You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
“Each year, we invite (by e-mail) approximately 800 applicants to interview at Thomas Jefferson University. The interview process begins in late September and continues through early April, taking place each Wednesday (except for the week of Thanksgiving and the week of our Winter Holiday).”Does this mean they're done sending out II's? I haven't gotten anything from them since being complete...
I am waiting for my R 😇
flowerp0wer232
Full Member
thanks for this info! waiting for my R as well 🙃“Each year, we invite (by e-mail) approximately 800 applicants to interview at Thomas Jefferson University. The interview process begins in late September and continues through early April, taking place each Wednesday (except for the week of Thanksgiving and the week of our Winter Holiday).”
I am waiting for my R 😇
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medshark123
Full Member
R
I can neither confirm nor deny. Sorry.When I spoke to admissions, they said last interview date is today. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Justtryintomedschool
Full Member
can confirm, at least that's what was relayed during my interview todayWhen I spoke to admissions, they said last interview date is today. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
maddandadd
Full Member
Where's my R?!
![]()
whoomp there it is! Pre-II R. LM 69, OOS, complete in Sept.
slimjimjams
New Member
Sorry to hear, but there’s still a chance!! Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?I just got high-priority waitlisted. This sucks. Jeff was my top choice 🙁
cyclistdoc
Full Member
Pre-II R! ADIOS
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
Hopping on the R train...
Pre-II R 😕 good luck all and congrats to anyone who has an acceptance here! It’s an incredible school!
wanttobeamd22
Full Member
pre-II R
Whip_Cream
Full Member
pre-II R
I got it haha good luck peepsthanks for this info! waiting for my R as well 🙃
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scratch unable
Full Member
I believe decisions only come out on Wednesdays. And 2/23 interviewers should be hearing around now. I interviewed 2/16 and was accepted 2 weeks ago. I was told 1-6 weeks post interview is when you will get a decision.I wonder if any of us 2/23 interviewers will hear back today. They seem to release decisions on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Yes, I got waitlisted the good old “special high priority waitlist”I believe decisions only come out on Wednesdays. And 2/23 interviewers should be hearing around now. I interviewed 2/16 and was accepted 2 weeks ago. I was told 1-6 weeks post interview is when you will get a decision.
Did anyone receive an acceptance today?
I put so much effort into that dang update letter though 😩 was really hoping for a shot here. Oh well. Pre-II R today as well.
does anyone know if they’re letting prospective students visit the campus? i know they have a virtual look day but would like to go visit in person
If you are local (I live in Philly) you can schedule a small campus tour with the Jeff Ambassadors. I’m not sure about any larger formal events though.
m3dskoolpls
Full Member
I received an A yesterday!!! Dean Losasso called me and then emailed as well. Beyond ecstatic, as this is my second cycle and lemme tell ya, its been a looooong road. Non-trad (4 gap years), 509, 3.5x GPA, 3.9x master's GPA.Did anyone receive an acceptance today?
Update letter sent 10/17, II 11/11, Interviewed 2/16, post-II interest email to Dr. Losasso, A 3/16 🥳🥳🥳
I highly recommend contacting Dr. Losasso if you're interested in Jefferson. She's such a kind soul. Everyone I've talked to at Jeff has raved about it and seemed genuinely happy there. Not to mention superb match lists, great metropolitan location etc. Good luck to everyone else! Keep pushing. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to.
Congrats! I sent a letter of intent after my interview already. I will probably send another letter closer to May when the waitlist movement starts.I received an A yesterday!!! Dean Losasso called me and then emailed as well. Beyond ecstatic, as this is my second cycle and lemme tell ya, its been a looooong road. Non-trad (4 gap years), 509, 3.5x GPA, 3.9x master's GPA.
Update letter sent 10/17, II 11/11, Interviewed 2/16, post-II interest email to Dr. Losasso, A 3/16 🥳🥳🥳
I highly recommend contacting Dr. Losasso if you're interested in Jefferson. She's such a kind soul. Everyone I've talked to at Jeff has raved about it and seemed genuinely happy there. Not to mention superb match lists, great metropolitan location etc. Good luck to everyone else! Keep pushing. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to.
They do let prospective students visit campus! I was in Philly for a day and emailed a current student and they were able to connect me with another student who was able to give me a tour and answer any questions I had. It was super informative and I emailed them pretty last minute so definitely give it a shot if you’re in the area.does anyone know if they’re letting prospective students visit the campus? i know they have a virtual look day but would like to go visit in person
slimjimjams
New Member
Any good news yet today?? 🙏🙏
brainperson1
Full Member
Yes just got the call 2 minutes ago!!
medapps2022
New Member
CONGRATS!!! Do you mind letting us know when you interviewed?Yes just got the call 2 minutes ago!!
brainperson1
Full Member
Yes I interviewed March 2CONGRATS!!! Do you mind letting us know when you interviewed?
JUST GOT THE A!!! SO EXCITED!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have Jeff's 2022 Match list / match rate?
Match list isn't out yet. Match rate was around 96% (called admissions)Does anyone have Jeff's 2022 Match list / match rate?
Also, here's this
Match list isn't out yet. Match rate was around 96% (called admissions)
Is the 96% match rate pre-SOAP or post-SOAP? Also, do you mind sharing the admissions number to call? And if you do get hold of the match list please post here as well OFFICIAL - 2022 Match Lists
When I spoke to admissions, they said last interview date is today. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
In past years, the admissions committee has taken off the week (or two) after interviews wrapped up, so no decisions were released in those weeks (but that was when interviews lasted into April).
Was anyone who recently interviewed informed that the committee isn’t meeting certain weeks, or told when to expect a decision? Thanks!
Last edited:
How long did it take for you to get your package/did they email it to you? I've been waiting on it since FAFSA submission / other forms were completed in late Feb and nothing.Can anyone plsss tell me if Jefferson accepts negotiating aid? Who do I send the email to? Financial aid or admissions?
I didn’t get my official package yet. I have a scholarship from another school and wanted to negotiate it. I believe FAFSA is only need based aid.How long did it take for you to get your package/did they email it to you? I've been waiting on it since FAFSA submission / other forms were completed in late Feb and nothing.
Nope. FAFSA is required for everyone, since it's required for federal loans that are not need based. The only people not filing FAFSA are those not applying for need based aid OR federal loans (i.e., private loans or entirely self-pay).I didn’t get my official package yet. I have a scholarship from another school and wanted to negotiate it. I believe FAFSA is only need based aid.
As far as negotiating scholarships, there is no rule of thumb. Every school is different, and every person is different (i.e., they might tell me to get lost but be willing to negotiate with you). So don't go by what anyone says here (except for me 😎) and take your shot. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. No one has ever been rescinded merely for asking. The worst they can say is no. Good luck!!
I tried to negotiate, but no dice. They don’t give merit aid for M1.Can anyone plsss tell me if Jefferson accepts negotiating aid? Who do I send the email to? Financial aid or admissions?
D
deleted1130967
You need to check your SKMC Outlook email.How long did it take for you to get your package/did they email it to you? I've been waiting on it since FAFSA submission / other forms were completed in late Feb and nothing.
Oh damn so they only give out a financial aid award? And it’s need based only?I tried to negotiate, but no dice. They don’t give merit aid for M1.
Yea I have been and still nothin, gonna send an email asking if I'm somehow missing a form or somethingYou need to check your SKMC Outlook email.
Hi, Do we need to pat the deposit to see out finacial aid?
You'll have to also fill out the banner documents - if you want to be considered for institutional aid you're going to have to get federal tax returns from parents.
Nope.Hi, Do we need to pat the deposit to see out finacial aid?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medapps2022
New Member
has anybody heard back today??
slimjimjams
New Member
Maybe they are on vacation 😅😅has anybody heard back today??
anyone else super nervous for Wednesday? 😅😅
Is now a good time for us on the waitlist to send another letter of interest?