2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you are local (I live in Philly) you can schedule a small campus tour with the Jeff Ambassadors. I’m not sure about any larger formal events though.
Thanks for the info. I'm OOS and trying to plan a trip to visit in person-- don't want to choose the wrong weekend to be in town.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted an update but nothing 😭

Reactions: 5 users
Got the Acceptance Call at 430pm. Interviewed 12/15. 3.5 gpa 513 MCAT. See you guys this summer.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!! Got the call at 4:50, after I convinced myself it wasn’t gonna happen for me.

Interviewed 12/15. IS, ORM, 3.07 GPA, 517 MCAT.

GOOD LUCK to everyone still waiting to hear! 🍀

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Got call today 🥰 Interviewed 12/15

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hello. Has anyone that has been accepted know if Jefferson offers merit scholarships or any type of financial aid for someone who doesn't have proven financial need (i.e. makes six figures currently)? Thank you.
I remember them saying that merit scholarships are available for students after their first year

Anyone have any recommendations for what to wear to the pre-interview check-in? Was just planning on wearing biz professional to that as well, but unsure.

When does Jeff stop giving out interviews?? Are they known to give some late in the game?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone have any recommendations for what to wear to the pre-interview check-in? Was just planning on wearing biz professional to that as well, but unsure.
It was casual! No admissions people, just students giving you a rundown for the interview day and a little activity :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
When does Jeff stop giving out interviews?? Are they known to give some late in the game?
The thread from last year showed that their last interview day was at the end of march. From April to June, people were accepted off the waitlist but no new IIs were given.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Hey all, sorry if this has already been addressed, but my zoom links said they’re to last about 20 minutes each? Seems pretty quick. Has anyone else’s lasted longer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Jeff takes more than one update letter? I sent one the first of November but have more to add now

I've sent 2! Technically actually 3 because in update #2 I talked about an upcoming thing and update #3 was just me emailing Dr. LoSasso with the finished product but on the portal they're both listed as "updates"

I've sent 2! Technically actually 3 because in update #2 I talked about an upcoming thing and update #3 was just me emailing Dr. LoSasso with the finished product but on the portal they're both listed as "updates"
Did you just email admissions the updates? Or did you also email them to Dr. LoSasso?

Have any accepted students been able to get into their Jefferson email account? I was told we would receive financial aid info to our "student email" but not sure if that means the Jefferson email.

WOW! Crazy you got a 2 week turn around! That seems faster than most of the other folks on the thread, but that’s super nice!
In our interview they said it could come anytime between 1-6 weeks after interview day lol

Does she tend to reply with a confirmation that she received the update? Thanks!
She did the first time but the second and third time, I just saw it appear in my portal. Usually the day after or a couple hours later after emailing her, I'd see that she uploaded it to the portal

She did the first time but the second and third time, I just saw it appear in my portal. Usually the day after or a couple hours later after emailing her, I'd see that she uploaded it to the portal
She never replied to me but I saw it on the portal - I’ve only sent one update

In our interview they said it could come anytime between 1-6 weeks after interview day lol
My interview day said it was pretty much based on when your interviewers could come to the committee meeting, so yeah that tracks. They also said if we didn't hear in 6 weeks we could follow up.

Does anyone know around how many interviewers there are on the interview day? Also, do they send interviewer names and info before or during the day we are interviewing?

Does anyone know around how many interviewers there are on the interview day? Also, do they send interviewer names and info before or during the day we are interviewing?
Like faculty/student interviewers or amount of interviewees? I'm pretty sure there was 1 faculty and 1 student interviewer per interviewee, but maybe a little less. And you do not get names before the interview.

Has anyone who's been accepted recieved anything physical in the mail? I was told I would be receiving something when I got the call.

Has anyone who's been accepted recieved anything physical in the mail? I was told I would be receiving something when I got the call.
I got a card in the mail, but not for another week or two after the call.

I also got a card but it was just a congratulations, nothing super important so don't worry too much!

Did anyone make a groupme or a Facebook group for the accepted students yet?

Any chance you remember how long it took to appear on the portal? Thanks!
I cant remember exactly but i think I sent it in sunday evening and sometime the next 2-3 days, i saw an update in the portal - so not long at all

Did you guys address the update letter to Dr.LoSasso herself or to the admissions committee?

Addressing it as “Dear future employees of mine” shows a sigma mindset go with that

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
People who submitted an update to Dr. LoSasso directly via email, did it show up in your portal? If so, where do you see it?

Did you guys address the update letter to Dr.LoSasso herself or to the admissions committee?
My email itself was to Dr. LoSasso, the pdf I attached of the actual update letter was to the adcom

have they already sent out pre-II R