interview date?
D
deleted1115486
Does she tend to reply with a confirmation that she received the update? Thanks!I've emailed Dr. LoSasso from the beginning
WOW! Crazy you got a 2 week turn around! That seems faster than most of the other folks on the thread, but that’s super nice!I just got the call. Interviewed 01/12.
In our interview they said it could come anytime between 1-6 weeks after interview day lolWOW! Crazy you got a 2 week turn around! That seems faster than most of the other folks on the thread, but that’s super nice!
She did the first time but the second and third time, I just saw it appear in my portal. Usually the day after or a couple hours later after emailing her, I'd see that she uploaded it to the portalDoes she tend to reply with a confirmation that she received the update? Thanks!
She never replied to me but I saw it on the portal - I’ve only sent one updateShe did the first time but the second and third time, I just saw it appear in my portal. Usually the day after or a couple hours later after emailing her, I'd see that she uploaded it to the portal
My interview day said it was pretty much based on when your interviewers could come to the committee meeting, so yeah that tracks. They also said if we didn't hear in 6 weeks we could follow up.In our interview they said it could come anytime between 1-6 weeks after interview day lol
Does anyone know around how many interviewers there are on the interview day? Also, do they send interviewer names and info before or during the day we are interviewing?
Like faculty/student interviewers or amount of interviewees? I'm pretty sure there was 1 faculty and 1 student interviewer per interviewee, but maybe a little less. And you do not get names before the interview.Does anyone know around how many interviewers there are on the interview day? Also, do they send interviewer names and info before or during the day we are interviewing?
appleslices
New Member
I got a card in the mail, but not for another week or two after the call.Has anyone who's been accepted recieved anything physical in the mail? I was told I would be receiving something when I got the call.
D
deleted1106140
Any email or something on the portal?I got a card in the mail, but not for another week or two after the call.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also got a card but it was just a congratulations, nothing super important so don't worry too much!Has anyone who's been accepted recieved anything physical in the mail? I was told I would be receiving something when I got the call.
appleslices
New Member
Did anyone make a groupme or a Facebook group for the accepted students yet?
Is Jefferson done sending out IIs?
Manifesting I will get an interview invite in February. 🤩Is Jefferson done sending out IIs?
probs not, last year they interviewed through the end of march.Is Jefferson done sending out IIs?
Any chance you remember how long it took to appear on the portal? Thanks!She never replied to me but I saw it on the portal - I’ve only sent one update
I cant remember exactly but i think I sent it in sunday evening and sometime the next 2-3 days, i saw an update in the portal - so not long at allAny chance you remember how long it took to appear on the portal? Thanks!
Did you guys address the update letter to Dr.LoSasso herself or to the admissions committee?
bothDid you guys address the update letter to Dr.LoSasso herself or to the admissions committee?
D
deleted1106140
People who submitted an update to Dr. LoSasso directly via email, did it show up in your portal? If so, where do you see it?
communication or status tab, i believePeople who submitted an update to Dr. LoSasso directly via email, did it show up in your portal? If so, where do you see it?
My email itself was to Dr. LoSasso, the pdf I attached of the actual update letter was to the adcomDid you guys address the update letter to Dr.LoSasso herself or to the admissions committee?
I see last year's pre-II Rs around late March, don't know if any were sent earlier. But IIs were also sent late into February.have they already sent out pre-II R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah theyve already sent some pre II Rs but expecting some in march tooI see last year's pre-II Rs around late March, don't know if any were sent earlier. But IIs were also sent late into February.
bothWhere do you send a pre-II update? Do you just email their admissions office or do you email Dr. LoSasso personally?
Froggmanns
Full Member
I had emailed Dr. LoSasso in November with an update and assumed that it had been put with my file, but it never showed up in my portal. I emailed admissions about it yesterday and it was finally updated. I hope the adcom actually saw my letter in November and not just yesterday 😒
D
deleted1106140
mine was the same. never showed up in my portal and was sent pre-II. it still isn’t there lol. however, at my interview the interviewer brought up my update and had it in hand. so i would say all the adcoms saw your letterI had emailed Dr. LoSasso in November with an update and assumed that it had been put with my file, but it never showed up in my portal. I emailed admissions about it yesterday and it was finally updated. I hope the adcom actually saw my letter in November and not just yesterday 😒