You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! Did you have any other acceptances? Has your portal changed?Accepted off the waitlist yesterday around 2 P.M. with a phone call. IS, reapplicant, 513, 3.8
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! I was on 3 waitlists (UNC, Brody, USC Greenville) and have heard back with As from all 3 in the last week. Pretty surreal after playing the waiting game last year, sitting on 1 waitlist all summer and hanging on until late July. My portal also changedCongrats!! Did you have any other acceptances? Has your portal changed?
regina.phalange
New Member
Congratulations!!! What do you think made the difference this cycle on getting the A?Thank you! I was on 3 waitlists (UNC, Brody, USC Greenville) and have heard back with As from all 3 in the last week. Pretty surreal after playing the waiting game last year, sitting on 1 waitlist all summer and hanging on until late July. My portal also changed
For some context, I interviewed at UNC last cycle and was rejected without getting waitlisted. My GPA and MCAT did not change. I spent significantly more time on interview prep and essay editing compared to last cycle. I also spent a year as a medical assistant in a community health center. Whatever it was for me, please remind yourself that there is some amount of luck and randomness associated with getting an A. If you've made it this far, you will surely be a doctor one day!Congratulations!!! What do you think made the difference this cycle on getting the A?
MashdPotato
Full Member
Happy Tuesday, I think we’ll be seeing some movement today. Fingers crossed!
Last edited:
Is WL movement usually on Tuesday's as well or just when slots open up?Happy Tuesday, I think we’ll be seeing some movement today. Fingers crossed!
MashdPotato
Full Member
Just wishful thinking and speculation. Last week decisions came out Tuesday, and based on previous threads, it seems like the second week of May gets a decent amount of movement.Is WL movement usually on Tuesday's as well or just when slots open up?
Med_Hopeful2024
Full Member
Do we have any idea what time of day people typically receive news? Either R or a phone call?
MashdPotato
Full Member
Most post I’ve seen are usually in the afternoon for acceptances, and a good amount are around 2-3pm. I don’t think I’ve seen anybody gotten a call about a R yet. They usually do an email dump at the end for Rs.Do we have any idea what time of day people typically receive news? Either R or a phone call?
has anyone oos been accepted off the waitlist?
Got the call Dr Rahangdale called that I was accepted off the WL this morning (5/10) around 9am!
Med_Hopeful2024
Full Member
Ahh gotcha! I was wondering if there was a time of day people typically receive an email or portal update with an R. Thank you!!Most post I’ve seen are usually in the afternoon for acceptances, and a good amount are around 2-3pm. I don’t think I’ve seen anybody gotten a call about a R yet. They usually do an email dump at the end for Rs.
D
deleted1057235
Any current students who are willing to answer questions for someone one the fence about attending UNC?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can! Feel free to PM me.Any current students who are willing to answer questions for someone one the fence about attending UNC?
Any updates on the WL?
MashdPotato
Full Member
Probably going to see a little bit of waitslist movement today. The Facebook group dropped by 1 last week.Any updates on the WL?
Med_Hopeful2024
Full Member
I can't find that facebook group at all - I can only see the private undergrad page. What's the name of the Facebook group you guys are tracking?
Any news?Probably going to see a little bit of waitslist movement today. The Facebook group dropped by 1 last week.
MashdPotato
Full Member
Seems like there wasn't any movement this week. Facebook page stayed at 187.Any news?
MashdPotato
Full Member
The name of the group is UNC School of Medicine Class of 2026I can't find that facebook group at all - I can only see the private undergrad page. What's the name of the Facebook group you guys are tracking?
Nimbus9000
Full Member
Just got accepted off the waitlist about an hour ago!
Congrats!!Just got accepted off the waitlist about an hour ago!
Anyone know if they pull people off WL in June and July too?
MashdPotato
Full Member
That probably depends if anyone drops that late. I saw the facebook page drop to 186 so we should see a little movement sometime next week. Going forward, movement is going to be a lot slower if any.Anyone know if they pull people off WL in June and July too?
Is anyone in the Facebook group that can give us an idea of how many are actually apart of class of 2026 versus admin/other students?
MashdPotato
Full Member
facebook page went up to 192 this weekend :/
love that for usfacebook page went up to 192 this weekend :/
WhoCanSay
New Member
At most 5 admin/current students -- I have noticed people leaving the GroupMe but not sure if they left the Facebook group too.Is anyone in the Facebook group that can give us an idea of how many are actually apart of class of 2026 versus admin/other students?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MashdPotato
Full Member
Thanks for the inside scoop! Do you mind sharing how many are in the GroupMe?At most 5 admin/current students -- I have noticed people leaving the GroupMe but not sure if they left the Facebook group too.
charlu6424
New Member
Have any other waitlisted appliants gotten a tab on their portal for uploading OSHA certifications/profile pictures and stuff like that?
Mine also says that...Have any other waitlisted appliants gotten a tab on their portal for uploading OSHA certifications/profile pictures and stuff like that?
SameMine also says that...
In this mix as wellHave any other waitlisted appliants gotten a tab on their portal for uploading OSHA certifications/profile pictures and stuff like that?
charlu6424
New Member
Looks like it might be generic, but at the same time I wonder if it means anything since it's asking for things you'd do when you get accepted lolMine also says that...
New question: did anyone NOT get this portal update?
Med_Hopeful2024
Full Member
I also got this...but it seems like most people did so unless all of us got it I feel like it may not mean much 🙁Have any other waitlisted appliants gotten a tab on their portal for uploading OSHA certifications/profile pictures and stuff like that?
Med_Hopeful2024
Full Member
If I email admissions about it to see if we need to do anything, would you guys want updates?I also got this...but it seems like most people did so unless all of us got it I feel like it may not mean much 🙁
charlu6424
New Member
I also called admissions with my question, and if Dr. Reed responds by phone I'll let y'all know!
Med_Hopeful2024
Full Member
Haha I also emailed admissions too so if I hear anything I will absolutely put it here too!I also called admissions with my question, and if Dr. Reed responds by phone I'll let y'all know!
Med_Hopeful2024
Full Member
Ok I got a response back - they told me to ignore it if I wasn't an accepted applicant and that it is an IT issue 🙁 was hoping for a deeper meaning for sure!!
Red_Thorne
Full Member
177 students are in the groupme if that was your question. Out of those i believe the same 5 are present as admin/current students, not 100% sure though.Thanks for the inside scoop! Do you mind sharing how many are in the GroupMe?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MashdPotato
Full Member
Yeah, it’s June tomorrow so I think it’s time to start thinking next steps. Currently applying for a new job and working on finishing my apps for next cycle.
It was a good run folks! But I think waitlist movements are going to be really limited from now on. Hope one of us gets lucky though! I’ll see you guys on next years thread!!!
It was a good run folks! But I think waitlist movements are going to be really limited from now on. Hope one of us gets lucky though! I’ll see you guys on next years thread!!!
Med_Hopeful2024
Full Member
Not for me and not that I've heard 🙁Any movement for anyone on the waitlist?
purple_hydrangea
Full Member
Med_Hopeful2024
Full Member
congrats!!! that's awesome!! would you mind sharing your stats?Holy cannoli, I just got pulled from the WL! Got a call from Dr. Rahangdale like 15 mins ago (3pm EST). I am technically OOS but have very close ties to NC.
My application status in the portal has not changed, but a lot of required forms to submit have popped up.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 910
- Views
- 247K