2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sup homies! Also got the WL email yesterday 1:52pm.

OOS MCAT 508 non trad lots of research. Interviewed early Nov! Good luck all yall.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
dang did ya'll see that the match rate went down to 93%? i wonder what to make of it

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else still waiting on a decision? I feel like I should know one way or another at this point

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else still waiting on a decision? I feel like I should know one way or another at this point
This happened to some people last year. Admissions told my friends last year that they “forgot” to send them their decision after they emailed admissions asking for an update. I think its safe to ask for an update, But obviously only do what you’re comfortable with!

This happened to some people last year. Admissions told my friends last year that they “forgot” to send them their decision after they emailed admissions asking for an update. I think its safe to ask for an update, But obviously only do what you’re comfortable with!
I’m assuming they did not receive good news?

When will the waitlist start to move? Or is it really just anytime now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we expecting decisions for the waitlist to come out on Tuesday's still or just anytime?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone on the WL planning to sent a LoI or letter of continued interest? Debating doing so considering their stance on updates.

Anyone on the WL planning to sent a LoI or letter of continued interest? Debating doing so considering their stance on updates.
Idk what your WL email said but mine said "DO NOT SEND LETTERS OF INTENT OR UPDATES/ADDITIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION." so...

Seems like folks are starting to hear back about their financial aid/merit scholarships right about now. For those who are accepted

Currently WL and interviewed back in October. Does anyone have any idea about the WL movement in years past w/ UNC or any trends? I guess I'm looking for anything to figure out where I stand!

Is there a groupme for current accepted students? I don’t have access to my FB right now 😅

Moderator note: the following post has been moved back to the school specific thread. We do not want to encourage separate waitlist threads for every school as it would reduce the visibility of all other non-school-specific posts. Thank you for your understanding.

Good tidings my brothers sisters and nonbinary affiliates.

We happy few on the Fall 2022 UNC SOM Waitlist come together here to track movement and support each other's hopeful acceptance. Similar to previous years, (2020-2021, 2019-2020 linked) where the general numbers were from those posts are

2017/18:
7 SDN members posted that they were waitlisted and all 7 were accepted.
2018/19:
7 SDN members posted waitlist status and again, 7 were accepted.
2019/20:
15 SDN members posted to waitlist page and 7 were accepted (rough numbers)
2020/21:
10 SDN members posted to waitlist page and 5 were accepted (rough numbers)

Overall, in 2020/21 and 2019/20 most movement occurs in the month of May, particularly May 17 and May 30. The month of June is mostly crickets to SDN users, but a few of us get A's June 20. Most students on the waitlist are IS, general ratio is appx 4:1. Facebook group of accepted students overs around 200, which is their class size, and notably, some students claim that this group also has some Pharma and Nursing students currently they are at 186 members (04-25-2022).

There may be a slight advantage to WL students with no other As. Some claim ex-Admissions staff said 10-20% of students move off of the waitlist.

LETS DO THIS! We can keep the poll rolling on IS vs OOS on waitlist.
Thanks everyone and good luck :)
-E

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Moderator note:
A separate thread was created to discuss the UNC-specific waitlist (see @StezaMan 's post above). I've merged that post though (before it accumulated too many responses) to consolidate all of the UNC-specific information in one place. If every school had their own separate waitlist thread elsewhere, it would reduce the visibility of all other non-school-specific information. Thank you for your understanding, and my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Obligatory compensatory picture:
1650931162963.png

We happy few on the Fall 2022 UNC SOM Waitlist come together here to track movement and support each other's hopeful acceptance. Similar to previous years, (2020-2021, 2019-2020 linked) where the general numbers were from those posts are

2017/18:
2018/19:
2019/20:
2020/21:

Overall, in 2020/21 and 2019/20 most movement occurs in the month of May, particularly May 17 and May 30. The month of June is mostly crickets to SDN users, but a few of us get A's June 20. Most students on the waitlist are IS, general ratio is appx 4:1. Facebook group of accepted students overs around 200, which is their class size, and notably, some students claim that this group also has some Pharma and Nursing students currently they are at 186 members (04-25-2022).

There may be a slight advantage to WL students with no other As. Some claim ex-Admissions staff said 10-20% of students move off of the waitlist.

-E
Thanks for pulling that data together. If we can assume that the ex-adcom info is accurate, then joining this waitlist thread increases your chances of getting off the WL! It is time for the waitlisted sleeper members to contribute!

Also, I don't see any polls. I am an IS ORM applicant. 515+, ~3.6 gpa.

Thanks for pulling that data together. If we can assume that the ex-adcom info is accurate, then joining this waitlist thread increases your chances of getting off the WL! It is time for the waitlisted sleeper members to contribute!

I’m waitlisted as a reapplicant, IS, 514 MCAT, 4.0 gpa!

• Care

Also waitlist (and no acceptances this cycle big rip), IS ORM, 520+, ~3.8 GPA

• Wow

IS first time applicant, 512 MCAT , 4.0 GPA, no other acceptances

• Care

IS first time applicant, 516, 4.0 GPA, no other A's :( currently still on WL tho

• Wow

Hey Potato there was a poll on a seperate thread but mods took it down …

General numbers matched previous years. About a 4:1 IS to OOS waitlist.

Reapplicant. Waitlisted last year too. IS. Applied w a 508 but have an improved score from 2022

• Care

2017/18:
2018/19:
2019/20:
2020/21:

-E
Thanks for this- WL here, Drexel, Brody, and at Wake. Someone posted a doc that had WL movement, but UNC did not have any numbers, and I sort of assumed there wouldn’t be any movement. But, it’s almost May, so I can start stressing out again, lol.

Last edited:
D2B639A4-FE56-4185-9EAB-70AED7CC5088.jpeg
Been stalking the accepted student fb page. Went from 185-180 today.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
IS First Time Applicant, 521, 3.55 GPA, w/ 1 other A but currently waitlisted at UNC

Manifesting movement this May for all of us :cool:

when you mind is so occupied with sdn that you realize ups is sdn upside down. Enjoy that for the rest of eternity.
1651328223622.png

Reactions: 6 users
Happy May folks! Facebook page has dropped to 178. Is there any chance that there are people other than the accepted students?

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlist IS first time applicant, 3.3 undergrad, 4.0 masters physiology, 500 MCAT. Also “undecided” at Brody.

Anyone know if we can apply for the new cycle at the end of May while still waitlisted at schools?

Waitlisted here. IS, URM, 507 MCAT. 2 Other A's this cycle and 1 other WL.

Anyone know if we can apply for the new cycle at the end of May while still waitlisted at schools?
Yes. I know a couple people who were on waitlists, applied to the next cycle, then got the acceptance off the waitlist in June and July for the previous cycle.

Yes. I know a couple people who were on waitlists, applied to the next cycle, then got the acceptance off the waitlist in June and July for the previous cycle.
There's a chance of being accepted in July? I still need to figure out what I'm going to do if I don't get in and not knowing is making it hard to form solid plans.

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday around 2 P.M. with a phone call. IS, reapplicant, 513, 3.8

• Love
Reactions: 6 users