You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
3/16 was the last interview dateAnyone interviewed on 3/23 and is waiting to hear back? 😳
hopefuldoctor26
Full Member
Has it been confirmed that the committee did not meet last week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ismenos
New Member
Ah, I didn't clarify that I'm applying through their linkage program with my undergrad. Since I also saw some folks in the regular cycle on my interview day I assumed that our decisions would be made at around the same time.3/16 was the last interview date
medapps2022
New Member
Does anyone generally know if decisions are all released only on Wednesdays, even if it's not an acceptance?
I think so!Does anyone generally know if decisions are all released only on Wednesdays, even if it's not an acceptance?
Has anyone heard anything today?
didome17
New Member
Nothing yet over here.. anyone hear?Has anyone heard anything today?
medapps2022
New Member
Nope. When did you interview??Nothing yet over here.. anyone hear?
hopefuldoctor26
Full Member
Nothing yet from a 3/2 interview
didome17
New Member
2/23Nothing yet from a 3/2 interview
medapps2022
New Member
3/162/23
I could’ve sworn they said we’d hear by 4/6 but maybe I’m going crazy
Justtryintomedschool
Full Member
Just got the A, interviewed 3/16!!
edit: good luck to everyone waiting to hear back! I've been neurotically checking my phone allll day
edit: good luck to everyone waiting to hear back! I've been neurotically checking my phone allll day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get a call or email?!Just got the A, interviewed 3/16!!
edit: good luck to everyone waiting to hear back! I've been neurotically checking my phone allll day
Justtryintomedschool
Full Member
call from the Dean, I checked my portal and AMCAS less than 5 mins prior to her call and there were no changesDid you get a call or email?!
HP waitlist, which seems like everyone is on. Idk if it’ll go anywhere.
Interviewed 2/23, LM 76.50, got HPWL today.
Does anyone have any waitlist tips or know of anyone who got off the waitlist? Super bummed about today's decision.
I mentioned this before but a lot of my classmates came from the waitlist last year, so don't give up hope just yet. Obviously plan on a reapplication if you haven't gotten in elsewhere, but it's not over 'til it's over. A lot of accepted people left the groupme last year because they decided on other schools.
I also don't know how helpful this is now that the cycle is pretty much over, but yesterday there was an addition to the SKMC student handbook - they added a section on Admissions that gives a bit more insight into the process. Nothing truly lifechanging but may be worth a read to some. If anyone wants to read it, you can download the handbook here: Student Resources
I worked at a Jefferson run-hospital, but do they care about stuff like that?
TuckGamePerfect
Full Member
Anyone notice that for the most updated USNWR data, Jeff reported 135 in-state interviews and 102 in-state acceptances (including those coming off the waitlists)...? That's a 75% post-II acceptance rate
When a number sounds too high to be true, you have to reality check it. 75% would be a crazy high post-II acceptance rate.Anyone notice that for the most updated USNWR data, Jeff reported 135 in-state interviews and 102 in-state acceptances (including those coming off the waitlists)...? That's a 75% post-II acceptance rate
102 IS As sounds reasonable, since they matriculate 77 IS. The disconnect comes from them having 7 IS EAPs, 12 IS BS/MDs, and 3 IS MD/PhDs. You either need to strip them out of your 102 As OR use the 168 IS IIs as reported by MSAR. Either one will get you to a 60% post-II IS acceptance rate, which seems a lot more reasonable to me.
TuckGamePerfect
Full Member
great point, forgot about the special candidates. thanks!When a number sounds too high to be true, you have to reality check it. 75% would be a crazy high post-II acceptance rate.
102 IS As sounds reasonable, since they matriculate 77 IS. The disconnect comes from them having 7 IS EAPs, 12 IS BS/MDs, and 3 IS MD/PhDs. You either need to strip them out of your 102 As OR use the 168 IS IIs as reported by MSAR. Either one will get you to a 60% post-II IS acceptance rate, which seems a lot more reasonable to me.
anyone know when WL movement starts normally?
anyone know when WL movement starts normally?
Last year the commit to enroll date on AMCAS was 4/30, so if it's the same date I'd imagine it's around there. There's also some WL movement as people start getting off other waitlists and change schools, etc.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The plan to enroll PTE was April 30th. CTE is usually 2 to 3 weeks prior to matriculation dateLast year the commit to enroll date on AMCAS was 4/30, so if it's the same date I'd imagine it's around there. There's also some WL movement as people start getting off other waitlists and change schools, etc.
The plan to enroll PTE was April 30th. CTE is usually 2 to 3 weeks prior to matriculation date
Oh woops! Yeah I meant the PTE date, thanks 🙂
Hopefully we get some waitlist movement!
do we know if the committee still meets on Wednesdays? just wondering when waitlist movement will start for Jeff
Looking at threads from previous years, it looks like waitlist movement can happen any day of the week.do we know if the committee still meets on Wednesdays? just wondering when waitlist movement will start for Jeff
It seems like this thread is much less active than past years, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's already started and just no one has posted about it. No way to really know for sure though without calling the admissions office.
Yeah thats a good point this thread is pretty dead. Im patiently here waiting on the HPWL as well though so I'll definitely post if I get called but so far nothing. I wonder if it would be a bad look to reach out and ask if there is any movement.Looking at threads from previous years, it looks like waitlist movement can happen any day of the week.
It seems like this thread is much less active than past years, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's already started and just no one has posted about it. No way to really know for sure though without calling the admissions office.
It’s hard to say. I know schools like people showing interest but I had the same thought about whether it was a good idea or not. People needed to decide PTE by Monday night so I guess it’s also possible that they just haven’t made any decisions yet.Yeah thats a good point this thread is pretty dead. Im patiently here waiting on the HPWL as well though so I'll definitely post if I get called but so far nothing. I wonder if it would be a bad look to reach out and ask if there is any movement.
I’ll call the office next week and ask.It’s hard to say. I know schools like people showing interest but I had the same thought about whether it was a good idea or not. People needed to decide PTE by Monday night so I guess it’s also possible that they just haven’t made any decisions yet.
There are some people who are still holding onto multiple A’s because they only received their financial aid/scholarship packages from other schools late last week and early this week. So I wouldn’t be shocked if waitlist movement hasn’t started yet
Thanks. I thought everyone had to whittle down their A's to one by this past Monday.I’ll call the office next week and ask.
There are some people who are still holding onto multiple A’s because they only received their financial aid/scholarship packages from other schools late last week and early this week. So I wouldn’t be shocked if waitlist movement hasn’t started yet
Do what you feel you need to do, but, TBH, SDN is active enough, Jefferson's class size is large enough, and its WL movement is significant enough that I am HIGHLY confident that someone will report something when WL movement begins.I’ll call the office next week and ask.
There are some people who are still holding onto multiple A’s because they only received their financial aid/scholarship packages from other schools late last week and early this week. So I wouldn’t be shocked if waitlist movement hasn’t started yet
Yup. Unless they got an extension, their school doesn't require it, or they just didn't do it. If it's the latter, some schools just dump people while others give them more time before reaching out to find out what's going on.Thanks. I thought everyone had to whittle down their A's to one by this past Monday.
Congrats!!! When did you interview?Received a call from the dean of admissions a little while ago. Accepted off the high priority waitlist! In complete shock!
Congrats! I really hope I get a call!Received a call from the dean of admissions a little while ago. Accepted off the high priority waitlist! In complete shock!
Edit: If you do not mind, what day did you interview and when were you waitlisted. Also, did you send LOI etc?
Last edited:
same!!Congrats! I really hope I get a call!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when did you interview?Received a call from the dean of admissions a little while ago. Accepted off the high priority waitlist! In complete shock!
1/12when did you interview?
does anyone know if most WL offers would’ve already been sent out? I’m just not sure whether or not their WL will even move much this year
I'd assume WL movement won't be all at once since their CTE deadline is late Junedoes anyone know if most WL offers would’ve already been sent out? I’m just not sure whether or not their WL will even move much this year
Wl movement has been silent here besides one person. Seems odd for a large school.