You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
did anyone IS get accepted with a <3.2 gpa?
dannydiamonds.777
New Member
Good run folks. Good luck to those on WL!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dang did ya'll see that the match rate went down to 93%? i wonder what to make of it
Yeah I was wondering why the match rate went down. Also I wonder with Step 1 goingP/F, how will it affect this for future classes?dang did ya'll see that the match rate went down to 93%? i wonder what to make of it
Sometime in April.When is UNC supposed to give financial aid info/notice of aid?
This happened to some people last year. Admissions told my friends last year that they “forgot” to send them their decision after they emailed admissions asking for an update. I think its safe to ask for an update, But obviously only do what you’re comfortable with!Anyone else still waiting on a decision? I feel like I should know one way or another at this point
I’m assuming they did not receive good news?This happened to some people last year. Admissions told my friends last year that they “forgot” to send them their decision after they emailed admissions asking for an update. I think its safe to ask for an update, But obviously only do what you’re comfortable with!
I was just called by her but missed it. I got my acceptance call back in November though, so a little confused…?was anyone who was accepted today called by dr.rahangdale?
One was waitlisted and one denied. So medium news and bad news.I’m assuming they did not receive good news?
Tbh looking at the previous cycle, I think WL won't move until May :lAre we expecting decisions for the waitlist to come out on Tuesday's still or just anytime?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuremedstudent32
Full Member
there are already 179 people in the fb group 🙁
Nimbus9000
Full Member
Idk what your WL email said but mine said "DO NOT SEND LETTERS OF INTENT OR UPDATES/ADDITIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION." so...Anyone on the WL planning to sent a LoI or letter of continued interest? Debating doing so considering their stance on updates.
reading is hard 🙁Idk what your WL email said but mine said "DO NOT SEND LETTERS OF INTENT OR UPDATES/ADDITIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION." so...
Med_Hopeful2024
Full Member
Currently WL and interviewed back in October. Does anyone have any idea about the WL movement in years past w/ UNC or any trends? I guess I'm looking for anything to figure out where I stand!
Red_Thorne
Full Member
Yes!Is there a groupme for current accepted students? I don’t have access to my FB right now 😅
MashdPotato
Full Member
Is there any UNC waitlist support groups?
I don't believe so but I would love to join as well if one is made!Is there any UNC waitlist support groups?
Moderator note: the following post has been moved back to the school specific thread. We do not want to encourage separate waitlist threads for every school as it would reduce the visibility of all other non-school-specific posts. Thank you for your understanding.
Good tidings my brothers sisters and nonbinary affiliates.
We happy few on the Fall 2022 UNC SOM Waitlist come together here to track movement and support each other's hopeful acceptance. Similar to previous years, (2020-2021, 2019-2020 linked) where the general numbers were from those posts are
2017/18:
7 SDN members posted that they were waitlisted and all 7 were accepted.
2018/19:
7 SDN members posted waitlist status and again, 7 were accepted.
2019/20:
15 SDN members posted to waitlist page and 7 were accepted (rough numbers)
2020/21:
10 SDN members posted to waitlist page and 5 were accepted (rough numbers)
Overall, in 2020/21 and 2019/20 most movement occurs in the month of May, particularly May 17 and May 30. The month of June is mostly crickets to SDN users, but a few of us get A's June 20. Most students on the waitlist are IS, general ratio is appx 4:1. Facebook group of accepted students overs around 200, which is their class size, and notably, some students claim that this group also has some Pharma and Nursing students currently they are at 186 members (04-25-2022).
There may be a slight advantage to WL students with no other As. Some claim ex-Admissions staff said 10-20% of students move off of the waitlist.
LETS DO THIS! We can keep the poll rolling on IS vs OOS on waitlist.
Thanks everyone and good luck 🙂
-E
Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator note:
A separate thread was created to discuss the UNC-specific waitlist (see @StezaMan 's post above). I've merged that post though (before it accumulated too many responses) to consolidate all of the UNC-specific information in one place. If every school had their own separate waitlist thread elsewhere, it would reduce the visibility of all other non-school-specific information. Thank you for your understanding, and my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Obligatory compensatory picture:
A separate thread was created to discuss the UNC-specific waitlist (see @StezaMan 's post above). I've merged that post though (before it accumulated too many responses) to consolidate all of the UNC-specific information in one place. If every school had their own separate waitlist thread elsewhere, it would reduce the visibility of all other non-school-specific information. Thank you for your understanding, and my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Obligatory compensatory picture:
MashdPotato
Full Member
Thanks for pulling that data together. If we can assume that the ex-adcom info is accurate, then joining this waitlist thread increases your chances of getting off the WL! It is time for the waitlisted sleeper members to contribute!Good tidings my brothers sisters and nonbinary affiliates.
We happy few on the Fall 2022 UNC SOM Waitlist come together here to track movement and support each other's hopeful acceptance. Similar to previous years, (2020-2021, 2019-2020 linked) where the general numbers were from those posts are
2017/18:
7 SDN members posted that they were waitlisted and all 7 were accepted.
2018/19:
7 SDN members posted waitlist status and again, 7 were accepted.
2019/20:
15 SDN members posted to waitlist page and 7 were accepted (rough numbers)
2020/21:
10 SDN members posted to waitlist page and 5 were accepted (rough numbers)
Overall, in 2020/21 and 2019/20 most movement occurs in the month of May, particularly May 17 and May 30. The month of June is mostly crickets to SDN users, but a few of us get A's June 20. Most students on the waitlist are IS, general ratio is appx 4:1. Facebook group of accepted students overs around 200, which is their class size, and notably, some students claim that this group also has some Pharma and Nursing students currently they are at 186 members (04-25-2022).
There may be a slight advantage to WL students with no other As. Some claim ex-Admissions staff said 10-20% of students move off of the waitlist.
LETS DO THIS! We can keep the poll rolling on IS vs OOS on waitlist.
Thanks everyone and good luck 🙂
-E
Also, I don't see any polls. I am an IS ORM applicant. 515+, ~3.6 gpa.
Thanks for pulling that data together. If we can assume that the ex-adcom info is accurate, then joining this waitlist thread increases your chances of getting off the WL! It is time for the waitlisted sleeper members to contribute!
Also, I don't see any polls. I am an IS ORM applicant. 515+, ~3.6 gpa.
I’m waitlisted as a reapplicant, IS, 514 MCAT, 4.0 gpa!
Also waitlist (and no acceptances this cycle big rip), IS ORM, 520+, ~3.8 GPAThanks for pulling that data together. If we can assume that the ex-adcom info is accurate, then joining this waitlist thread increases your chances of getting off the WL! It is time for the waitlisted sleeper members to contribute!
Also, I don't see any polls. I am an IS ORM applicant. 515+, ~3.6 gpa.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
charlu6424
New Member
IS first time applicant, 512 MCAT , 4.0 GPA, no other acceptancesThanks for pulling that data together. If we can assume that the ex-adcom info is accurate, then joining this waitlist thread increases your chances of getting off the WL! It is time for the waitlisted sleeper members to contribute!
Also, I don't see any polls. I am an IS ORM applicant. 515+, ~3.6 gpa.
Med_Hopeful2024
Full Member
IS first time applicant, 516, 4.0 GPA, no other A's 🙁 currently still on WL thoThanks for pulling that data together. If we can assume that the ex-adcom info is accurate, then joining this waitlist thread increases your chances of getting off the WL! It is time for the waitlisted sleeper members to contribute!
Also, I don't see any polls. I am an IS ORM applicant. 515+, ~3.6 gpa.
Hey Potato there was a poll on a seperate thread but mods took it down …Thanks for pulling that data together. If we can assume that the ex-adcom info is accurate, then joining this waitlist thread increases your chances of getting off the WL! It is time for the waitlisted sleeper members to contribute!
Also, I don't see any polls. I am an IS ORM applicant. 515+, ~3.6 gpa.
General numbers matched previous years. About a 4:1 IS to OOS waitlist.
Reapplicant. Waitlisted last year too. IS. Applied w a 508 but have an improved score from 2022
Dr SheWolf
Full Member
Thanks for this- WL here, Drexel, Brody, and at Wake. Someone posted a doc that had WL movement, but UNC did not have any numbers, and I sort of assumed there wouldn’t be any movement. But, it’s almost May, so I can start stressing out again, lol.Good tidings my brothers sisters and nonbinary affiliates.
We happy few on the Fall 2022 UNC SOM Waitlist come together here to track movement and support each other's hopeful acceptance. Similar to previous years, (2020-2021, 2019-2020 linked) where the general numbers were from those posts are
2017/18:
7 SDN members posted that they were waitlisted and all 7 were accepted.
2018/19:
7 SDN members posted waitlist status and again, 7 were accepted.
2019/20:
15 SDN members posted to waitlist page and 7 were accepted (rough numbers)
2020/21:
10 SDN members posted to waitlist page and 5 were accepted (rough numbers)
Overall, in 2020/21 and 2019/20 most movement occurs in the month of May, particularly May 17 and May 30. The month of June is mostly crickets to SDN users, but a few of us get A's June 20. Most students on the waitlist are IS, general ratio is appx 4:1. Facebook group of accepted students overs around 200, which is their class size, and notably, some students claim that this group also has some Pharma and Nursing students currently they are at 186 members (04-25-2022).
There may be a slight advantage to WL students with no other As. Some claim ex-Admissions staff said 10-20% of students move off of the waitlist.
LETS DO THIS! We can keep the poll rolling on IS vs OOS on waitlist.
Thanks everyone and good luck 🙂
-E
Last edited:
Dr SheWolf
Full Member
That’s crazy!IS first time applicant, 516, 4.0 GPA, no other A's 🙁 currently still on WL tho
MashdPotato
Full Member
MashdPotato
Full Member
Happy May folks! Facebook page has dropped to 178. Is there any chance that there are people other than the accepted students?
regina.phalange
New Member
Waitlist IS first time applicant, 3.3 undergrad, 4.0 masters physiology, 500 MCAT. Also “undecided” at Brody.
regina.phalange
New Member
Anyone know if we can apply for the new cycle at the end of May while still waitlisted at schools?
Anyone know approx how many are on the waitlist?
Waitlisted here. IS, URM, 507 MCAT. 2 Other A's this cycle and 1 other WL.
MashdPotato
Full Member
No one really knows since UNC does not release that information. I’ve seen speculation anywhere from 100-200 ish.Anyone know approx how many are on the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted here. IS, URM, 507 MCAT. 2 Other A's this cycle and 1 other WL.
Waitlist as well. IS, 514 MCAT 4.0 gpa. No other A’s and also on Brody’s waitlist.
futuremedstudent32
Full Member
Waitlisted here too. IS, 508, 3.9 gpa. One A
Yes. I know a couple people who were on waitlists, applied to the next cycle, then got the acceptance off the waitlist in June and July for the previous cycle.Anyone know if we can apply for the new cycle at the end of May while still waitlisted at schools?
MashdPotato
Full Member
There's a chance of being accepted in July? I still need to figure out what I'm going to do if I don't get in and not knowing is making it hard to form solid plans.Yes. I know a couple people who were on waitlists, applied to the next cycle, then got the acceptance off the waitlist in June and July for the previous cycle.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 910
- Views
- 247K