2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an A call earlier today and my portal changed to “decided”! Is this normal, or should it say “accepted”? I’m honestly in disbelief right now…
Yes, you are good! Decided is what you want! Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m assuming everything that comes after today should be waitlist at best?

I’m assuming everything that comes after today should be waitlist at best?
That Sucks The Office GIF

That's what I'm thinking

Congrats! Has your portal also changed?
I happened to check my portal about an hour before I got the phone call and it still said "awaiting decision." Checked again now and it has changed to "decided." I think they really try to call accepted applicants before updating the portal.

Also got a call earlier today from both of my interviewers!! What a dream come true ToT

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlistttt. IS reapp who interviewed early Jan.

Just received the waitlist email :/ IS and interviewed 09/20

WL. IS, reapplicant, interviewed October

When did y’all receive the email? I’m still waiting

Got the WL email earlier today at 1:52 PM. Selected yes. Welcome to the waiting game part 4? (1: Waiting to get secondary, 2: waiting for II, 3: Post-Interview wait)

EDIT: Interviewed back in Oct.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Do people think the portal will continue to say awaiting decision for those on the waitlist?

Anyone have sources for how much movement unc waitlist normally sees/how large the waitlist is? Wondering if anyone knows how close this is to a soft R.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have sources for how much movement unc waitlist normally sees/how large the waitlist is? Wondering if anyone knows how close this is to a soft R.
I believe they do waitlist a good amount, esp given how many people reported being WL already.

No portal change. No email 😬 anyone else?

For those who selected "Yes" to be on the waitlist, did you receive any sort of confirmation via portal or email?

For those who selected "Yes" to be on the waitlist, did you receive any sort of confirmation via portal or email?
I didn't get an email after selecting "Yes", but when I logged in again using the link in the email my choice was confirmed and highlighted in green.

Reactions: 1 users