2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if any of us 2/23 interviewers will hear back today. They seem to release decisions on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R. This one hurts a lot, it was my dream school. But I'm definitely recommending this place to future applicants who come to me for help, I might be out of the running but I still say that the SKMC is such an incredible school. Gl everyone else :)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does this mean they're done sending out II's? I haven't gotten anything from them since being complete...

I just got high-priority waitlisted. This sucks. Jeff was my top choice :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Does this mean they're done sending out II's? I haven't gotten anything from them since being complete...
“Each year, we invite (by e-mail) approximately 800 applicants to interview at Thomas Jefferson University. The interview process begins in late September and continues through early April, taking place each Wednesday (except for the week of Thanksgiving and the week of our Winter Holiday).”

I am waiting for my R 😇

“Each year, we invite (by e-mail) approximately 800 applicants to interview at Thomas Jefferson University. The interview process begins in late September and continues through early April, taking place each Wednesday (except for the week of Thanksgiving and the week of our Winter Holiday).”

I am waiting for my R 😇
thanks for this info! waiting for my R as well 🙃

When I spoke to admissions, they said last interview date is today. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where's my R?!

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

whoomp there it is! Pre-II R. LM 69, OOS, complete in Sept.

Pre-II R 😕 good luck all and congrats to anyone who has an acceptance here! It’s an incredible school!

I wonder if any of us 2/23 interviewers will hear back today. They seem to release decisions on Wednesdays and Fridays.
I believe decisions only come out on Wednesdays. And 2/23 interviewers should be hearing around now. I interviewed 2/16 and was accepted 2 weeks ago. I was told 1-6 weeks post interview is when you will get a decision.

I believe decisions only come out on Wednesdays. And 2/23 interviewers should be hearing around now. I interviewed 2/16 and was accepted 2 weeks ago. I was told 1-6 weeks post interview is when you will get a decision.
Yes, I got waitlisted the good old “special high priority waitlist”

I put so much effort into that dang update letter though 😩 was really hoping for a shot here. Oh well. Pre-II R today as well.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if they’re letting prospective students visit the campus? i know they have a virtual look day but would like to go visit in person

does anyone know if they’re letting prospective students visit the campus? i know they have a virtual look day but would like to go visit in person
If you are local (I live in Philly) you can schedule a small campus tour with the Jeff Ambassadors. I’m not sure about any larger formal events though.

Did anyone receive an acceptance today?
I received an A yesterday!!! Dean Losasso called me and then emailed as well. Beyond ecstatic, as this is my second cycle and lemme tell ya, its been a looooong road. Non-trad (4 gap years), 509, 3.5x GPA, 3.9x master's GPA.

Update letter sent 10/17, II 11/11, Interviewed 2/16, post-II interest email to Dr. Losasso, A 3/16 🥳🥳🥳

I highly recommend contacting Dr. Losasso if you're interested in Jefferson. She's such a kind soul. Everyone I've talked to at Jeff has raved about it and seemed genuinely happy there. Not to mention superb match lists, great metropolitan location etc. Good luck to everyone else! Keep pushing. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to.

Reactions: 1 users
I received an A yesterday!!! Dean Losasso called me and then emailed as well. Beyond ecstatic, as this is my second cycle and lemme tell ya, its been a looooong road. Non-trad (4 gap years), 509, 3.5x GPA, 3.9x master's GPA.
Update letter sent 10/17, II 11/11, Interviewed 2/16, post-II interest email to Dr. Losasso, A 3/16 🥳🥳🥳

I highly recommend contacting Dr. Losasso if you're interested in Jefferson. She's such a kind soul. Everyone I've talked to at Jeff has raved about it and seemed genuinely happy there. Not to mention superb match lists, great metropolitan location etc. Good luck to everyone else! Keep pushing. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to.
Congrats! I sent a letter of intent after my interview already. I will probably send another letter closer to May when the waitlist movement starts.

They do let prospective students visit campus! I was in Philly for a day and emailed a current student and they were able to connect me with another student who was able to give me a tour and answer any questions I had. It was super informative and I emailed them pretty last minute so definitely give it a shot if you’re in the area.

Got the call around 2:20!! Interviewed 2/24.

• Love
When I spoke to admissions, they said last interview date is today. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

In past years, the admissions committee has taken off the week (or two) after interviews wrapped up, so no decisions were released in those weeks (but that was when interviews lasted into April).

Was anyone who recently interviewed informed that the committee isn’t meeting certain weeks, or told when to expect a decision? Thanks!

Last edited:
Can anyone plsss tell me if Jefferson accepts negotiating aid? Who do I send the email to? Financial aid or admissions?

Can anyone plsss tell me if Jefferson accepts negotiating aid? Who do I send the email to? Financial aid or admissions?
How long did it take for you to get your package/did they email it to you? I've been waiting on it since FAFSA submission / other forms were completed in late Feb and nothing.

How long did it take for you to get your package/did they email it to you? I've been waiting on it since FAFSA submission / other forms were completed in late Feb and nothing.
I didn’t get my official package yet. I have a scholarship from another school and wanted to negotiate it. I believe FAFSA is only need based aid.

I didn’t get my official package yet. I have a scholarship from another school and wanted to negotiate it. I believe FAFSA is only need based aid.
Nope. FAFSA is required for everyone, since it's required for federal loans that are not need based. The only people not filing FAFSA are those not applying for need based aid OR federal loans (i.e., private loans or entirely self-pay).

As far as negotiating scholarships, there is no rule of thumb. Every school is different, and every person is different (i.e., they might tell me to get lost but be willing to negotiate with you). So don't go by what anyone says here (except for me :cool:) and take your shot. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. No one has ever been rescinded merely for asking. The worst they can say is no. Good luck!!

I tried to negotiate, but no dice. They don’t give merit aid for M1.

You need to check your SKMC Outlook email.