2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And so it begins *screams internally at work*

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
also accepted off the waitlist yesterday afternoon! IS. my portal was already changed when i checked after the call

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Did you have any other acceptances? Has your portal changed?
Thank you! I was on 3 waitlists (UNC, Brody, USC Greenville) and have heard back with As from all 3 in the last week. Pretty surreal after playing the waiting game last year, sitting on 1 waitlist all summer and hanging on until late July. My portal also changed

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I was on 3 waitlists (UNC, Brody, USC Greenville) and have heard back with As from all 3 in the last week. Pretty surreal after playing the waiting game last year, sitting on 1 waitlist all summer and hanging on until late July. My portal also changed
Congratulations!!! What do you think made the difference this cycle on getting the A?

Congratulations!!! What do you think made the difference this cycle on getting the A?
For some context, I interviewed at UNC last cycle and was rejected without getting waitlisted. My GPA and MCAT did not change. I spent significantly more time on interview prep and essay editing compared to last cycle. I also spent a year as a medical assistant in a community health center. Whatever it was for me, please remind yourself that there is some amount of luck and randomness associated with getting an A. If you've made it this far, you will surely be a doctor one day!

Reactions: 2 users
Happy Tuesday, I think we’ll be seeing some movement today. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Is WL movement usually on Tuesday's as well or just when slots open up?
Just wishful thinking and speculation. Last week decisions came out Tuesday, and based on previous threads, it seems like the second week of May gets a decent amount of movement.

Do we have any idea what time of day people typically receive news? Either R or a phone call?

Do we have any idea what time of day people typically receive news? Either R or a phone call?
Most post I’ve seen are usually in the afternoon for acceptances, and a good amount are around 2-3pm. I don’t think I’ve seen anybody gotten a call about a R yet. They usually do an email dump at the end for Rs.

Got the call Dr Rahangdale called that I was accepted off the WL this morning (5/10) around 9am!

Members don't see this ad :)
Most post I’ve seen are usually in the afternoon for acceptances, and a good amount are around 2-3pm. I don’t think I’ve seen anybody gotten a call about a R yet. They usually do an email dump at the end for Rs.
Ahh gotcha! I was wondering if there was a time of day people typically receive an email or portal update with an R. Thank you!!

Any current students who are willing to answer questions for someone one the fence about attending UNC?

I can't find that facebook group at all - I can only see the private undergrad page. What's the name of the Facebook group you guys are tracking?

I can't find that facebook group at all - I can only see the private undergrad page. What's the name of the Facebook group you guys are tracking?
The name of the group is UNC School of Medicine Class of 2026

Just got accepted off the waitlist about an hour ago!

Anyone know if they pull people off WL in June and July too?
That probably depends if anyone drops that late. I saw the facebook page drop to 186 so we should see a little movement sometime next week. Going forward, movement is going to be a lot slower if any.

Is anyone in the Facebook group that can give us an idea of how many are actually apart of class of 2026 versus admin/other students?

Is anyone in the Facebook group that can give us an idea of how many are actually apart of class of 2026 versus admin/other students?
At most 5 admin/current students -- I have noticed people leaving the GroupMe but not sure if they left the Facebook group too.

At most 5 admin/current students -- I have noticed people leaving the GroupMe but not sure if they left the Facebook group too.
Thanks for the inside scoop! Do you mind sharing how many are in the GroupMe?

Have any other waitlisted appliants gotten a tab on their portal for uploading OSHA certifications/profile pictures and stuff like that?

Have any other waitlisted appliants gotten a tab on their portal for uploading OSHA certifications/profile pictures and stuff like that?
I also got this...but it seems like most people did so unless all of us got it I feel like it may not mean much :(

I also called admissions with my question, and if Dr. Reed responds by phone I'll let y'all know!

Reactions: 1 users
Ok I got a response back - they told me to ignore it if I wasn't an accepted applicant and that it is an IT issue :( was hoping for a deeper meaning for sure!!

Thanks for the inside scoop! Do you mind sharing how many are in the GroupMe?
177 students are in the groupme if that was your question. Out of those i believe the same 5 are present as admin/current students, not 100% sure though.

Still hopeful for the waitlist...(518, ORM, 3.9 OOS) but submitted my AMCAS for 2022-2023 today!

Yeah, it’s June tomorrow so I think it’s time to start thinking next steps. Currently applying for a new job and working on finishing my apps for next cycle.
It was a good run folks! But I think waitlist movements are going to be really limited from now on. Hope one of us gets lucky though! I’ll see you guys on next years thread!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Holy cannoli, I just got pulled from the WL! Got a call from Dr. Rahangdale like 15 mins ago (3pm EST). I am technically OOS but have very close ties to NC.

My application status in the portal has not changed, but a lot of required forms to submit have popped up.

Last edited:
  • Love
Holy cannoli, I just got pulled from the WL! Got a call from Dr. Rahangdale like 15 mins ago (3pm EST). I am technically OOS but have very close ties to NC.

My application status in the portal has not changed, but a lot of required forms to submit have popped up.

congrats!!! that's awesome!! would you mind sharing your stats?